Assistant Portfolio Manager, Stable Value
Login to Start Application
Our client is a leading U.S.-based activefirm. The firm manages approximately $162 billion for both institutions and individual investors. The firm has the experience and resources to invest responsibly across asset classes, geographies and investment styles. Through their global asset management network, the firm provides clients with access to domestic, regional and global investment solutions.
I. JOB PURPOSE
Function as a key memberteam by assisting the Senior Portfolio Manager in the management of stable value portfolios
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the Senior Portfolio Manager in handling fixed income investment activities for a group of clients or a fund.
2. Help oversee implementation of IIMinvestment strategy via portfolio construction for fixed income strategies.
3. Understand the client’s broader strategy and monitor portfolio adherence with guidelines at the client portfolio level and work with asset manager, risk management, operations staff and compliance officers as appropriate to facilitate resolution of issues.
4. Produce reports and presentations as needed by management.
5. Assist in analyzing relevant portfolios using available systems.
6. Partner with Portfolio Specialist to support business development, reporting and client service activities. Develop a working knowledge of client needs, business or liability structure as appropriate and a broad understanding of IIM fixed income business strategy.
7. Develop and execute proactive, creative ongoing initiatives intended to identify and satisfy client or business needs.
Who is our ideal candidate? III. Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required. MBA or CFA is preferred
2. Minimum of 2 years of fixed income investment management experience, preferably with multi-sector portfolio management experience.
3. Knowledge of the following:
- Fixed income instruments and portfolio management
- Quantitative risk management
- Total return attribution
- PC skills and ability to use/learn analytical software
4. Strong Customer Orientation
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong analytical skills
7. Team Player
8. Attention to detail