I want to invest $10K -- best way to do this?

I've got $10k sitting in the bank doing nothing in addition to my emergency funds.

Where should I put this? I won't need access to it really, but would like access just in case a large-scale emergency happens. I don't want to have to monitor it on a day-to-day basis -- so my understanding is that ETF or mutual fund would be the best course of action, though I have heard ETF is better for larger investment ($100K+) and mutual funds for smaller (like mine).

Thoughts? Thanks.

Connor:
Just buy a few large cap, blue chip, high dividend-paying stocks. You don't have to watch them all the time, and you won't pay unnecessary management fees.
How do you buy these stocks, is there a specific website?
The Four E's of investment "The greatest Enemies of the Equity investor are Expenses and Emotions."- Warren Buffet

kmess024:
Connor:
Just buy a few large cap, blue chip, high dividend-paying stocks. You don't have to watch them all the time, and you won't pay unnecessary management fees.
How do you buy these stocks, is there a specific website?
You can open a retail brokerage account at TDameritrade, Scottrade, etc.

Macro Arbitrage:
Leverage time decay: Short FAZ and FAS, close the position after one year. You can thank me for your market neutral double digit returns.

Can you even borrow those shares to short? What's the borrow cost?

SirPoopsaLot:
Macro <span class=keyword_link><a href=/resources/skills/trading-investing/arbitrage target=_blank>Arbitrage</a></span>:
Leverage time decay: Short FAZ and FAS, close the position after one year. You can thank me for your market neutral double digit returns.

Can you even borrow those shares to short? What's the borrow cost?

Shorting those ETFs should be non-issue for a 10k account, however such a strategy is obviously only applicable to retail traders. Not sure about the borrowing costs, but I'd imagine it would be insignificant.

Macro Arbitrage:
I know that tons of traders do this, and if you did it last year you'd have made SICK returns. Do you think there would be some kind of regulation from the SEC if everyone starts doing this?

Connor:
Macro Arbitrage:
I know that tons of traders do this, and if you did it last year you'd have made SICK returns. Do you think there would be some kind of regulation from the SEC if everyone starts doing this?

Perhaps they will now that I have put it up on an online forum. Alternatively, if the ETF authorized market participant just rebalances the ETF more frequently this 'arbitrage' will cease to exist although in such a scenario you would obviously just break even assuming no transactions costs etc.

Right now, just go for yield. Look at a high-yield fund. If you look at the spreads in the high yield market, it implies that US corporate companies that issue high yield have an 8% chance of defaulting. But, if you observe what has happened the LTM, it is more like 3%.

Then again, there are the management fees and transaction costs associated with ETFs. You can also just go for high-yield, blue chip companies like others have stated.

The difference between successful people and others is largely a habit - a controlled habit of doing every task better, faster and more efficiently.

aqueductracetracks:
I don't want to have to monitor it on a day-to-day basis

Thoughts? Thanks.

Honestly, just buy a balanced mutual fund or diversify across a number of very low cost index mutual funds (Fidelity or Vanguard, depending on where you have your account). Buying individual stocks is crazy for $10k. Assuming you bought 20 stocks (which would still be considered very low to be considered diversified) and you had a $10 commission rate, that's 2% of your initial investment. If you wanted to be diversified across geographies and market caps, let's say you needed 20 stocks in each of US large and small cap and International and emerging markets, you are now talking about 80 stocks (still laughably low to be diversified across all equities globally) and it will cost you 8% of your initial investment. Then, you still need to reinvest dividends. Don't listen to hot stock tips...inevitably, they are shit. If there was real insight, they wouldn't be sharing it with you for free.

Well....at this very point in time I'd need $12k. I'd invest it in my personal debt reduction strategy (have about $12k left on my student loans). Would be nice to have that $350 a month off my personal cfs. (and I could easily make this happen if it weren't for my ongoing 401k and taxable allocations I make every month....)

but that isn't the point of your question.

If I had $10k to sink in the market today, I'd probably look more to what the Vanguard guy mentions.....its always hard to sell your winners, and if you can rebalance without doing so....more power to you.

