Just another way to connect, network and learn from others. Please give a short description of yourself in your membership request i.e. where you go to school and what you are studying.
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- I wrote this because while <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ocr-the-saga-continues-alternate-title-i-now-have-cancer-of-the-nose">the other OCR thread</a> was hilarious (and accurate), I wanted to reach out to those who may still be struggling even though they...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy) - Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted 2/28/12</em> Tried the search function, but couldn't find anything. I am a senior at a non-target. I wasn't able to get into banking. So I am considering alternatives to make some cash (high...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- My content intern @Lucas_M" is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check out our <a...
- In the old days many people perceived joining Wall Street was a golden ticket. They figured if you put your head down and work hard your career can be whatever you want it to be. Some thought they would make their money and be done in their thirties or forties. Others imagined they would keep...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- Good news - you passed the 1st test - your resume has been accepted and they want a 1st round interview with you. A 1st round interview is just another screening tool to narrow the resume file further. Make sure you treat it as such. Having conducted 250-300 1st round interviews in my sixteen...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> With Valentine's Day two short weeks away, some of your girlfriends are no doubt ratcheting up the pressure on you to pop the question on the most romantic day of the year. Maybe you...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): the link for the free WSO <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-investment-banking-division-IBD">IBD</a></span> resume template is <a...
- At the top a lot of mega funds' equities business has slowed, given the amount of capital invested in the space, the difficulty of growing such large portfolio investments to realize a desired return...
- Hi everyone! I am interested in starting an offshore hedge fund. The problem for me is that I, except from my education (still attending a university where I am studying business and economics), have...
- My assumptions would be to hire a couple of consultants with PE experience to help him start his firm from scratch. How do you actually start a PE firm from zero if you have 8 figures?
- Thanks to all who came out this past Wednesday night for a fun evening of drinks and conversation (both professional and personal) for the first happy hour of the fall 2015 season. It's the time...
- Modern living has been a part of everyday lifestyle. With concepts and objectives following current trends and styles, adaptation has spread like a wildfire from developed to developing countries....
- I recently accepted a FT offer at a BB after going through an SA program. I recently got a ticket for public urination (a city ordinance, not a crime). I just have to go to court and pay the fine....
- Does anyone have lecture notes on "Business drivers of industries" NYU Stern course or something similar in the content? Many thanks
- Stock Market Analysis How about that? In spite of many astronomical events, the Dow rose every day last week! It rose 3.7% while the small cap Russell 2000 jumped 4.6%. Advancing stocks swamped...
- We are excited to announce a brand new new and improved 2015 investment banking interview Prep Pack, just in time for recruiting season! As always, we keep improving our resources at least once a...
- Just wanted to see if anybody can give me some insights on their NYC office. Culture, deals, pay, etc. Also, what do they look for in their candidates?
- I tried to value Accenture but my final numbers are all over the place. Market cap of 83bn, equity reproduction cost of core assets of just 5bn, equity earning power value (no growth) of 42bn and...
- Hi everyone, When interviewers say "walk me through the resume", are they expecting me to literally walk through all entries on the resume? I have done a few internships in finance, studied abroad...
- How difficult is it to transition from post-MBA banking at a bulge bracket to Asset Management within a bank? So I'm talking about roles in investment strategy/asset allocation/multi-asset class...
- Hello everyone, My name is Steven, and I am a new user on WSO. After digging through the internet searching various consulting companies and careers I stumbled upon this website and decided to sign...
- Guys, Now that the fall recruiting season for 2016 full-time analyst IB positions is almost over, was just curious to know how would you approach the off cycle recruiting in order to break in. Would...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 526