Top 50 Investment Banking Companies - Vault 2014

Vault published their annual Vault Banking 50 rankings today, interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.

"The Vault Banking 50 is compiled using a weighted formula that reflects the issues banking professionals care most about, combining quality of life rankings (such as culture, satisfaction, work/life balance, training, and compensation) with overall prestige. Data is collected from professionals currently working in the industry."

1. The Blackstone Group
2. Goldman Sachs & Co.
3. J.P. Morgan
4. Houlihan Lokey
5. Evercore Partners
6. Morgan Stanley
7. Centerview Partners
8. Greenhill
9. Perella Weinberg Partners
10. Credit Suisse
11. Peter J. Solomon
12. William Blair
13. Robert W. Baird
14. Lazard
15. RBC Capital Markets
16. Citi
17. RBS
18. Cowen Group
19. SunTrust Robinson Humphrey
20. Barclays
21. Deutsche Bank
22. Bank of America
23. Moelis
24. Jefferies
25. Rothschild

See the full list here:

h ttp://w ww.vault. com/company-rankings/banking/vault-banking-50

Blackstone tops Goldman. Looks like Prestigious Pete was right.

"Yes. Money has been a little bit tight lately, but at the end of my life, when I'm sitting on my yacht, am I gonna be thinking about how much money I have? No. I'm gonna be thinking about how many friends I have and my children and my comedy albums."

Best Response
heloo17:

Look at league tables, not Vault lists. You want to go where you're going to work on the most deals, that is the absolute only thing to worry about, plain and simple.

Haha you obviously aren't in banking. You want to work where you can get the best exit while working the FEWEST deals. Working on live deals sucks balls.

Deals = weekends/all nighters formatting files for the data room, making powerpoints, writing tedious CIMs. My second year in banking I was PRAYING that I wouldn't get any deals.

abcdefghij:
heloo17:

Look at league tables, not Vault lists. You want to go where you're going to work on the most deals, that is the absolute only thing to worry about, plain and simple.

Haha you obviously aren't in banking. You want to work where you can get the best exit while working the FEWEST deals. Working on live deals sucks balls.

Deals = weekends/all nighters formatting files for the data room, making powerpoints, writing tedious CIMs. My second year in banking I was PRAYING that I wouldn't get any deals.

This.

People need to stop freaking out.

Yes, the Vault rankings don't align exactly with our pre-conceived notions of where firms fall. Why? Because we value different things than the Vault does!! We care about exit opps and prestige, the vault cares about the metrics it details in its methodology. If you want to understand the rankings, look at the methodology -- the rankings are completely legitimate along those metrics.

Nevertheless, i'd say about 50% of the ranking is accurate ( in that it aligns with our circle jerk, prestige whore notions) with BX, GS, etc at top.

Aut voluptas non porro omnis minima eaque. Optio non impedit ea velit reiciendis. Quo quis doloremque ad. Ex suscipit animi qui nostrum sunt. Voluptas voluptates nam praesentium. Et perferendis quod commodi quo excepturi.

Sit et enim id dolorem. Ratione sunt ea eveniet cumque repudiandae iste voluptatem. Et laboriosam repellat numquam quam. Hic et alias veniam delectus eligendi sed dolore. Deserunt asperiores et ullam totam aspernatur. Inventore ut aut quod tempore corporis autem saepe nesciunt.

Dolorem nemo dolores corporis fugit. Rerum earum eos illum est. Accusantium suscipit sit hic. Qui veniam unde facere dolor reiciendis dignissimos et. Maiores molestiae deserunt aut laboriosam aut et. Temporibus dolor consequatur quia iusto ipsam adipisci.

Culpa ad numquam debitis ipsum adipisci. Error ullam ducimus rerum ut et qui ea magnam. Velit ut quaerat voluptas ratione ratione. Sit aliquam et qui sapiente.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”