Just wanted to hear your thoughts on the future of Wall Street. What's the outlook for the classes of 2013, 2014, and 2015? Is finance going to regress significantly, or will it be back to business as usual within a few years?
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): See his original post here: "<a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/hey-you-ocr-little-fcksL">HEY you OCR little f*cks</a>" </em> all schools are apparently filled with tweedledees and tweedle f*cking dums because all of...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted on 6/21/12.</em> At the beginning of my analyst program i had a fixed-notion of what it takes to become one of the top-ranked analysts in my class, pocket top-bucket bonus and move on to a prosperous future...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- If you look at elite athletes of virtually any sport, they almost always share one thing in common: they started playing the sport at a fairly young age. Sure, there are exceptions, but very rarely do you see a world-class athlete who picked up the sport after high school. Now, what does...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> When women get together with their friends and talk about the new guy in their life, one of the first questions that always comes up is, "What does he do?", which - let's face it -...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. <strong><a...
- Hey guys, so we hear of pretty crazy, competitive situations in nearly all levels: professional sports, high schools, university, and of course the workplace. There's examples everywhere: whether it's Michael Jordan ruining friendships over a game or the latest Tiger Mom shelling out...
- 1) What age / position are you? 2) Would you consider yourself competitive? Would you say its a characteristic that defines you? 3) Why or why not?
- Hey guys, I'm currently applying to all four schools and I've already been admitted to RichardIvey with their CEMS program in Canada. Richardivey's program isn't focused on finance although they do...
- Has anyone worked in a Company's Strategy group in procurement? Is this a good career path coming out of Big 4 TS? What is pay like at the analyst level and what would the upward mobility be like?...
- Happy to answer any consulting-related questions. I'm currently being sponsored by Deloitte S&O for my MBA. In consulting I focused on M&A in Life Sciences, working on deals from $350M to $4B...
- To everyone who go to target schools with on campus recruiting, please share your schools deadlines of different firms?? Credit Suisse Deadline was October 1BAML is already gone also I cannot see...
- If you start in the US as an analyst in M&A or capital markets, how difficult is it to jump across to London to a comparable job? Is it best to work for 1 year, 2 years? Do they accept many...
- What would trade higher, a Community Bank or Insurance Company? How about PC vs. Life Insurance?
- Love Problem Solution[(+91-9828939517)] Specialist Baba ji IN UK GERMANY SINGAPORE Love Problem Solution[(+91-9828939517)] Specialist Baba ji IN UK GERMANY SINGAPORE Love Problem Solution[(+91-...
- Can anyone give me some advice on how to ace this? I just got a case overview for this and I was wondering what type of questions would be asked, how should I format my powerpoint, etc. Has anyone...
- ASasaSAsa sS SAS AS A SAS
- Hello WSOers, I have scored a superday with UBS wealth and was wondering if you guys had any superday experience insights to add to how I am prepping. I am putting together 5 work challenges stories...
- Has anyone heard of this shop before? They seem to operate in a fairly niche market, but I am wondering if they are really known/would be a good company to intern with?http://www.group-act.com/
- Why isn't Jefferies regulated and What advantage do they have over other banks that are?
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 447