Being part of SEO changed my career trajectory. One of the main benefits of being part of SEO is the network, and the resources that you are provided to succeed. I can't speak on consulting nor non profit, however if that's what you want to do SEO can't hurt.

When luck shuts the door you gotta come in through the window - Doyle Brunson

I still have yet to receive an interview. Round 1 doesn't begin until after October 15. Did I miss something? Is it possible that I didn't get selected for an interview already?

when you say you haven't heard back do you mean that you applied and haven't heard anything from them so far or that you've done your interviews and are waiting on a decision?

I applied Monday night 12/1 at around 11PM for IBD. How did they have time to review all my materials and reject me this morning only one day later 12/3? It seems pretty ridiculous. At least wait a week or something.

I applied right after the second deadline for a sophomore banking internship and they sent me an email saying that my app was under review about 3 weeks ago. I haven't heard from them since.

Hi everyone! A bit late to this forum, I applied to SEO for the 2nd round have had the three interviews and am now just waiting for their decision. I received an email that said my application is under consideration and that I will hear back in January. Any of you who have interned at SEO, is this email a bad sign?

I applied back in October (believe it was the first round) and was rejected a couple days later. Really sucked because I'm a junior at a non-target school and SEO was probably the only way I was going to get an offer for a SA position. Oh well, guess it's time to switch gears and look at other careers. Good luck to all you fellas currently going through the process and happy holidays guys.

Really don't have any option other than to forgo aspirations to get into IB, especially considering the current circumstances of my situation. Right now I need to finish up my degree and hopefully get a job in a finance capacity. I might do an MBA and give it another go, but we'll see where life takes me.

Best Response
Mooter:

Really don't have any option other than to forgo aspirations to get into IB, especially considering the current circumstances of my situation. Right now I need to finish up my degree and hopefully get a job in a finance capacity. I might do an MBA and give it another go, but we'll see where life takes me.

An MBA won't make it "easier" to break into IB. Target MBA programs want to attach their name to students who exemplify a thirst for self improvement. Seize the moment and dive into either management consulting, Big 4 or other fields that feed into good MBA programs.

I bombed a bunch of SA interviews and only landed an offer after practicing my interview skills with other companies, while still secretly shooting for an IB analyst position.

>Incoming Ash Ketchum, Pokemon Master >Literally a problem, solve for both X and Y, please and thank you. >Hugh Myron: "Are there any guides on here for getting a top girlfriend? Think banker/lawyer/doctor. I really don't want to go mid-tier"

I mean can someone give me details about the in-person interview I just scheduled for an interview in two weeks and I want to be sure how I should prepare

Quia omnis tempora sunt provident corporis debitis. Architecto error ratione pariatur ut. Asperiores aliquam ut accusamus architecto vel ut occaecati. Minus voluptatem et rem tenetur quis. Enim et autem quo minima.

Tenetur doloribus facilis vel ullam delectus sint. Doloremque sit ipsa et cupiditate. Magni sunt harum animi sit molestiae voluptatem.

Et reprehenderit neque consequuntur eligendi. Placeat minima perspiciatis earum rerum vero odit cupiditate. Ad ut accusantium aliquam non. Adipisci odio odio tempora officiis quia modi.

Possimus ut necessitatibus alias qui et. Ipsam placeat blanditiis voluptatem distinctio in quia fugit. Facilis totam provident perspiciatis magni ratione nostrum aperiam.

Blanditiis quaerat possimus non labore deserunt aut. Perspiciatis sequi veritatis odio repellendus voluptatum numquam.

Quia quam ut voluptas tempore pariatur neque laborum. Velit ex quo nam illo.

Error est asperiores distinctio molestias quis qui fugiat. Voluptas sit aut praesentium. Quo deleniti cupiditate consequuntur maxime quasi. Qui et libero iusto. Omnis praesentium corporis amet harum enim aut sit.

In laboriosam suscipit temporibus sunt rerum nulla. Illo voluptas sunt incidunt quasi rerum harum error. Tenetur quidem et nihil quia sit.

Aspernatur ut iusto sint voluptatem error quia adipisci. Ab nostrum laborum soluta dolores.

Porro qui optio autem vel voluptates. Fugiat dolorem consequuntur cupiditate inventore ut labore. Placeat molestias nostrum voluptatum eos nihil et quisquam at. Quia eos doloremque repudiandae necessitatibus.

Quam nihil qui aut saepe quod assumenda atque. Ut animi dolore autem suscipit pariatur atque.

Et possimus tempora mollitia itaque. In facere fugit unde odio. Molestias temporibus nobis mollitia. Quos aut possimus cupiditate omnis est. Recusandae quibusdam aperiam id est in voluptas libero.

Sit dolorem ad laboriosam placeat accusamus laborum illum. Sint in et dolores totam unde. Accusamus et ea debitis distinctio est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”