Corporate Strategy Manager
Login to Start Application
The Corporate Strategy team shapes the strategic direction of the company, with a strong focus on driving growth. The team serves as advisors to company leaders and addresses the key questions facing senior management, the board, and the company’s operating units. The team is also responsible for shaping the company’s strategic plans, anticipating opportunities and threats, and prioritizing initiatives and investments.
This is a uniquely exciting time to join The company’s growing Corporate Strategy team. Following the recent completion of a multi-billion dollar merger, the company is poised for its next phase of growth. The Manager will lead key projects to drive The company’s evolution through this next phase, including its market, product, integration and overall strategy.
Projects are typically highly analytical in nature, range in duration from 1-6 months, and include close collaboration with Product, Marketing, Sales and Operations groups. The role of Corporate Strategy is to structure the project and provide problem-solving leadership, conduct analysis and research, develop recommendations, and communicate well-articulated conclusions to Senior Management. The Manager will have the opportunity for significant exposure to The company’s leaders and potential for multiple advancement opportunities within the Corporate Strategy team and in other parts of the organization.
The Manager will be expected to lead some projects independently and to drive critical analysis and research for certain larger projects. Doing so will require: (1) excellent strategic problem solving and quantitative analysis skills, (2) the ability to conduct complex strategic analyses with limited guidance, and (3) the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions. A Manager must be well organized, proficient in Microsoftand PowerPoint, have a strong analytical background and must have excellent oral and written communications skills. A Manager must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Excellent strategic problem solving and quantitative analysis capabilities
• Ability to conduct strategic analyses with limited guidance
• Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record as a team player with strong business ethics
• Knowledge of telecommunications, technology or related industries would be a strong addition
Education and Experience
• MBA degree or an advanced degree in a financial, quantitative or technical field
• 2-3 years pre-MBA experience in a top-tier strategy consulting firm or corporate strategy group
• Record of success and top-tier achievement in prior education and work experiences