Where did you go for Spring Break when you were in college?

Although I already have plans for Spring Break, I thought with it coming up, now might be a good time to ask you monkeys where you went storage when you were in college. Looking to start discussion on pricing, location, thoughts on food and nightlife, climate etc. in places where you all have been so myself and other aspiring monkeys can get some ideas of where we might want to go in the future.

Heading to Thailand and Australia for a couple weeks in mid February.

If you’re still in college, cheap cruises out of Florida for 5-7nights are insanely fun. Did one a few years ago out of fort liquordale, great.

Pmc2ghy:
Vegas, Cancun, PCB, New Orleans + cruise, Miami

2 days in each city??

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

I went to PCB back in 2014 and it was pretty incredible. I heard since then, however, it has really died after they banned drinking on the beach and forced the clubs/bars to close much earlier. Has anyone been recently and seen otherwise?

IBERST:
Grand Cayman my dude, best diving in the world

Yeah Grand Cayman is sweet. I've been diving there.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Vegas, San Fran and then Whistler for me.

And Punta Cana is alot of fun but Cancun might be wilder. Haven't been to Puerta but you should try Cabo, always the best of Mexico.

‎"Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns or dollars."

Independent Gestion:
Vegas, San Fran and then Whistler for me.

And Punta Cana is alot of fun but Cancun might be wilder. Haven't been to Puerta but you should try Cabo, always the best of Mexico.

how do you have time to go to all those places? that's nuts. i have 9 days off... 9 DAYS!!! i miss high school; spring break was all of march

Haven't been to Puna Cana, but have been to Cabo, Cancun, and Puerta Vallarta. IMO, Cabo>Cancun>PV.

As for myself, I'ma be busy in SF looking for housing, shopping for suits, etc. for my SA stint.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

I cannot recommend Jamaica or the Islands enough. If you can get a group of buddies together and hit up a house in the Islands, it'll be the experience of a lifetime.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

happypantsmcgee:
I cannot recommend Jamaica or the Islands enough. If you can get a group of buddies together and hit up a house in the Islands, it'll be the experience of a lifetime.

haps is likely referring to the Virgin Islands. After the exploits of his first visit, he can no longer in good conscience call them the Virgin Islands, and now just calls them the Islands.

TheMoreYouKnow

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

Nouveau Richie:
happypantsmcgee:

haps is likely referring to the Virgin Islands. After the exploits of his first visit, he can no longer in good conscience call them the Virgin Islands, and now just calls them the Islands.

TheMoreYouKnow

Haha, that's the last time I tell you something

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Shmoozer:
yachting in the caribbean

Yacht week 2011?

‎"Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns or dollars."

Panama City Beach - $250 for the entire week (mansion to split between 30 people, booze, cover at clubs, etc.).

I go to Madri Gras every year and love it. This year there will literally be less than seven days between the two, so I am really looking forward to it.

Are you in college? Regardless, I'd recommend it, but there are some variables that can make a difference.

Make sure you pick the right cruise and boat. Last thing you want is to get stuck with a bunch of old folks (unless you're looking for a really, really chill experience...). I think some lines are better for a that chill experience, and some lines are better for younger people "wildin' out." I had a great "party atmosphere" experience on Norwegian Cruse Lines. Did a 6 day cruise from NOLA with 2 stops in Mexico, 1 in Belize and 1 in Guatemala. Went with a huge group (20 person pledge class) senior year of college. It's probably our single top memory as a group of friends, besides being a pledge class in general. But you can have fun with a smaller group of friends, too.

4 of the six days, the boat made stops, and they were a freaking blast. They were probably the highlights of the trip, along with a couple of the wilder late night parties on the boat where there were late night eateries, a club or two, and several bars, pool, hot tubs, all that good stuff. Some of the stops have optional plans you have to seek out. We found out at one Mexican stop, we could pay $30 for an all-day, all-you-can drink bar on the beach at a cool place with an authentic Mexican vibe. At other places, we just bar hopped during the day at awesome local establishments, really fun unique bars. Some of my group even went rock climbing at one stop.

They probably won't let you bring alcohol aboard, and drinks can be really expensive on board. I think it was like $30 for a six pack of beer...big problem if you're looking to get wild and drink all the time. Luckily we were able to smuggle smaller-sized liquor bottles back on board after we bought them for dirt-cheap at liquor stores during the daytime stops. I just put flat-shaped bottles in the small of my back, ha. If they caught you sneaking liquor on board, they confiscated it and put it in a room for you to get back at the end of the trip, but none of us got caught.

We found an awesome group of girls on board from another college to hang and party with much of the week. We may have just gotten lucky, but that really helped make the trip really fun and not a sausage fest. In fact, one pledge brother met his current wife on that cruise.

So, yeah...I'd recommend it. But do it right...just getting hammered on board is awesome, but could get old if that's all you do for 5 days straight.

I definitely would consider steering clear of Guatemala. If you're looking for the whole adventure / backpacking there is nowhere that compares to Europe.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

jimbrowngoU:
Lose-lose here. If you were trying to be funny, you failed. If you were being serious, that's just embarrassing. End result: huge tool.

