Hey, I am looking for some opinons on this business model.
Recently, a 3,000 SF commercial space has opened up right across the street from my alma mater. The property sits steps from the university dorms and next to three other very busy bars.
I have always wanted to open up a BYOB night club. During my college years (graduated in May haha), I threw weekend parties and managed to bring atleast 200 people a night to the parties. The biggest party I threw reached 1300 people and I made 5 grand off of it in one night. The money coming in from these parties got me thinking about a BYOB night club.
My idea is to have one area of the club be a 'chic' dance/night club and the other part an area of conversation / pool tables etc and customers would pay $10 - $15 dollars at the door and could bring any alcohol they would like (grey goose, or natty) and we would hold the alcohol at our refridgerated 'bar' where they could pick up the alcohol from our 'bartender' whenever they need a new drink. We would sell individual red bulls, soda, w/e to mix and would supply glasses.
Basically, you pay $10 - $15 to get in and unless you want mixers nothing else and you can enjoy the atmosphere / night for cheap.
The club would only be open Wed - Sat (biggest going out nights) from 10 PM to 3 AM.
Expenses would not be much as all I would need would be bouncers, rent, utilities, ins., product (red bull, etc), initial start up costs, and misc (cleaning, repairs).
I wouldnt have alcohol license, food service, machinery, alcohol inventory, cable bills, etc that go with typical bars or night clubs.
Is this idea stupid, or would you guys think it could peak a lot of college age kids interest?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- What do you guys think about this? Can anyone confirm?
- What do you think about this?
- I you weren't doing finance what would you do?
- Henley Business School Partners With the FT to Offer Free Place on Advanced Management Programme- Any one know about this?
- Based on this company description what do you think a junior person would mainly be doing?
- What do YOU think Madoff's sentence should be?
- India's New Currency Sign: What do you think?
- What do you think of________ University's alumni?