I have the choice between two opportunities, and I was just wondering what you would choose if you were in my position.
I recently started working for the corporate finance team of a big 4 in a mid size European city (think Amsterdam, Brussels, Luxembourg, Copenhagen). But I've just received an offer to work in syndicated loans origination (capital markets) for a top two Frenchin a major European city (think Paris, Frankfurt, but not London).
The way I see it is that the two roles are obviously different, with the one in banking being far less analytical but far more sales-orientated. Pay is higher for the banking role. I also think that the banking role would be better on my CV (because of the location and the name of the bank...). So I am clearly leaning towards the opportunity in banking, but I would really like to have your opinion. What would you take if you were in my shoes? Feedback from people who have worked in Syndicated loans would be great! (especially some info regarding the pay, the hours, work etc).
Thanks for your input guys!
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- BNP Loan Syndication (within Structured Finance)
- PNC Loan Syndications vs. KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Leveraged Loans- dead end?
- Corporate Banking V. Capital Markets V. Syndicate
- Associate- Debt Capital Markets (Loan Syndications)- New York City
- Loan Syndications Group Info
- Syndicated Loan
- BNP Paribas Syndicated Loans