• Sharebar

Check out this pretty nice deal on CT shirts:
http://www.ctshirts.com/mens-shirts?q=mario|||||||||||||||

Enjoy!

Comments (51)

• In reply to DaisukiDaYo
    CRE's picture

DaisukiDaYo wrote:

Quick question - how do the sizes run? So would a Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit run the same as a Brooks Brothers or a bit slimmer/fatter?

I can't compare it to Brooks well, but they run big. I am NOT a super slim hipster fit type guy but I've learned to buy Charles Tyrwhitt in super slim because even their slim cut balloons a bit on me. My brother is a stockier guy and even he buys the slim, not the original cut.

• In reply to CRE
    DaisukiDaYo's picture

CRE wrote:

DaisukiDaYo:

Quick question - how do the sizes run? So would a Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit run the same as a Brooks Brothers or a bit slimmer/fatter?

I can't compare it to Brooks well, but they run big. I am NOT a super slim hipster fit type guy but I've learned to buy Charles Tyrwhitt in super slim because even their slim cut balloons a bit on me. My brother is a stockier guy and even he buys the slim, not the original cut.

Thanks, I'm edging towards extra slim - Brooks brothers extra slim runs a bit too tight for me, and the slim fit runs a bit flabbier.

• In reply to DaisukiDaYo
    Bobb's picture

DaisukiDaYo wrote:

CRE:

DaisukiDaYo:

Thanks, I'm edging towards extra slim - Brooks brothers extra slim runs a bit too tight for me, and the slim fit runs a bit flabbier.

CT has a pretty easy return or exchange program as well

• In reply to CRE
    rogersterling59's picture

CRE wrote:

DaisukiDaYo:

So if I'm 6 ft and 220-230 (former college football player, hard to get the weight down), and Brooks slim is my go-to, slim CT would fit fine?

I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

• In reply to rogersterling59
    CRE's picture

rogersterling59 wrote:

CRE:

DaisukiDaYo:

So if I'm 6 ft and 220-230 (former college football player, hard to get the weight down), and Brooks slim is my go-to, slim CT would fit fine?

Ya you sound almost identical to my brother (minus the college FB, but he would have if he didn't get hurt)

• In reply to CRE
    D M's picture

CRE wrote:

rogersterling59:

CRE:

DaisukiDaYo:

Ya you sound almost identical to my brother (minus the college FB, but he would have if he didn't get hurt)

I'm 6'5, 190 (dropped from like 240), with fairly broad shoulders. Finding a decent-fitting shirt is damn near impossible.

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer
    "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

D M's picture

rogersterling59 wrote:

CRE:

DaisukiDaYo:

You may have heard this before, but chug a glass of water before you eat. Helps stop you from overeating.

• In reply to D M
    CRE's picture

D M wrote:

I'm 6'5, 190 (dropped from like 240), with fairly broad shoulders. Finding a decent-fitting shirt is damn near impossible.

I can't even imagine. I'm 6' 180 with a 42 chest, 32 waist, and big ass thighs from lifting. Finding a shirt that fits both chest & waist is awful and finding pants that fit both waist and thighs are awful.

• D M's picture

Haha luckily I don't have to worry about the muscle, I'm weak right now. But fuck me, I might have to go shopping at the big and tall store for the first time in my life. They've got weird sizes at least... it sucks being 6'5, you're not quite big & tall, but you're sure as shit not normal :-p

• In reply to CRE
    Bobb's picture

CRE wrote:

D M:

I can't even imagine. I'm 6' 180 with a 42 chest, 32 waist, and big ass thighs from lifting. Finding a shirt that fits both chest & waist is awful and finding pants that fit both waist and thighs are awful.

ahh yes, worst thing in the world. 5'9 - 175 43 chest, 32 waist and big thighs from lifting and years of hockey. Pleated pants fit the best, but well they are ugly and pleated. I try and buy 34-36inch waist on pants and have them taken in so they fit the thighs. Shirts are too tight in the chest and too baggy on the waist.

• In reply to Bobb
    DaisukiDaYo's picture

Bobb wrote:

CRE:

D M:

ahh yes, worst thing in the world. 5'9 - 175 43 chest, 32 waist and big thighs from lifting and years of hockey. Pleated pants fit the best, but well they are ugly and pleated. I try and buy 34-36inch waist on pants and have them taken in so the the thighs. Shirts are too tight in the chest and too baggy on the waist.

This. Chest is always too tight for dress shirts, and waist always baggy. Guess we all have to get tailored crap.

• In reply to CRE
    D M's picture

CRE wrote:

DaisukiDaYo:

Guess we all have to get tailored crap.

Yep. As cool as it sounds, it will not actually make me happy doing it for a couple years. F the added cost

I haven't been shopping lately, but I always check out places like Gilt, JackedThreads, Amazon, etc for really cheap shit and then get it tailored. Ends up being about the same cost

Also, made to measure

• In reply to D M

D M wrote:

rogersterling59:

CRE:

DaisukiDaYo:

You may have heard this before, but chug a glass of water before you eat. Helps stop you from overeating.