Director of Finance and Corporate Development: 2020 - Present Manager of FP&A and Corporate Development: 2019 - 2020 Corporate Finance, Strategy and Development: 2011 - 2019 "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

There is a lot of noise around when the end of the current business cycle is going to happen. I've read all kinds of crap from guys way smarter then me having totally different view points. The majority of the materials I've been going over suggest a more bearish outlook in the near term. I would suggest putting it in as many pockets as possible. The gambler in me wants to look at WFC and DB. Especially DB. Good god. It can't go much lower and if push came to shove I don't think it would be allowed to fail... but I'm not very well read on their problems. Also, AVGO and ALLE are equities I've seen more and more and have mostly buy ratings.

I'm a real estate guy but I like to follow the markets. The following is a bit of rambling but I'm curious about everyone's opinion. This seemed like a somewhat relevant thread to make this post.

At this time I have absolutely no idea what is a 'safe' long-term investment the way index funds have been over the last 30 years. I'm under the impression that the market, as a whole, is overvalued due to artificially low rates. In the event rates rise it seems inevitable there will be at least some deflation of the capital markets. Putting money in an overvalued market doesn't seem like a smart idea regardless of the investment timeframe. The only things that seem to make some sense to invest in are floating rate or corporate bond funds.

Maybe I'm way off base. What say the WSO universe?

DIS, CVS, and other high quality businesses trading below S&P multiples. If you do a very very simple DCF, you can see the current prices imply 2-3% FCF growth (over the near and long term) with a 7% discount rate on some equities like these. I'll take a high quality company, with good management and a moat, trading at 15x earnings while growing EPS at mid to high single digits and a 2% dividend yield in this environment any day. May not be higher a year from now, but will almost for sure be decades from now when I'm trying to retire.

Well for me I see two clear options, invest in Chinese smartphone companies, especially Xiaomi and OnePlus And also Huawei, that's some safe investment with Big ROI. you want to play danger games? Invest in DB and You'll get some return if it survived.

I had the same situation about a year and some change ago. I divided it up 4 ways. 2500/poker bankroll 2500/stocks 2500/sourcing wholesale 2500/education in my self

in essence highrisk/risk/some risk/ no risk.

That's not really allot of money so I would suggest taking some big shots early. It also depends what type of time you have on your hands. I am just a student with limited time so you can manage. You have to get creative and don't rush it

We're running out of oil....sike!

Well if you're concerned about such a catastrophic drop in the dollar that your cash experiences an appreciable decrease in purchasing power, you're also betting on a pretty substantial crash across the entire dollar denominated economy, so that means equities and bonds are out. So you can either take your cash overseas into some other currencies, or buy commodities. Thing is though, most commodity/currency vehicles are probably going to be a lot more volatile than the dollar over your time frame (about a year).

I honestly think you're probably fine in dollars (or equities) for that length of time. Think of it this way - if the bottom falls out of the dollar in such dramatic fashion, you're going to have a lot bigger problems than the $10,000 in your bank account.

- Capt K - "Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham

If all of your expenses are in dollars, holding cash is not particularly risky, especially in the short run. If you're concerned about inflation, you can always move your money in to TIPS. $10,000 is not a significant amount to be investing, and I would say it will be better to have excess liquidity during your first year than to worry about getting a few thousand in excess returns.

If you do want to invest it, there are lots of reasonable options, though I'd avoid equities because you'll end up having to jump through a ton of compliance loopholes.

oldmansacks:
open an IRA and max out the contribution. put the rest in a personal equity account.

Do this to deduct $5,000 from your income, which you don't have to pay the tax on to the government. You qualify for this until you hit the $105,00 threshold.

The liquidity thing is something I've been considering as well. I'm going to be making ~65k next year (plus bonus, but consulting so won't be a huge bonus), and my company will match up to 6% of salary for 401k. I was going to also max out a Roth, but would I be better off keeping it as savings?

The money you contributed to a 401k plan is deducted from your income and is not taxed, but is taxed later at your ordinary income when you withdraw the distribution. For instant, you contribute $12,000 and make $60,000. Your taxable income is $48,000. The Limit for this is $16,500. You would do this to avoid being taxed at the next highest bracket at 28%.

With a Roth IRA it is tax free when you take out the distribution, so the interest is not taxed each year. if you are looking for short term liquidity just put it in a money-market account at the bank.

