DaisukiDaYo:

Quick question - how do the sizes run? So would a Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit run the same as a Brooks Brothers or a bit slimmer/fatter?

I can't compare it to Brooks well, but they run big. I am NOT a super slim hipster fit type guy but I've learned to buy Charles Tyrwhitt in super slim because even their slim cut balloons a bit on me. My brother is a stockier guy and even he buys the slim, not the original cut.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

CRE:
DaisukiDaYo:

Quick question - how do the sizes run? So would a Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit run the same as a Brooks Brothers or a bit slimmer/fatter?

I can't compare it to Brooks well, but they run big. I am NOT a super slim hipster fit type guy but I've learned to buy Charles Tyrwhitt in super slim because even their slim cut balloons a bit on me. My brother is a stockier guy and even he buys the slim, not the original cut.

Thanks, I'm edging towards extra slim - Brooks brothers extra slim runs a bit too tight for me, and the slim fit runs a bit flabbier.

CRE:
DaisukiDaYo:

So if I'm 6 ft and 220-230 (former college football player, hard to get the weight down), and Brooks slim is my go-to, slim CT would fit fine?

I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Best Response
rogersterling59:
CRE:

DaisukiDaYo:

So if I'm 6 ft and 220-230 (former college football player, hard to get the weight down), and Brooks slim is my go-to, slim CT would fit fine?

Ya you sound almost identical to my brother (minus the college FB, but he would have if he didn't get hurt)

rogersterling59:
CRE:

DaisukiDaYo:

You may have heard this before, but chug a glass of water before you eat. Helps stop you from overeating.

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Haha luckily I don't have to worry about the muscle, I'm weak right now. But fuck me, I might have to go shopping at the big and tall store for the first time in my life. They've got weird sizes at least... it sucks being 6'5, you're not quite big & tall, but you're sure as shit not normal :-p

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

Staying in shape while working full time is difficult as all hell. I had a legitimate 6/8 pack in college. I...do not have that now. It's a full time job staying in that kind of shape

+1 Checking in to join the retarded proportions club. 15.5 inch neck with a 40 inch chest and a 31 inch waist. The only thing I've found that even remotely fits me is H&M shirts but their collars suck and fabric starts feeling like shit within 3 washes.

kidflash:

+1
Checking in to join the retarded proportions club. 15.5 inch neck with a 40 inch chest and a 31 inch waist. The only thing I've found that even remotely fits me is H&M shirts but their collars suck and fabric starts feeling like shit within 3 washes.

You should definitely check out charles tyrwhitt super slims. For the money, they're the best you can buy IMO.

CRE:
kidflash:

+1
Checking in to join the retarded proportions club. 15.5 inch neck with a 40 inch chest and a 31 inch waist. The only thing I've found that even remotely fits me is H&M shirts but their collars suck and fabric starts feeling like shit within 3 washes.

You should definitely check out charles tyrwhitt super slims. For the money, they're the best you can buy IMO.

I actually looked into it, but my proportions fit more for a 14.5 neck vs a 15.5 neck (38 in chest relaxed but 40 flexed). Also short as hell (5"6) so I try to wear my clothes as slim as possible. Returned the shirt.

DaisukiDaYo:

Anyone here find that Express extra-slim medium dress shirts fit them the best? That's the case for me but they're all like "going out" shirts that need to be ironed.

Actually I got one on sale last year I think and I was surprised how well it fit. Usually don't buy their dress shirts because I do not like the quality, but they fit great

I keep seeing these pop up on this forum. I've never seen these mentioned on the fashion sites and forums that I frequent.

Looks like a good deal for this price. I'll try it out. Kind of obnoxious how the majority of them have French cuffs though. The only times when I can wear French cuffs is to weddings and such.

EDIT: I just saw that you can change your cuff type. Good deal...

Is the Extra Slim Fit the go-to for people with an athletic build who like slim-fitting clothing, or is it an only-for-Aushwitz deal as is sometimes the case?

EDIT 2.0: Anyone know how long the sale will last? Don't know whether to order one to try fit or order a few while it lasts. EDIT 3.0: Found the answer: June 9

IlliniProgrammer:

I can't speak to the ironables, but the non-iron shirts are at least on par with Joseph Abboud and Nordstrom's (house brand).

I can't compare to the Brooks Brothers shirts because I'm too cheap to buy them.

Again, SBs to someone who can figure out how to cashback this.

YES, I'M CHEAP. I KNOW.

I don't think it's possible, otherwise the guys on slickdeals would have figured it out.

kidflash:
IlliniProgrammer:

I can't speak to the ironables, but the non-iron shirts are at least on par with Joseph Abboud and Nordstrom's (house brand).
I can't compare to the Brooks Brothers shirts because I'm too cheap to buy them.
Again, SBs to someone who can figure out how to cashback this.
YES, I'M CHEAP. I KNOW.

I don't think it's possible, otherwise the guys on slickdeals would have figured it out.

Point taken. (I already checked at Slickdeals). You guys were a little bit smarter, but it looks like it can't be done.

Glad I stopped by here today and learned about this brand. Ended up ordering 5 dress shirts, 2 sport shirts, and a polo for $250. Just hope the fit is good, but even if it isn't perfect, I can afford to tailor it with it still being a good deal at $30 a shirt if the quality is as on-point as it looks like it is.

Anyone know how their chinos fit?

And I'm looking for a pair of plain, black oxfords. Would you go with Allen Edmonds or a pair from here? I tend to stick to shoes from shoemakers and watches from watchmakers, not fashion or clothing brands, but the price is good here and quality looks right.

Sed ut consequatur quisquam quo qui voluptatem. Labore velit nemo et eum harum perferendis. At autem dolor quo accusantium provident qui consequatur sit. Ab nemo animi blanditiis labore quisquam necessitatibus dignissimos. Repudiandae saepe in qui et similique praesentium et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”