WSO Conference 2013: Stay at Hotel Penn and Get a Discount

Fellow Primates, just a quick note that attendees to the conference get a special discounted rate at Hotel Penn (the conference venue).

To get the discount:
Call Hotel Pennsylvania at 800-223-8585 and mention the group "Wall Street Oasis Conference" and you'll get the following rates for Friday & Saturday:
* $149/night for a king bed ($348.94 total w/ taxes) and
* $169 ($394.96 total w/ taxes) for 2 double beds.

This special pricing expires on June 14th.

Also want to remind you that we are quickly running out of dicounted tickets for the 2013 WSO Conference and we are LESS THAN 5 WEEKS AWAY!

So if you haven't jumped in on the current deal, you shoudlnt wait...

Grab One of the Last Discounted Tickets Today (50% Off!)

The Discounted Level only has a certain # of tickets available before we bump the price again.

Remember, as an attendee you get:

1. Free 3 month subscription to the WSO job board. ($45 value)
2. Free WSO T-shirt (now in BLACK!) = priceless
...plus many other perks and discounts we'll be announcing over the coming weeks!

Grab One of the Last Discounted Tickets Today (50% Off!)

Hope to see you guys again for another great conference (we have a huge # of Certified Users joining us this year :-)

Thanks,
Patrick

Glad I can round out my WSO collection with a black t shirt!

One day about a month ago I realized that I wasn't wearing my black wrist band. No idea where it went, or when.

...Devastating, to say the least.

"That dude is so haole, he don't even have any breath left."

sorry to be so clueless, but are you getting that same great deal at the hotel that you did last year? It was very reasonable, and I wanted to book it.

Betsy Massar Come see me at my Q&A thread http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/b-school-qa-w-betsy-massar-of-master-admissions Ask away!

Angus Macgyver:
In The Flesh:

Patrick, you forgot the most obvious perk of all besides meeting all the awesome people.......

..........The afterparty. :)

Heh. I imagine that that went a little better for some than it did for others...

No idea what you're talking about...do tell?

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

I am working as an investment analyst at a local PWM/investment consulting firm, but I've been trying to transition closer to the market (ER, HF/MF, ect.). Do you think this event would be helpful? I don't mean that cynically, but it seems a bit oriented more to college/MBA students than industry professionals trying to transition. Please correct me if I am wrong; just trying to determine the value-add.

JulianRobertson:

I am working as an investment analyst at a local PWM/investment consulting firm, but I've been trying to transition closer to the market (ER, HF/MF, ect.). Do you think this event would be helpful? I don't mean that cynically, but it seems a bit oriented more to college/MBA students than industry professionals trying to transition. Please correct me if I am wrong; just trying to determine the value-add.

No worries :-) I think this year more than last we will have a stronger contingent of young finance professionals, so it could be a great networking opportunity. Unlike last year, we have made it free this year for WSO Certified Users to attend as a way to say thank you to them, and ~30 have already confirmed (expect that to be ~50 by june)...and that isn't including all of the other professionals that will be there in IB, HF, PE, etc that will be on the panels, and just attending to network and meet other young professionals in the city.

Yes, there will be a lot of interns and college students attending, but there will also be a large group of finance professionals as well.

One of our panels this year is to highlight jobs outside of Investment Banking to give the attendees a greater appreciation of everything that is out there (including consulting, HFs, asset mngmt, etc)...hope that helps make your decision!

-Patrick

Best Response
JulianRobertson:

Actually, just re-read your question and I want to stess one other point...

If you've read WSO and/or our networking guide and what all of the most knowledgeable Certified Users say over and over and over again is that networking is the #1 skill to develop in order to land any job. So even if our conference isn't specifically targeted to career transitioners, the fact that you are asking that question tells me you don't see the full value/power in developing relationships.