Actually it is a lose-lose-lose here. I would add a third option that the OP is bragging that he is going to Jamaica for spring break, and wants everyone here to know how "lucky" he is to be able to smoke weed all week long.

End result: huge tool.

tNt,

It is no doubt that you are, unequivocally, an extremely cool dude. Your amazing nickname - "tNt" - just screams superiority. And clearly calling people out for posting on a Friday night - while you're doing the same thing - makes you the kid everyone wants to be around.

On to your comments. I agree that Jamaica is a pretty sweet place. Definitely a good time. The problem here is not that he's going to Jamaica; he wants to go to Jamaica and pass out his resume. Do you not see something a bit "square" about that? Let me ask you a question: suppose, for a second, that you are a recruiter on vacation in Jamaica (lets go on the assumption that the recruiter is on vaca - I think that's acceptable, doubt they're doing [legal] business there). Do you want to have some chump who couldn't land a gig in regular recruiting to hand you his resume when you're either drunk, hungover, or headed to the pool/bar for the day? Maybe it'd be nice for a good laugh, but there's no question that you'll toss the resume into the first trash can you see and say, "Damn, what a tool." But hey, that makes me square. I can live with that.

And not that I feel the need to defend myself, but I'm posting here right now because I am a D1 athlete and have games tomorrow. Not out, not doing much of anything but relaxing, so why not?

Sorry tNt but I did not find anything humorous in this topic, and other people didn't either. Seems like this guy is simply trolling around.

...and I think you got things backwards. You are the complete fucking square since you were forum hopping at 11 p.m. on Friday night. I only posted on Friday evening, because unlike most people on this forum I actually have a job and simply took a break from work.

Consider taking a cruise with a few friends. It's a good way to see multiple places without paying loads of airfare (depending on where it stops), there are plenty of activities for you and your buddies to do, and if you're at least a little outgoing, you can meet new people. There are still a number of options available out there. Obviously, you can do it high end or low end depending on your budget.

http://www.carnival.com/

Banker88:
Thanks for the suggestion CompBanker, but I want to experience the classic spring break that you see on MTV and such while I still have the opportunity. Plus I'd rather be on the beach than on a boat.

Believe it or not, the cruises can be a lot like a beach party if you are on the right boat. They have bars and clubs and pools and all that crap right on the boat. And the boats are often big enough that there are LOTS of people on board, you're not stuck with the same 5 chicks.

Get a villa in Acapulco. Not that expensive at all if you get enough people to do it. You get butlers, chefs, bartenders, drug runners, everything you need. I did it with 8 friends and I could never do spring break any other way

Seems like Cancun, Acapulco, Panama City are the most expensive. Does anyone know anything about the other locations such as Puerto Vallarta, Nassau, Negril, Mazatlan, Punta Cana, Daytona Beach, South Padre Island?

Also not to be a dick, but I can do a simple Google search. I'm asking if anyone has experience or specific advice. Thanks.

^^^ In the grand scheme of things, a.k.a. compared to your expenses starting next year, spring break cost differences shouldn't matter much if at all. Been to several of the places that you mentioned, and 1) panama is NOT more expensive relative to any of the others you have mentioned... 2) stay in America if you're just going to an American place in Mexico (acapulco, cancun) instead. Much easier logistically not to mention safer and cheaper.

- Child Please.

I'm going with my roomates March 18-21 and staying in a villa. The total price for flight and hotel was $725! The villa is the way to go and they have smaller, stand alone they are called.

Dunderwriter13:
I'm going with my roomates March 18-21 and staying in a villa. The total price for flight and hotel was $725! The villa is the way to go and they have smaller, stand alone they are called.

$725 for 3 days - that's a pretty shitty deal bro. Is it at least all inclusive?

I think I'm going with Panama City Beach in the end. Thanks for all the suggestions bros.

i highly suggest that you stay in hostels. the accomodations arent that comfortable and you might have to take cold showers, but you pay literally $10-$12 US a night for a bed and meet a lot of other tourists from europe and other parts of south america. i just got back from cancun/riviera maya region, where i spent three weeks backpacking with me friends. if you want to save a lot of money, stay away from the resorts and cruises. over the course of three weeks, i spent about $900 US, not including airfare which was about $500

Dude Panama city is miserable compared to the alternatives...its all white trash and ghetto frat parties. Acapulco is by far the best place to go for an authentic spring break experience (Cancun was also ridiculous - stay at the Oasis). My 7 day Acapulco trip was around $1K, including flight, hotel and all inclusive food/drink specials with Student City. One of the best weeks of my life. I wouldnt reco staying in a villa in a place like Acapulco unless you are going with a group of guys and girls. Otherwise, you are stuck sitting around the pool with 7 dudes all week. All the hotels have all day parties, wet t-shirt contests, drinking contects, etc.

God im jealous

Villa is definitely the way to go. You can avoid a lot more of the Guido bullshit which I find almost intolerable.

We would often go to the clubs for a few hours, wrap up a group of girls, then party in the villa for the rest of the night. Plus didn't have to spend as much or wait for liquor.

