My dad had purchased commercial real estate (Outback Steakhouse, not the franchise but the building and land) for $1.2 million in cash.
The rent is $5,000 a month in cash and he can pocket the full 5k every month. They pay for all repairs, maintenance and etc.
Thats $60,000 return on a 1.2 million dollar investment and he can get his money back if he sells the property and there is very little risk involved.
The contract is that the lease will be up in 20 years and the rent increases like 1-2% per year..
Since you guys are experts here what do you think about this investment? Can he get a higher return elsewhere or is this good.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Best NYC Neighborhoods?
- What is the best way to cold email (with resume) the owner of an RE Investment & Development Firm that is not hiring?
- What would you do with the $500MM Mega Millions Jackpot?
- I have 30 days to become RE Acquisitions Modeling Proficient, and only can spend $100. What is best way to accomplish this?
- If you won tonights Mega Million, what would you do with the money?
- Looking for the best way to spend the next 30 minutes of your life?
- Best way to invest a fairly large inheritance, what would you do?
- Ridiculous ways of making a Million dollars