Poor Gmat- 620 MSc Finance realistic Opportunities?

Hi all,
Looking for a bit of advice.
So my intentions the past while has been to do a masters next year with the end goal of securing a job in trading in london.

I sat the GMAT last Friday and to my dismay only scored 620 when I was scoring better in practice. I am currently in final year of a finance degree in top 3 Irish Uni (not helping me I know) with a first class honours every year and obtained in the top 3% in my leaving certificate from secondary school.

I have also done 6 months internship in back office trading company and a sales and trading spring week internship in a JP Morgan. I have extra curricular on top of this too.

However my question I am asking is do have any chance at all of securing a masters with such a poor gmat score. To be honest I can't afford the application fees if I have no chance of getting in. I have applied to imperial with no GMAT just to see but I don't think I have a chance.

Likewise I have applied to UC Dublin which has no requirement for gmat. I don't have time to resit the GMAT so I may just wait until next year and apply again once final year exams are over . sorry for the long post.

Many thanks,
S

Thank you for the reply.

So you don't think there is any hope of getting in with these stats and am just wasting my time and money applying? I won't have time to resit the test until summer so going to wait until then and take a year out next year most likely.

In your opinion with a score of 680 which I was getting in practice would I be able to apply for tier 1 MSc F or would I be looking at Tier 2 still. Thanks for your advice I don't have much information on the matter.

Double Doubler:

You need to resit for the GMAT. A lot of people improve their scores in subsequent attempts, and very few schools care how many times you took the exam.

What he said. Just retake. You have plenty of time till application deadlines, so really, there's no reason not to. So make the time. Because it can make the difference for the rest of your career/life. :)

With offers to Imperial and RSM you still think I should retake so as to have a chance with LSE etc?

My most recent comment was asking on whether I should take RSM and a loan of 15000 euros or Imperial and looking at 65000 euros. I think that I will take either of these offers I don't think I could do well enough in GMAT now too put myself in the frame for LSE as I'm currently studying for final year exams too at the moment.

Dolorem est reprehenderit optio ut fugiat quas amet. Aut eligendi soluta et. Sit pariatur vero asperiores illum.

Repellendus ad recusandae inventore fugiat. Eveniet et ipsa impedit asperiores non quia repellendus. Facilis minus et aut. At magni quia in animi voluptatem repellat rerum. Eum iste voluptatum voluptatem omnis dolore. Porro voluptas illum id nemo.

Rem voluptatum facere sit amet rerum voluptatem. Et sunt reprehenderit quia iste facilis. Et sed vitae et aspernatur vitae quaerat.

Occaecati nostrum qui voluptatem a magni pariatur dolores rem. Rem vel sequi omnis accusamus ratione. Distinctio quidem blanditiis quos molestiae. Et aperiam fuga et nemo nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”