If you already have IB lined up I would incorporate more risk into your summer investing considering your going to be making a healthy income once you start work. Now might be a good time to invest in a leveraged silver ETF (AGQ 2x), especially after the recent selloff and the public sentiment on the continued demise of the american dollar. Your young, invest aggressively. You have the most precious component - the time value of money is on your side sister.

Here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, you are the sucker.

Why not focus on energy, utes, or REITs? They all produce something you need and it's a nice hedge. That's what I would do. You can still get 5-6% yields from royalty trusts and oil companies, and as far as my accounting works, the risk for you on those investments is probably less than it is for the market until you're collecting more in dividends than you're spending on energy. Naturally you need to take a close look at the risks and everything else, but it probably bears more looking into.

*:Edited to add my standard couching on this. The strategy isn't for everyone but I think for an individual investor it's a little more conservative, net net, than the rest of the market is going to price it at- something like 50% of the country's wealth is held by people who probably collect a lot more in dividends than they pay out in rent and gasoline.

Precious metals and real estate are good areas to diversify, though I wouldn't put more than 15% of my total investment portfolio into these areas unless you are experienced trading or investing in these areas. If you're young you typically want 80% or more in equities.

Best Response

Well, really depends on your situation. IMHO, if you've got $800+ to invest and you plan on holding for at least a number of months, the transaction costs on stocks aren't really that awful. $16 commission, 2% round-trip. Some of the full-service brokers will let you trade a basket of ETFs online commission-free; might also want to look into that.

But if you're a college student, why let somebody else invest your money for you and collect management fees on it? You want to get some practical experience as an investor and start making your mistakes- and figuring out your strategies early when you're playing around with $800 rather than $80,000. Why pay someone else to take that experience away from you? If you're trading only once or twice a month and investment management or trading is something you really want to get into, it's worth $8 for that trade. You're getting $100 back worth of experience.

Harvardgrad& Ben, I've been using Lending club for 2 years, I don't know about prosper,but LC experience has been great so far! With active mgt I am averaging 10.5%, but remember that you're "frozen" for at least 36/60 months depending on the notes you decide to invest. What I like about LC is their secondary market where I can trade my notes.

On the bad note, look through their financial statement and let me know what you think. They are a startup so they loose money on their operations. I am just worried about their solvency in the long term, but considering their size and the amount of $ flowing through, looks like they're heading in a good direction. Question remains, who takes over the execution of notes in case LC goes down...

Consider MLPs as a hedge/energy play. They're a weird hybrid model of a revenue bond and an equity ownership of a firm.

"Dude, not trying to be a dick here, but your shop looks like a frontrunner for the cover of Better Boilerrooms & Chophouses or Bucketshop Quarterly." -Uncle Eddie

They've really got a lot in common with a REIT. It's basically a REIT that owns a pipeline, refinery, forest, oil field, high seas shipping business, or coal mine. They generally distribute most of their income and the kicker is that the income is deferred until you sell the asset. (Make sure you sell before your last year of school so you can enjoy the 10% tax rate instead of 25%).

But they're really an income investment. Great for grandpas and orphans, not necessarily quite so good for a college student with all of his expenses already covered.

eriginal:

Transocean (Commodity) - oil is a smart play and recent news is again causing Transocean to trade at an attractive price relative to other deep water drillers.

I bought Transocean in June for $50 hoping to sell at $100, I get out at $84. In the last weeks the stock jumped up $5, you can buy it now or wait until the next crunch. When we have crude oil prices between $120 and $140 RIG will be situated between $100 and $140.

http://www.madhedgefundtrader.com/ http://www.tradersmagazine.com/

YourWorstEnemy:
Don't you feel special. 10k is jack squat in this day and age, not really enough to make any substantial gain. I would save it until you have at least 100k then start investing

Someone having a bad day? Thanks for the unsolicited advice.

@RexAlpha - agreed, distinct possibility of a new term drop but I think the potential long term payoff as you mentioned is worth the risk now.

oldmansacks:
I'm interested in other thoughts on this.

