Login to Start Application
EMFI Sovereign Analyst
As part of the Emerging Markets Fixed Income team, the Sovereign Analyst will be responsible for
sovereign research and trade modeling. He/she will perform credit analyses of sovereign countries
globally and will generate portfolio and security analyses for the team.
• Analyze and assess international policy developments and assess the creditworthiness of
sovereign governments globally, focusing primarily on emerging markets countries.
• Identify economic, financial and political risk factors.
• Conduct surveillance of issuers and track evolving risk conditions.
• Participate in discussions with senior government officials, private sector representatives and
• Bachelor’s degree, with a major or significant course work in economics or one of the exact
• MBA or equivalent degree and 3-5 years sovereign credit analysis is preferred.
• or candidacy is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with third-party data providers (e.g. Bloomberg).
• Ability to present investment ideas effectively and clearly.
• Ability to prioritize time and tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Aptitude for quantitative analysis.
• Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Team-oriented, but able to work independently.
• Strong sense of integrity and professionalism.