Summer Analyst Position 2011

Hello everyone,

I am interested in a summer analyst position this summer. I would prefer investment banking, but I am open to other positions as well, such as sales and trading or equity research. I was wondering if you guys may critique my resume and tell me if there is anything I should change and how can I improve it. I am from a non target university, but a slightly more known one, usually ranked around the high 40's to low 50's.

What do you think my overall chances are at getting one of these positions, not necessarily in a bulge bracket, just anywhere in the industry?

Thank you for any help, I appreciate it.

http://www.razume.com/documents/17582

You need to be more specific and quantify. For example, you state that you "assisted investment advisors in developing asset growth strategies for clients by research various financial instruments across various market". What kind of instruments ( bonds, options, stocks, CDS,etc). In terms of numbers, how large where this client accounts in terms of assets?

Best Response

-Either round your GPA up to a 3.6 or add an additional zero at the end of 4.0, your current GPA setup makes it seem like you never learned sig-figs. (I would count it against you, it shows a lack of attention to detail.)

-I can't stand when people break off their coursework into little bullet points, just list them horizontally and separate with commas or semi-colons.

-Break your major and minor into separate lines.

-Independently of the content within them, all your bullet points in the Experience and Activities sections look awful. You need to fix it so that second and third lines of a bullet point don't extend past the physical bullet above them. If you can't figure it out, you could always press enter then tab.

-Why did you keep the language anonymous? Unless it's something like Rama, it's a factor that will give you away on a message board like this.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

Thanks for the comment. I should have mentioned that the bullet points just became formatted like this when I uploaded my resume. They are actually properly formatted. I am actually interested in any content advice anyone may give me, as well as my chances for finding some kinda of a position. Thank you.

GFIN:
Thanks for the comment. I should have mentioned that the bullet points just became formatted like this when I uploaded my resume. They are actually properly formatted. I am actually interested in any content advice anyone may give me, as well as my chances for finding some kinda of a position. Thank you.

Regarding your chances, how "non-target" is your non-target? CalTech and Carnegie-Mellon are both non-targets, yet so is DeVry. If you could give a hint as to where your school stands, that would certainly help.

Also, to fix the formatting problem on razume, simply convert to a pdf BEFORE uploading to the site.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

Quaerat et dignissimos rerum sed unde doloribus harum. Eum dolor sapiente ut similique. Laboriosam exercitationem itaque labore. Rem ut molestias in esse molestias. Velit eos quis et sint aspernatur.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”