Currently re balancing my portfolio with the same amount of capital. If this helps my current looks like this Apple Teva Travel Zoo NSC RailRoad Cisco Wells Fargo Zalicus

Apple - seems like they don't have anywhere to go with new products/market saturation, plus their hitting new highs as we speak. Travel Zoo - doesn't seem to have a great competitive advantage, defitinitely not a sure thing. NSC Railroad - I like the product but the price is a little unnattractive. Cisco - strong product line and a great price, definitely considering buying this instead of google for my tech. sector allocation. Wells Fargo - also seems to be doing fairly well recently as compared to other financial institutions, another good call. Zalicus - looks alright, but the prospects for Teva seem better and I don't want to over allocate to Pharma

What do you think?

How can you honestly pretend as if someone can't make money with 10k cash?? Not everyone is a daytrading junkie. IRBT has support backed by fundementals with the government deals they have been getting very unlikely to underperform sp500. Another big deal could appear within your 6 month window and allow you to feel ok if you really need to take it out, or another conference call...

jktecon:
Timothy Sykes 12000 dollars bar mitzvah money into 1.65 million in three years... Then went on to start a hedge fund.

Compared to Dan Zanger, nothing special

Dan Zanger turned ist 11k into $18 million in 1 year

http://www.madhedgefundtrader.com/ http://www.tradersmagazine.com/

@go4it - I like the GS calls, I was already thinking of opening a few

@hungryman1 - CLF looks good as well but the price is already pretty steep, any particular reason you think it's positioned for a further price move.

I'm also curious what everyone thinks about Spirit Aero (SPR), they manufacture airplane parts and based on the market cycle i'm looking for a solid industrial equity. That and the bank I intern for just moved the upgraded the 12 mo price target to $30/share... any thoughts??

So far i'm thinking: RIG, TEVA, GOOG (option), GS (option), SPR?, CLF?, IRBT

Thanks for the great ideas, keep em' coming.

Why are you allocating your funds across 10 stocks? With $10,000 you should be in maximum 2-3 names. Choose the best 2 stocks and invest $5,000 in each, why have 10 sub-par companies?

If you want some good opportunities that are trading cheap (EV/EBITDA) check out LOJN & IGOI.

wikileaks:
Why are you allocating your funds across 10 stocks? With $10,000 you should be in maximum 2-3 names. Choose the best 2 stocks and invest $5,000 in each, why have 10 sub-par companies?

If you want some good opportunities that are trading cheap (EV/EBITDA) check out LOJN & IGOI.

It's a good way to keep track of a variety of positions... although I will say the returns will be pretty shitty considering transaction costs.

@YourWorstEnemy - youre a dick.. the kid is an intern, everyone starts off trading 'peanuts'. He, like myself, needs to get a little experience and a little more income before he can start trading 'at least 100k' you pompous asshole. Oh, you invest more money than a college student? That's fucking awesome buddy. Since you're so experience maybe you should give him the advice he's looking for instead of ridiculing his funds.

For something different, I'd recommend Kite Realty Group (KRG), a strong REIT that 's worth investing in.

They lease, as well as develop and re-develop commercial properties across states and locations that management is familiar with, which is a plus. The stock has taken quite a beating in '08, but I believe it will return to eventually trade in the $20 range. The development side of their business has obviously slowed, but the leasing side is doing excellent. They rent to places like Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Dicks, Petsmart, etc, so mainly shopping centers. Their leasing base is very diversified with the biggest tenant making up only 3.2% of their annual revenue and their properties are 92.2% leased out.

Here are a couple stats about the dividend also if you stay with the stock long enough to receive any payouts. The stock should do well even without the payments since you are looking more into the short term.

LTM FFO Payout Ratio (%): 55.81 Current Dividend Yield (%): 4.80

Funds from operations with this pick looks very healthy, and they seem to know what they're doing. As a disclosure I invested in both their common stock and their preferred stock, but I am not affiliated with them or anything like that.

Check out their website at http://www.kiterealtygroup.com/

I'd also recommend Research in Motion RIMM as a speculative investment. They are down 50% YTD (I believe they've bottomed) and the company is solid financially. Many say that Apple and the Android phones are going to kill RIM's BlackBerry market share, but they are still expanding their market share very well in emerging markets and are very solid financially. They are also rolling out new phones late this summer which will bring them up on the same playing field as the iPhone and Android phones. The company is not only updating their phones, but also their e-mail pushing service, and perhaps most importantly, their app development tools. I would say more like "Research in Transition" instead of Research in Motion. Yes, the company has had alot of problems, and yes they have a long road ahead of them, but I foresee a pretty nice bump in this stock later in the summer if the new phones do well worldwide. Investing in this company isn't for the faint of heart and I'm not sure given your timeframe I'd be all that great of a pick so use caution on this one and if you buy make sure you set a stop sell good till canceled order on it.

