International students interested in finance
Finding a job as an international student can be hard. It is even more challenging to find a job in finance as an international student. Join if you have suffered through the experience or if you are undergoing the process like I am!
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): See his original post here: "<a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/hey-you-ocr-little-fcksL">HEY you OCR little f*cks</a>" </em> all schools are apparently filled with tweedledees and tweedle f*cking dums because all of...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy) - Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted 2/28/12</em> Tried the search function, but couldn't find anything. I am a senior at a non-target. I wasn't able to get into banking. So I am considering alternatives to make some cash (high...
- My content intern @Lucas_M" is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check out our <a...
- In the old days many people perceived joining Wall Street was a golden ticket. They figured if you put your head down and work hard your career can be whatever you want it to be. Some thought they would make their money and be done in their thirties or forties. Others imagined they would keep...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> When women get together with their friends and talk about the new guy in their life, one of the first questions that always comes up is, "What does he do?", which - let's face it -...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- Happy to answer any consulting-related questions. I'm currently being sponsored by <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/deloitte" target="_blank">Deloitte</a></span> S&O for my MBA. In consulting...
- I wrote this because while the other OCR thread was hilarious (and accurate), I wanted to reach out to those who may still be struggling even though they are doing everything right. This applies to more than OCR candidates, anyone that has not yet been able to break in may find it encouraging. ...
- Folks .. quick question for you... Is there a broker out there that allows me, as an individual investor, to trade using custom logic / algorithms, e.g. if stock A falls below price X then buy stock...
- Barcap IB seems to be getting a bit of hate on this forum as of late. I'd like to understand how they stack up within BBs in London and whether it still opens some good doors afterwards - I'm not...
- Bill Gross the co-founder of PIMCO is suing his old firm he built for 40 years. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/business/dealboo...
- Amazing story of how it took SEC 10-years to pin down Greenwich PE fund Oak Investment Partners partner Iftikar Ahmed who is now a fugitive. (link inside the post). Harvard, Goldman Sachs, Venture...
- My PE firm is evaluating different expert network providers. I have spoken to a few sales reps at a few of the bigger players (GLG, Alphasights, Coleman, Guidepoint) and wanted to reach out to see...
- TL;DR - I'm trying to figure out what to do with $900k. Work so much it's hard to feel I'm like I'm being incredibly efficient. This is 100% serious. Looking for advice from professionals a few years...
- Any insight into Corporate Rate Sales desk? Also, what should a person know if they're interviewing for a junior role?
- Hello everybody, I am from MK International Trading. We are expert in commodity trading like sugar,rice,edible oils and more.
- Hi Folks, Looking for some guidance on ER jobs. I have about two years of FP&A experience at a major global Food & Beverages corporation (think Coca Cola, PepsiCo, Kraft) in India and will be...
- Let's say I have a company with 30m cash. The company is unlevered. Therefore fcff=fcfe and wacc=cost of eq. 2 ways to value the company: 1) discount fcff --> EV 2) discount fcfe --> equity...
- I wrote this because while the other OCR thread was hilarious (and accurate), I wanted to reach out to those who may still be struggling even though they are doing everything right. This applies to...
- For anyone who does banking in Chicago, what do you like about your city? I have an SA interview with a bank in Chicago, and I have to sell the idea that it's my top choice of city.
- See title. How specific are you guys on your resumes regarding deals that you have worked on?
- I was looking at the Cornell and USC Real estate masters program in addition to their MBA programs. Does anyone know someone whose gone to these or any prominent real estate program? These program...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 464