I've tried but I still just have an insane appetite. It's slowly tapering off though. Need to start getting in the gym again more than anything...

D M's picture

rogersterling59 wrote:

D M:

rogersterling59:

CRE:
    DaisukiDaYo:

I've tried but I still just have an insane appetite. It's slowly tapering off though. Need to start getting in the gym again more than anything...

Yea, I got ya, a couple other things that helped:
    -Drinking coffee seems to kick my need for food
    -I DON'T CONDONE ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, but if you can get prescribed like 2 adderall (I'd never say illegally buy them from someone, never), take them 2 days in a row. Gives your stomach time to shrink (most people don't have a big appetite on them).

• In reply to CRE
    Bobb's picture

CRE wrote:

Bobb:

CRE:

42 chest

43 chest.

Oh no you didn't!

hahah /flex

CRE wrote:

DaisukiDaYo:

Guess we all have to get tailored crap.

Yep. As cool as it sounds, it will not actually make me happy doing it for a couple years. F the added cost

MTM is decent. Though they have still fucked up the thighs on my pants. Overall such a pain in the ass

• CRE's picture

Staying in shape while working full time is difficult as all hell. I had a legitimate 6/8 pack in college. I...do not have that now. It's a full time job staying in that kind of shape

• In reply to CRE
    APAE's picture

CRE wrote:

D M:

Same, 6'1, 188, 42" chest, 31" waist, quads for days. Have to do MTM or bespoke for suiting, for shirts I've just learned to buy Brooks Bros. Slim Fit and have a tailor put darts in the back so it doesn't pillow around the waist.

Most people do things to add days to their life. I do things to add life to my days.

Browse my blog as a WSO contributing author

• In reply to D M

D M wrote:

rogersterling59:

D M:

rogersterling59:
    CRE:
    DaisukiDaYo:

Yea, I got ya, a couple other things that helped:
    -Drinking coffee seems to kick my need for food
    -I DON'T CONDONE ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, but if you can get prescribed like 2 adderall (I'd never say illegally buy them from someone, never), take them 2 days in a row. Gives your stomach time to shrink (most people don't have a big appetite on them).

Your second point is actually something I've never thought of before. I know a few part-time pharmacists that could give me a 2-3 day script, so no illegal activity there...

• In reply to APAE
    CRE's picture

APAE wrote:

CRE:

D M:

Same, 6'1, 188, 42" chest, 31" waist, quads for days. Have to do MTM or bespoke for suiting, for shirts I've just learned to buy Brooks Bros. Slim Fit and have a tailor put darts in the back so it doesn't pillow around the waist.

Lol these motherfuckers always one inch skinner or one inch more jacked.

I tell you what

• In reply to kidflash
    CRE's picture

kidflash wrote:

+1
    Checking in to join the retarded proportions club. 15.5 inch neck with a 40 inch chest and a 31 inch waist. The only thing I've found that even remotely fits me is H&M shirts but their collars suck and fabric starts feeling like shit within 3 washes.

You should definitely check out charles tyrwhitt super slims. For the money, they're the best you can buy IMO.

• In reply to CRE
    kidflash's picture

CRE wrote:

kidflash:

+1
    Checking in to join the retarded proportions club. 15.5 inch neck with a 40 inch chest and a 31 inch waist. The only thing I've found that even remotely fits me is H&M shirts but their collars suck and fabric starts feeling like shit within 3 washes.

You should definitely check out charles tyrwhitt super slims. For the money, they're the best you can buy IMO.

I actually looked into it, but my proportions fit more for a 14.5 neck vs a 15.5 neck (38 in chest relaxed but 40 flexed). Also short as hell (5"6) so I try to wear my clothes as slim as possible. Returned the shirt.

• Little Engine Would's picture

I keep seeing these pop up on this forum. I've never seen these mentioned on the fashion sites and forums that I frequent.

Looks like a good deal for this price. I'll try it out. Kind of obnoxious how the majority of them have French cuffs though. The only times when I can wear French cuffs is to weddings and such.

EDIT: I just saw that you can change your cuff type. Good deal...

Is the Extra Slim Fit the go-to for people with an athletic build who like slim-fitting clothing, or is it an only-for-Aushwitz deal as is sometimes the case?

EDIT 2.0: Anyone know how long the sale will last? Don't know whether to order one to try fit or order a few while it lasts.
    EDIT 3.0: Found the answer: June 9

• IlliniProgrammer's picture

Slim fit means "Fits like a Joseph Abboud or Calvin Klein. Standard fit but a little on the narrow side."

Extra slim/tailored for CT means a lot narrower than regular slim. I would recommend going into a store and trying one on first.

Pages