PE/HF | Summer 2017 Recruiting Process

Figured this will be starting here in a month or 2 with all of the 1st years getting settled in. I know I have seen/heard that a lot of the headhunters have already sent out the lists to 2nd years they know to get the emails for the 1st years. Any 1st years getting pinged yet?

The Stranger:

Have been collecting responses from PE firms my group works with (am in a sponsors group). Consensus seems to be Jan / Feb for official '17 kickoff after hearing back from roughly 60 firms.

That is what it was this last yr. I'm a 2nd year, I just didn't go through the process or talk to anyone last year but was around when the chaos hit first weekend in Feb.

Anyone have any idea when the "coffee chats" are starting?

Best Response

Why is this process so early? I am baffled by this... I am at a BB in a top group in NY, so I am looking at PE opportunities as well. But I just don't understand why this starts so early, considering all of us just started our jobs... Not sure what banks you guys are at, but even though the start date is typically mid July, after training its really an August start, and then you don't actually get into the swing of things until around this time. I mean I am still working alongside 2nd year analysts on all my deals, and I doubt we will get separated from them on our own until the end of October. So that really only leaves us with a few months of experience until this process starts. How is it possible to perform at this point? I don't understand how PE firms expect a high level of understanding of their industry if we JUST started in THIS industry. Makes no sense. Someone in PE please clarify / give advice. Thanks.

it's a race to get the best talent. Someone always jumps the gun earlier and earlier... doesnt really matter about your lack of experience because they know the quality of candidates that come out of the best groups. Banking is pretty cookie-cutter so you can generally get a sense what you will get from the candidate in 1.5 years. The learning curve also sharply drops off after the first 9 months

Ad quia incidunt ut aut adipisci aut neque veniam. Eum unde omnis dolor perferendis aut. Repellendus explicabo alias asperiores accusantium maxime. Ut quam consequatur laborum ad ad. Omnis dignissimos asperiores eum excepturi et sit neque.

Est nisi alias dicta aliquid veniam architecto assumenda eum. Vel delectus neque quisquam facere voluptas. Temporibus nihil odio assumenda nobis.

Adipisci corporis corrupti recusandae doloribus rem aut odio. Qui molestiae nihil consectetur voluptatibus rerum. Sed et vel tempora architecto voluptas aspernatur. Perferendis non laborum alias ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”