I graduated last May, which means I've been in my current job for about 5 months. Suffice to say I hate it. I'm at a boutique consulting firm in a pretty small town (not super small but definitely no NYC or Chicago or even Boston/Houston). Dealflow ("engagement flow"?) isn't bad. But...
--consulting wasn't my top choice (ultimately not what i'm really interested in)
--I dislike the work environment (not much interaction with colleagues, career advancement prospects are low, etcc.)
--I would like to move out of this town asap
I have always been trying for investment banking (summered at a boutique) but didn't get an FT offer so I accepted my second choice (consulting) thinking that I would like it, I tried it for nearly half a year, and I really want to go back to ibanking.
So my questions are....
--Would it look bad to quit after only 6 months?
--I know I would be joining IB as an analyst, which firms are okay with this move? I know some firms only hire at specific points (graduating senior undergrad, graduating MBA, or after 2/3 years in IB as a pre-MBA)
--On my resume it looks like I am flipflopping a lot, going from IB to consulting and back, how do I convince the banks that I really do want to be in IB?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Best websites for entry level Finance jobs full time/ internships
- Full Time Entry Level Application Timeline
- Have Referrals, should I include low GPA on resume? Entry-Level Consulting
- Office Transfer before start date- Deloitte Entry Level
- Any primate aware of Analyst/Entry-level hiring?
- Quitting time
- I need to find a decent entry-level job
- How to get an Entry Level job as Analyst or CRM..Need Help!