1/15/17

Good luck to all you monkeys - may the best chimp win

Who has received interview requests so far?

Comments (42)

1/10/17

You already got interview requests or know from an insider's perspective?

Private Equity Interview Course

1/10/17

Received two official interview requests so far

1/10/17

Confirmed, and now GBS email is out--pretty much all MFs and a good amount of MMs have at least 1st wave invites out

1/10/17

Wait - there are multiple waves of invites? Thought they would do it all at once. Perhaps geographical differences?

Best Response
1/11/17

Interviews happen over the course of a couple days and the headhunters invite people in on a continuing basis - e.g. TPG will invite a number of analyst to first rounds (which occur over a couple of days) and headhunters will fill in the gaps in the schedule with additional candidates essentially real-time

1/10/17

anyone mind sharing the GBS email?

1/11/17

What's the deal with the HH emails when they reach out and ask if you're interested in a place and then you say yeah and then you don't hear from them again

Also how boned am I if I didn't get any invites today? Was targeting upper MM and my boutique does well historically for upper MM and MF but I got nothing.

1/11/17

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone.

Kick ass,
Patrick

1/11/17

Dachshund racing is the best

1/11/17

For UG or for analysts?

1/13/17

Sharpens his dagger

Wait, what? Summer's coming?

1/13/17

Are we talking about Summer Internships here or Full Time jobs ? As an undergraduate, I plan on doing a summer internship in 2018 so I'm interested in hearing the answer !

Thks

1/13/17

2018 Associate Programs

Private Equity Interview Course

1/13/17

Is this for undergraduate summer internships?

1/13/17

No.

1/13/17

This year'so cycle is hands down the craziest yet. All MFs and upper MMs are done or in final rounds. Know of several MFs that were done in a day.

1/14/17

I know of at least one MF that doesn't begin interviews until this upcoming Weds/Thurs. Decisions won't be made until next weekend/early the following week. Definitely not the case that all MFs are done.

1/13/17

Does anyone have a list of firms, both MF and MM, that are done with their processes?

1/13/17

Does anyone have interviews set up over the weekend? Trying to get a sense of whether firms who haven't gone yet are all going to wait until next week or start over the weekend

1/13/17

While many of MFs and upper MM are done, "all" are definitely not.

1/14/17

Okay - as a MM 2nd year analyst....WTF. Not a single person in my office got more than 1 interview, and now (as far as I can tell) at least 50% of "familiar" shops have extended offers or are in final stages....I don't even know what is going on with 2017 summer. Last year 2017/2018 went all the way into July for many folks in my office, this year I don't even know.

Christ, I really don't want to become an IB associate.

1/14/17

Haha your last line is hilarious.

1/14/17

lol - dude, I see what those guys go through. PURE DEPRESSION

Still bending over backwards for the client, still pulling 1-2am, PLUS you have to make sure your new analyst that churns out every 2 years isn't making silly mistakes...and right when they start to get the hang of things...they are...gone!

Unless I went to a culture shop, no thank you. haha

1/14/17

At a top MM and in the same boat as a second year. Have you seen a list of funds who have gone?

My senior team is backing me and open to making calls but at this point I don't even know what is out there anymore. Trying to avoid having them call a firm that has already locked in 2018 candidates.

1/14/17

I'm not at a top MM - think RJ/PJC/Stifel (i.e. still respectable, but I know I'm not repping the ivy league of banks) - but my bankers are open as well. Frankly, I'm under the impression that recruiters are simply going to get BB and EB kids into interviews first, and by the nature of MM, we will follow throughout the next few months (at least that is me rationalizing) - this assumes you don't have any inside connections or Sr. bankers haven't called for you yet.

I have a few buddies at WB, who within my space, is kind of known as the premier software MM folks, and even they said their office didn't get the huge inflow of interviews that apparently have happened. So to answer your question, no; I don't necessarily know who's finalized and who hasn't.

Welcome to the stress train though! Reassuring to hear similar situations at least.

1/14/17

Yeah exactly - looks like the the EB/BB kids are getting first pick which is to be expected I guess. I'm at a similar M&A shop to your friend that is top of the MM in our sector. I think the move is to get the senior guys calling asap to hopefully get in the room at a couple places before the Upper MM wave is over.

Best of luck to you.

1/15/17

I'd agree - good luck to you as well boss!

1/14/17

Posted this somewhere else, but this is the last Gobuyside email that I saw from Wed. morning, so I presume these guys will have wrapped up now (leaving many MM's still in the game)

Interviews Confirmed Today Or This Week
ABRY Partners
Advent International
Anchorage Capital
Apax Partners
Apollo
Ares Management
Bain Capital
BC Partners
Berkshire Partners
Blackstone
Capital G
Carlyle Group
Centerbridge Partners
Clayton Dubilier & Rice
Coatue Management
Francisco Partners
General Atlantic
Golden Gate Capital
Kelso
KKR
KPS Capital Partners
Lindsay Goldberg
Maverick Capital
New Mountain Capital
Oak Hill Capital
Oaktree Capital Management
Onex Partners
Pegasus Capital
Providence Equity Partners
Riverside Partners
Searchlight Capital
Silver Lake Partners
Silver Point Capital
Soros Private Equity
Sycamore Partners
TA Associates
Thoma Bravo
TPG Capital
TPG Growth
Viking Global
Warburg Pincus

1/14/17

Holy ****! Hope it's not as much a blood bath in London.

1/14/17

So my dad was right, I am gonna be a ditch digger

1/15/17
consultingthrowaway_101:

Posted this somewhere else, but this is the last Gobuyside email that I saw from Wed. morning, so I presume these guys will have wrapped up now (leaving many MM's still in the game)

Interviews Confirmed Today Or This WeekABRY PartnersAdvent InternationalAnchorage CapitalApax PartnersApolloAres ManagementBain CapitalBC PartnersBerkshire PartnersBlackstoneCapital GCarlyle GroupCenterbridge PartnersClayton Dubilier & RiceCoatue ManagementFrancisco PartnersGeneral AtlanticGolden Gate CapitalKelsoKKRKPS Capital PartnersLindsay GoldbergMaverick CapitalNew Mountain CapitalOak Hill CapitalOaktree Capital ManagementOnex PartnersPegasus CapitalProvidence Equity PartnersRiverside PartnersSearchlight CapitalSilver Lake PartnersSilver Point CapitalSoros Private EquitySycamore PartnersTA AssociatesThoma BravoTPG CapitalTPG GrowthViking GlobalWarburg Pincus

weird - i'm signed up with them but I don't get their email distribution list anymore on which firms have begun/ended, etc... what is going on here

1/17/17

Hmm, that's weird - I'm sure somebody will post the next email whenever it comes along. Have you heard which of the remaining upper MM/MFs have started interviews?

1/15/17

Already wrapped up.

Good luck to everyone still going.

1/16/17

What are everyone's offers looking like? Mine is upper MM w/ 125 + 125 target

1/16/17

Congrats!

1/16/17

Large cap (think 8-10bn latest fund raise) 120+160 target

1/16/17

This is pretty standard for the size I think, a colleague of mine reported 100 + 175 for a similar fund

1/16/17
ilovemoney:

Large cap (think 8-10bn latest fund raise) 120+160 target

Interesting. I heard that the large cap guys had moved to a ~275k target. Gotta love those dollars

1/16/17

If they pay the HH based on what your salary is, why not just give <100K salary and a giant bonus instead? fuck Head hunters.

1/18/17
1/19/17
1/18/17
Add a Comment
WallStreet Prep Master Financial Modeling