Just opened my positions and gave SBs to those whose ideas I used as promised...

GS Spread, Bought Jan135/Sold Jan 155 - relatively cheap RIG - long oil, deep water drilling IRBT - good idea, covers a sector I wanted to tap TEVA - relatively cheap P/E, adderall sold out nationwide, especially at my school... GOOG - long Google+, options were out of my price range SPR - untapped sector VXX - hedge on vol.

Leaving roughly 2.5/10K in cash for lack of good ideas/questionable current market conditions

eriginal- learn all you can with your $10k...if you can't manage $10k, how will you know how how to manage $100k? Keep pushing forward, don't listen to naysayers, good luck!!

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

HI. THRIFTY ILLINIPROGRAMMER HERE. I RECOMMEND SPENDING $10K ON A HOUSE. I AM LOOKING AT MOVING UPSTATE AND COMMUTING IN FROM THIS $8K HOME. IF I WANTED TO SPEND AN EXTRA $2K, IT WOULD EITHER BE TO FIX THE LEAKY ROOF AND PUT A FEW WINDOWS IN OR MORE LIKELY JUST BUY YELLOWTAIL SHIRAZ.

Now to seriously answer your question, it's hard to go wrong sniping opportunities in European-based companies with global markets. Think sectors like consumer staples, energy, perhaps manufacturing, and then look for well-financed companies that have lost 15-20% in the Euro panic for no good reason.
. . .

Still confused as to why stating the amount of cash you have to invest is relevant here; whether it is $1K, $10K, or $100K, it is an investable amount that is too small for less liquid investments.

@IlliniProgrammer - I like the idea of looking for euro market plays, even more so for plays that are based in the more solvent euro zone countries - any ideas?? Also, I mentioned the 10K amount in the subject line mainly as an attention grabber, but it would have come up anyway.

@JTKecon - very excited about how well it offset my daily losses, literally dollar for dollar.

>I like the idea of looking for euro market plays, even more so for plays that are based in the more solvent euro zone countries - any ideas??

My firm's policy prevents me from suggesting specific securities to people I meet in online forums due to various legal issues. Wish I could help you with specific recommendations- are you coming to the drinks on Thursday?

Honestly, I would not be afraid of the PIIGS, though. Are people in the US really going to stop drinking Irish beer because Ireland defaults on its bonds? It is not like the country is going to turn into Zaire overnight or foreign drinkers will suddenly realize that certain high-end beers have the consistency of flat coke and taste like badly burnt toast. :D

I think the place to look for the truly irrational discounts is in the PIIGS. Stay away from sovereign debt. Stay away from domestic pure-plays, but don't be afraid of companies in bad countries that depend on a (good) international market. A horrible domestic economy is actually great news for exporters, helping to hold costs down. It is just bad news for utilities, real estate companies, retailers, and workers. (Naturally, this assumes that law and order is maintained and taxes don't wind up getting more irrational than the prices these stocks are getting dumped at.)

>Also, I mentioned the 10K amount in the subject line mainly as an attention grabber, but it would have come up anyway.

I'm not calling you a troll, but it does kinda look trollish. :D Which is part of the reason I trolled you before answering your question. Which may also be the reason you got trolled by YWE.

I'll do a little of my own research and post some ideas for a euro play, possibly in PIIGS, although I can't see the floor yet and I'm still afraid of opening a position.

I agree it looked that way, and some trolling was expected, but I guarantee more people payed attention to this post because it was titled "I have $10,000" instead of "My portfolio."

mb666:

Buy USD/EUR... leverage to the hilt.

Stocks are slightly overvalued and you have way more downside risk imo. You can't buy bonds b.c. interest rates may start increasing in late 2014, again bad risk/reward.

C'mon man this guy's a retail investor looking to save up for grad school and has a mortgage. Don't tell him to make some FX bet.

Also, OP: I believe you can withdraw from Roth IRA accounts penalty free for educational purposes for what it's worth.

Echoing ct banker...paying off credit card debt first (or other similar high interest rate debt) is one of the best investments you can make first before thinking about investing.

