• Sharebar

1 Goldman Sachs & Co.
2 The Blackstone Group
3 Morgan Stanley
4 J.P. Morgan Investment Bank
5 Lazard
6 Greenhill & Co.
7 Credit Suisse (Investment Banking Division)
8 Evercore Partners
9 Deutsche Bank AG
10 Rothschild
11 Barclays Capital
12 Perella Weinberg Partners
13 Moelis & Company
14 UBS Investment Bank
15 Houlihan Lokey
16 Jefferies & Company, Inc.
17 Citi Institutional Clients Group
18 HSBC Holdings
19 Wells Fargo & Company
20 Allen & Company Inc.
21 Bank of America Corp.
22 Macquarie Group
23 Piper Jaffray Companies
24 Oppenheimer & Co.
25 RBC Capital Markets

Discuss...

The WSO Advantage - Investment Banking

Financial Modeling Training

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation + Learn More.

IB Interview Prep Pack

30,000+ sold & REAL questions Learn More.

Resume Help from Actual IB Pros

Land More IB Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Perfect IB Mentor

Realistic IB Mock Interviews. Learn More.

Comments (32)

• Marcus_Halberstram's picture

#1- STOP FUCKING RANKING BANKS, it means absolutely NOTHING. And stop posting other people's lame ass rankings and contributing "discuss..."

#2- Vault is a sack of shit. It stopped being worthwhile years ago.

• openOutcry's picture

Core-

do you even realize how they rank those? it's the biggest waste of shit ever. my left nut could give you better rankings.

• foshnitzle's picture

By the way. Not to rip on Goldman or anything. But they had GOLDMAN AS TOP CULTURE! I mean people love Goldman and rightfully so for many reasons, but I've never heard people raving about hot it is such a close, tight-nit, non-competitive environment where everyone gets along really well.

• In reply to openOutcry
    CoreAsset's picture

openOutcry:
    Core-

do you even realize how they rank those? it's the biggest waste of shit ever. my left nut could give you better rankings.

Hahahahahaha I agree. But boy do I fucking love the discussions.

• monkeyinasuit's picture

hmm... Jefferies should be at least top 5

• jackofalltrades's picture

i can't dnld the book from my career services site yet -- can you post the 26-50 as well?

--
    Support WSO.com and visit these links!
    Guide to Finance Interviews

The WSO Advantage - Investment Banking

IB Templates, M&A, LBO, Valuation + Learn More.

IB Interview Prep Pack

30,000+ sold & REAL questions Learn More.

Resume Help from Actual IB Pros

Land More IB Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Perfect IB Mentor

Realistic IB Mock Interviews. Learn More.

• jjk's picture

If anything, Vault's rankings are worth a laugh.

• 9Joker's picture

cant imagine how they make this ridiculous ranking when seeing that BAML as #21 even lower than HSBC.........

• dayaaam's picture

this ranking system is so retarded, no one on wall street pays attention to this shit

• wallstwarrior19's picture

are all of these investment banks? I am pretty sure that BNYmellon doesnt do investment banking. If it does how could it be higher than cowen and co?

• Banker88's picture

Haha they ranked Jefferies over Citi and Bofa? That was so Piper Jaffrayish of them.

• masnariktap's picture

KPMG is at worst a top 15

• In reply to wallstwarrior19
    h.e.pennypacker's picture

wallstwarrior19:
    are all of these investment banks? I am pretty sure that BNYmellon doesnt do investment banking. If it does how could it be higher than cowen and co?

Not at all. That's what makes this list hilarious. US Bancorp? The only two things they have related to IB is structured finance and commercial real estate finance. No advisory at all.

• dayaaam's picture

dude why isn't chuck e cheese on this list

• big unit's picture

I thought rankings were by league tables and money made...not by satisfaction surveys

• liu kang's picture

hahah funny comment about chuck e cheese. yeah, these ranking are whack. it's not even worthwhile to have a general prestige ranking. i'd rather see a list of firms ranked on other dimensions.

• n00bpwn3r's picture

For what it's worth, these arbitrary rankings are for the "Top 50 Banking Employers", not necessarily those that engage in classic investment banking.

Any list is going to be biased and arbitrary, but I would be curious to see some of your top 10s or top 15 ranking in the investment banking industry

• n00bpwn3r's picture

To unlock this content for free, please login / register below.

Connecting helps us build a vibrant community. We'll never share your info without your permission. Sign up with email or if you are already a member, login here Bonus: Also get 6 free financial modeling lessons for free ($200+ value) when you register!