Login to Start Application
EMFI Sovereign Analyst
As part of the Emerging Markets Fixed Income team, the Sovereign Analyst will be responsible for
sovereign research and trade modeling. He/she will perform credit analyses of sovereign countries
globally and will generate portfolio and security analyses for the team.
* Analyze and assess international policy developments and assess the creditworthiness of
sovereign governments globally, focusing primarily on emerging markets countries.
* Identify economic, financial and political risk factors.
* Conduct surveillance of issuers and track evolving risk conditions.
* Participate in discussions with senior government officials, private sector representatives and
* Bachelor's degree, with a major or significant course work in economics or one of the exact
* MBA or equivalent degree and 3-5 years sovereign credit analysis is preferred.
* or candidacy is preferred.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
* Familiarity with third-party data providers (e.g. Bloomberg).
* Ability to present investment ideas effectively and clearly.
* Ability to prioritize time and tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
* Good command of written and spoken English.
* Aptitude for quantitative analysis.
* Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Team-oriented, but able to work independently.
* Strong sense of integrity and professionalism.