So I think the question/s that maybe you should be asking is "will there be people in my target industry there and can I make some solid new contacts that will increase my odds at landing more interviews?"...maybe that's what you meant, just want to make sure you are thinking of it the right way.

thanks, Patrick

Maverick91:

Is this helpful for people already in the industry or is it more geared to individuals looking to break in?

Wallstreetoasis.com:
No worries :-) I think this year more than last we will have a stronger contingent of young finance professionals, so it could be a great networking opportunity. Unlike last year, we have made it free this year for WSO Certified Users to attend as a way to say thank you to them, and ~30 have already confirmed (expect that to be ~50 by june)...and that isn't including all of the other professionals that will be there in IB, HF, PE, etc that will be on the panels, and just attending to network and meet other young professionals in the city.

Yes, there will be a lot of interns and college students attending, but there will also be a large group of finance professionals as well.

One of our panels this year is to highlight jobs outside of Investment Banking to give the attendees a greater appreciation of everything that is out there (including consulting, HFs, asset mngmt, etc)...hope that helps make your decision!

-Patrick

I went last year and hoping to go again this year.

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

Guys, make sure you understand what you get w/Hotel Penn.

I would recommend the Sheraton Midtown, and The Manhattan at Times Square (stayed there twice, not noisy, quality rooms, they have some discounted rates every now and then). Both are far nicer, but will also cost more.

If you are on a college budget and want to hang out w/other WSOC attendees, then go for the Penn. Just trying to put things in perspective before people get pissed, b/c the hotel is quite poor from aesthetically and from a cleanliness standpoint.

peinvestor2012:

Guys, make sure you understand what you get w/Hotel Penn.

I would recommend the Sheraton Midtown, and The Manhattan at Times Square (stayed there twice, not noisy, quality rooms, they have some discounted rates every now and then). Both are far nicer, but will also cost more.

If you are on a college budget and want to hang out w/other WSOC attendees, then go for the Penn. Just trying to put things in perspective before people get pissed, b/c the hotel is quite poor from aesthetically and from a cleanliness standpoint.

Someone has been living off that corporate plastic a little too long ;)

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

I don't know where exactly to ask this, but my buddy and I are both aspiring traders and would like to attend the conference. We will both be only 17 at the time of the conference. Will we have any trouble attending?

Munselle:

I don't know where exactly to ask this, but my buddy and I are both aspiring traders and would like to attend the conference. We will both be only 17 at the time of the conference. Will we have any trouble attending?

17 is the cutoff age, so no problem at all
WSO Content & Social Media. Follow us: Linkedin, IG, Facebook, Twitter.

Aut fuga similique dolorem sed. Consequatur in dolorem assumenda ut sequi nemo itaque. Vel quia et minus. Ut natus et sapiente eligendi error. Cupiditate et aspernatur neque repellendus possimus repellendus id laboriosam.

Ipsum consequatur hic magni voluptatem excepturi. Autem dicta numquam debitis. Quos sint adipisci vero modi.

Commodi magnam ut expedita velit doloribus voluptas dignissimos. Quas magni qui alias dolores molestias et. Est ut atque mollitia et. Ipsam quo consectetur suscipit iste. Quam occaecati qui sed non alias. Qui iure quo voluptatem minus qui et.

Tempora ut voluptas commodi dolorem. Quas aut voluptas error sunt repellat quia. Sunt quidem aut accusamus.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

Vero qui quis voluptatem dolorem perspiciatis. Veniam quidem et non maxime at eius sed.

Officiis rerum voluptatem deserunt quia velit rem quod quam. Praesentium fuga officiis atque. Necessitatibus est sed doloremque at error. Tempora debitis quibusdam aut blanditiis unde. Neque molestiae qui et. Omnis blanditiis praesentium officiis eaque corrupti ex dolores nobis.

Aliquid quae id consectetur alias tempore necessitatibus repellendus. Autem voluptate voluptas rerum ut et repellendus molestias ipsa. Labore animi qui enim autem rem ea. Sit deleniti assumenda atque asperiores fuga consectetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”