Business Associate for leading active venture investor, London
Login to Start Application
We are a leading active venture investor with operations in locations throughout the world. We are current investors in a number of companies, usually participating on the boards of our investments. As well as investment capital, we also provide support to our companies in the form of coaching, advice and access to our relationship network.
The primary responsibility of the Business Associate will be to support the Investment Manager in developing and reviewing financial and business plans through analysis of market opportunities, operating data, and current business structure. There will be an unusually high variety and seniority of exposure to young and established companies within the Group portfolio, and the role will include direct interaction with clients and partners in support of the planning and review process.
• Analysing opportunities, processes and business activities
• Building business and and investment cases
• Structuring and presenting recommendations and plans
• Identifying opportunities for coordination between Group companies
• Supporting client and partner engagements
• Building good relationships with executive management teams
• Experience in strategy / research
• A meticulous and analytic nature, with close attention to detail (essential)
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing (essential)
• Experience of the IT services or technology industries (highly desirable)
• Data modelling and experience (desirable)
• Basic accountancy and financial skills (desirable)
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Power Point
• Ability to work with middle management
The typical person will have worked at one of the major banks or strategy consulting ‘houses’, but with a particular interest in fast growth businesses in growth market sectors. The person can deal with ambiguity and change and possess a natural attitude to deal with these.
1. Degree for top-ranked university; post-graduate degree highly desirable
2. Experience at top-tier strategy house of; exposure to fast-growing businesses
3. Eligibility to work in UK/EU without sponsorship