Login to Start Application
The Commodity Trader is responsible for actively managing the commodity supply chain, sourcing for new buyers and suppliers, maintaining existing customer relationships while working with upper management to convey market trends and pricing analytics.
1. Source, trade and quote product for assigned categories.
2. Monitor and study both current and historical trends related to pricing and production.
3. Work with Senior Commodity Manager and operations developing new sales channels.
4. Define, negotiate and maintain supplier/buyer terms of sale, contracts and receivables
5. Establish, maintain and grow strategic supplier relationships
6. Clear and frequent market communication (both written and verbal) with senior management
7. Reviews buying trends, identifying market and product growth opportunities.
8. Other duties as assigned by company management.
Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree in Math or Applied Science preferred and/or related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required: 5 yrs purchasing and negotiation experience.
Special skills required: Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills, organization, negotiation, solid Excel, Power Point and CRM (ACT or SalesForce) required. Sound commodity market analysis skills
Special knowledge preferred: recycling, renewable or energy experience