realistically speaking, do I even have a chance for the 2015 summer anlyst positions for S&T?

School :Semi/non target (a rising junior)
Major: Mathematical Economics
GPA: 3.75/4.00
Nationality: Foreign(having an accent)
Experience: not so much. Interning at a commercial real estate company right now and volunteered at a non-profit organization last year.

Am I a hopeless candidate?

Best Response

This is your 30th goddamn post on the subject. Network where possible, practice your english and interviewing skills, socializing is the best way to go about that. No fucking clue, I would be more worried about your Visa status than your accent as far as holding you back career wise.

And honestly, those are incredibly difficult fields to get into and you stated you already had a solid internship in a different industry, so don't slouch there and maybe that's an industry you can do well in. The secret to success in four words is: stick to your strengths. Take the best offers you can get and forget the rest.

As ^^ said, you need to find a fall internship in the field you want. You also need to be able to speak very eloquently and well informed regarding what you did at that internship, how you contributed to the bigger picture, and what you learned. You'll be fine then.

Also a rising junior and doing research for a bschool professor this summer. Just curious about the fall internship. Is it possible to find a part-time one since I have to take a certain class for the degree in the fall...

Sapiente et consequuntur beatae sed eos numquam. Molestiae est dolor reiciendis omnis dolorem delectus aliquam. Voluptatem totam excepturi explicabo.

Ullam sint expedita voluptatum iure. Numquam vel ad maiores mollitia. Id tempore sed quas ad dolorem facere ex.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”