Application support, Full time permanent, NYC, NY
Login to Start Application
Candidate will work closely with application developers, infrastructural support groups, and other distributed application teams supporting the Global Ultra High Net Worth business. Primary responsibility is to ensure the stability of business critical client and server-based application processes and associated infrastructure. The position is best suited for those eager to learn about the UHNW environment from a business and IT perspective. It is important to stress that strong interpersonal and teamwork skills are required. This is a global team that works extensively with other IT members in all UHNW locations. A strong work ethic is also necessary, and this job requires extensive hands on and active participation.
- Liaise with external parties to resolve issues in a timely manner
- System break/fix and user recovery
- Root cause analyses
- Investigate and resolve data quality issues
- Manage Level 2 Falcon ticket queue
- Escalate problems to Level 3 (core development and engineering) groups in a timely manner.
- Turnovers and deployments are executed smoothly. This includes ensuring appropriate risk management and back-out procedures are understood
- Work closely with London/India/Asia counterparts to: build and leverage tools; standardize monitoring procedures; provide "follow the sun" support
- Notify the business unit of system issues or failures in a timely manner
- Work closely with APG and Engineering to develop tools to: improve monitoring and notification; Increase the stability of the plant; automate manual tasks
- Work on small scale development requests and enhancements initiated by the BU.
Business knowledge of portfolio management and accounting would be advantageous. Mainframe experience would also be a plus: familiarity with JCL/DB2/Natural/Adabas would be helpful.