Mod note: Click here to see all of our q&a's and interviews
Given the multiple requests I got in another thread I've decided to follow in 10xleverage's footsteps.
To give you some background, I graduated from Harvard undergrad in 2008. After graduation I moved to the bay area to join the 2 year finance leadership analyst program at a F500 tech company. The program place analysts in 6 month assignments in various finance and strategy groups across the company. You can be assigned to typical FP&A (financial planning & analysis) groups, corporate development (M&A), corporate or divisional strategy groups, corporate treasury (work on thefloor helping to manage a particular asset portfolio), internal audit, market & competitive intelligence teams, etc. After finishing the program I joined the corporate development team in what is considered a 1st year associate role.
Feel free to ask all you ever wanted about corporate finance, corporate strategy, corporate developement, or anything else.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- The Other Road: Energy Trader Fielding Questions
- Fork In the Road: Finance or Startup
- Corporate Finance to Corporate Development/Strategy Role Long Term
- harvardgrad08's The Other Road: Q&A Word Doc
- OPENING: Disney Corporate Strategy UNDERGRAD Intern
- Is finance the right field for me?
- PepsiCo Corporate Strategy and Bus. Development
- The other road: Time/Location Freedom