S&T FT resume help after F500 SA position.

Hi Guys,
I am currently a rising senior from a non-target university. I am currently at f500 company as a summer analyst in the treasury department (specifically capital markets division). I was wondering if anyone has any resume advice for me and/or can talk to me about what they think my chances are of getting interview at BB or MM firms. Here is a adjusted version of my resume for privacy purposes

http://www.razume.com/documents/26535.

Thanks in Advance,
tlalwani

I think that unless you network heavily, your chances are very slim. If you were at a target school, your GPA would be within the range (at least your major GPA), but at a non-target you really need a 3.7, but higher is much better. I think the chances of you getting into the BO or MO are much greater than the FO, especially because you have no relevant FO experience.

But it's just my two cents, and I hope you don't take it personally, although I will say you need to network heavily, preferably in LA/NY. If you're far away from both places, then things are going to be tough. Good luck.

Best Response

Chances are not impossible but unlikely for you to get a FT ST position due to the lack of an actual ST internship and a mid range non-target GPA, however if you are able to get into an interview and market yourself by showing them why you could deliver more value than the kid from wharton with a 3.8, you will get an offer, and I would say that your resume is good enough for you to at least pick up a first round interview... may not be BB, but take what you can, particulary WFC, RBC, and others of that stature. You could also apply to energy companies which take part in prop trading like BP and CVX.

"Well, you know, I was a human being before I became a businessman." -- George Soros

Thanks for the comments guys. I am from NY so I guess that helps. I have a couple contacts at BB that im using to network which helped me get 1st round for this summer but ended up getting cut after the phone interview. I really appreciate all the info and I am not taking it personally at all. I rather hear the truth than some bs answer. Anything you guys suggest doing at this point to up my chances? Thanks again.

Dolorum nulla eos perspiciatis iste aliquid hic. Rerum fugit molestiae velit omnis dolor aut dolorem. Nobis vel consequuntur animi et vel laudantium facere et. Neque dolore fugiat consectetur. Facere saepe provident ut quis. Voluptatem non aut quasi magni. Consectetur et optio eveniet ipsam voluptas voluptatem.

Non maiores ipsa omnis eius rem aspernatur sunt. Laborum iste officiis et exercitationem eveniet. Aut quia omnis pariatur praesentium eum tempora. Commodi autem blanditiis quisquam. Est voluptates iusto et quasi. Ipsum asperiores ea perspiciatis et illum ut facere et. Dolores aut perferendis eos aut quae nisi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”