Why risk your money in equities and bonds when you can get a guaranteed return of not paying x% on your debt.

If you are up to date on bills then I'd recommend an ETF, but depending on the interest rate on your mortgage, might consider paying down principle if you think the 4%-6% interest rate would be equal to or greater than what you expect to make from investing in another thing. Again, this all depends on a variety of factors such as if you plan to stay where you are living, when exactly youre going to grad school (and where!).

if mortgage rate is low, don't pay that down.

if you don't have an emergency fund (3 months salary if you're single/no family, 6 months if family), put it towards that.

otherwise if you're saving for grad school and you can't afford to lose this money, put it in short term bonds, high quality though, HY spreads are tighter than a virgin on a deserted island.

if you can afford to lose this money and are looking to gamble, pick 10 stocks, equal weight, and then walk away. if you don't know much about investing this is the best way to learn. to get ideas, you can look at 13F filings from hedge fund managers or any number of other methods, just don't concentrate in one corner of the market (not all new tech stocks, financials, stuff like that).

Load up on SPY and AMZN puts that expire SEP 20 with 190 strike (SPY) and 300 strike (AMZN) and thank me later after you make 100-300%. Also maybe kick me back some profits as I am broke and would like to be in the market right now.

twitter: @StoicTrader1 instagram: @StoicTrader1

BEAST MODE TRADER:

Load up on SPY and AMZN puts that expire SEP 20 with 190 strike (SPY) and 300 strike (AMZN) and thank me later after you make 100-300%. Also maybe kick me back some profits as I am broke and would like to be in the market right now.

Ah, the WSO is prescient, as always

Impedit quia qui tempore temporibus. Maxime sapiente molestias porro. Commodi et quis et modi consequatur. Quam hic ratione aut sed molestiae quia.

Sit officia adipisci mollitia ullam ut sint est. Eum modi ipsam eius deserunt deserunt et. Corrupti fugiat modi tempore distinctio. Asperiores magnam dolorum vel fugiat alias aperiam eaque a. Rerum mollitia natus quo accusantium. Et inventore recusandae illo qui quaerat. Dolor blanditiis tempora maxime commodi consectetur inventore possimus ut.

Possimus rerum aut expedita sint odio aut. Dolorum earum earum quia distinctio voluptatem sapiente enim. Nulla inventore natus illum quia possimus architecto sit. Fugiat provident velit occaecati minus ea.

Porro aspernatur qui id harum exercitationem id. Sunt nemo modi nihil ipsum tenetur. Cupiditate alias beatae facere.

Minima voluptate quod quas similique. Non quo perspiciatis dolores nihil qui amet. Architecto reiciendis nobis placeat officia vitae quia est labore. Qui autem est non est aspernatur cumque. Necessitatibus eveniet quia voluptatibus temporibus sit perspiciatis. Beatae adipisci quasi qui vero.

Voluptatibus ut voluptatum dolore explicabo dolores. Culpa odio omnis sed nobis expedita et.

Quia ut non et voluptatem odit amet aspernatur. Est dignissimos tempore et est autem voluptas quo. Eos impedit soluta rerum odit qui qui occaecati.

I like to doing work.

Illo adipisci vel incidunt ea sunt voluptatem veniam. Ut repellendus dignissimos libero enim sequi ducimus.

Consectetur odit consequatur quia voluptas eos. Totam in excepturi quia cum vel aperiam consequatur. Quia est architecto ea sit aut. Sint excepturi cumque molestiae qui. Quia quia nesciunt sit illo non nostrum.

Provident natus necessitatibus doloribus unde. Voluptatem nostrum voluptates alias eos architecto. Autem et temporibus reiciendis est quisquam accusantium. Eos repellendus ut occaecati sunt culpa.

Suscipit fugit labore et illo debitis laboriosam. Iusto quis libero omnis ut ipsam qui. Provident cum quos et reprehenderit voluptatibus. Accusantium exercitationem ea eius nobis. Et est omnis omnis aspernatur harum sequi eum. Quia at rerum officia magni ut.

Quibusdam amet qui et omnis. Et laudantium minima officiis. Exercitationem nisi eligendi modi eaque nam incidunt sunt. Nam temporibus dolores aliquid earum sint ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”