Oh, and all day buffets

I think Junkbond is right, Acapulco is prob a better crowd (I was only in Panama City), its more pricey and probably has better looking females. Panama City is more your down and dirty spring break with alot of southern school people (I was from a northern school). Also the weather in the Florida panhandle is by no means guaranteed to be good which sucks.

drexelalum11:
Maybe if every drink in Cancun cost $50, that would be a reasonable comparison.

haha +1000

As for Ibiza, its still too early in the year for the good parties.

Point is, you wont find a true spring break experience anywhere in Eu.

But why would you want to? Youre with youre own girl, do romantic sht** in Rome or Capri since youre in Italy.

Or you could always reroute the trip to south beach! LIV, Set, Mynt and the list goes on and on.

"What do you mean, you're gonna pass. Alan, the only people making money passing are NFL quarterbacks and I don't see a number on your back. "

Easyjet unfortunately does not fly over to ibiza as of now. Any other thoughts between Rome, Paris or Amsterdamn for the best party/clubbing scene (not necessarily spring break scene) combined with the cultural experience? I'm thinking Paris as the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Arc/Champs Elysse would make for a good 2-3 days.

Bulge_bracket_brother:
London. So underrated when it comes to the sprink break experience.

I'll be in London over spring break, as well as Madrid and Milan. Any suggestions for good places to be there?

"Despite a voluminous and often fervent literature on 'income distribution', the cold fact is that most income is not distributed: it is earned." -Thomas Sowell

Amsterdam is pretty weak when it comes to nightlife other than red light district which probably wouldn't make much sense with your girlfriend there. I would say Berlin or maybe Milan. where in Italy are you flying into? Berlin has a great club scene. Madrid is pretty cool too

Ad dolores ut et magni enim. Doloribus quisquam recusandae occaecati consequatur consequatur. Odio id accusantium deleniti.

Excepturi et consequatur nesciunt. Magnam ut qui perferendis et autem quia. Sed nihil reprehenderit sapiente officiis nulla ipsa.

Placeat recusandae perspiciatis vel at id. At aspernatur minus omnis consequatur voluptatem. Aspernatur enim occaecati earum. Non id necessitatibus odit consequatur.

Et ex voluptatum nisi quis dolorem dolor. Sit non dignissimos eos ut unde fuga. Et explicabo praesentium ut in quia. Maxime deserunt veniam optio. Aut mollitia doloribus ea placeat libero inventore. Beatae commodi voluptas eaque animi dolores animi sequi incidunt. Et rem et neque odio.

Architecto explicabo odit corrupti quis. Ipsum soluta autem blanditiis voluptas architecto voluptatibus quod. Perspiciatis deleniti quia non natus sunt nihil non. Ad quia quidem ea debitis nemo consequatur. Cum numquam et aspernatur et qui. Itaque voluptatem ut voluptas voluptatem asperiores dolorem.

Eos ut eum non nihil perspiciatis. Enim voluptatibus reprehenderit deserunt explicabo. Dolorum quo beatae dolorem doloremque. Et sit dolores voluptates libero sint voluptatem.

Totam itaque quasi quo et et. Quasi modi earum deleniti qui voluptatem error et. Incidunt aut corporis corporis ducimus odio et.

Et ut id consectetur repellendus quia rerum. Officia voluptatem ab autem. Temporibus rerum unde ad ut maxime dolor magnam. Quam facere nemo accusantium similique dolores. Vel commodi eligendi occaecati error et.

Vero aut enim porro. Odio rem amet odit labore recusandae amet sapiente. Quod debitis perspiciatis vero eum.

Modi ipsa dolorem numquam ipsa. Est eum accusantium in.

Dolores aut necessitatibus qui nemo. Nobis ex tempora nulla molestiae possimus omnis occaecati qui.

Aliquam aut cupiditate aut. Magni labore adipisci quae aut assumenda rem.

Voluptatem quos ea omnis nihil qui dolores et sed. Corporis qui laudantium iste aut nesciunt. Soluta omnis repellendus accusantium quos eos porro molestiae et. Corporis labore aliquid ab. Deserunt delectus et molestias in.

Quidem est rerum cupiditate accusamus velit. Fugiat cum nam deleniti aut qui. Repudiandae aut quaerat cum aliquam facere. Provident fuga eius iure qui omnis recusandae. Ut qui deserunt earum voluptatibus enim dolorem enim.

Qui quis rerum nam. Et autem fuga voluptas dicta. Odit hic illo tempora doloribus dicta blanditiis. Ea quo culpa neque molestiae. Fugiat nesciunt illum corporis quisquam assumenda repellendus.

Ut blanditiis expedita nihil reiciendis dolor. Perferendis iste atque et officiis. Culpa est quia aut ut qui velit. Quis ad omnis expedita cupiditate ipsam odit. Cumque exercitationem eius optio dolorum. Qui aut tempora ex voluptas quis ullam enim.

Id minus suscipit dolores. Quia rerum omnis quia sed consequatur eum. Qui repudiandae voluptas animi rem fugiat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”