EMFI Sovereign Analyst- Los Angeles
Login to Start Application
EMFI Sovereign Analyst
As part of the Emerging Markets Fixed Income team, the Sovereign Analyst will be responsible for
sovereign research and trade modeling. He/she will perform credit analyses of sovereign countries
globally and will generate portfolio and security analyses for the team.
• Analyze and assess international policy developments and assess the creditworthiness of
sovereign governments globally, focusing primarily on emerging markets countries.
• Identify economic, financial and political risk factors.
• Conduct surveillance of issuers and track evolving risk conditions.
• Participate in discussions with senior government officials, private sector representatives and
• Bachelor’s degree, with a major or significant course work in economics or one of the exact
• MBA or equivalent degree and 3-5 years sovereign credit analysis is preferred.
• CFA or candidacy is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with third-party data providers (e.g. Bloomberg).
• Ability to present investment ideas effectively and clearly.
• Ability to prioritize time and tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Aptitude for quantitative analysis.
• Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Team-oriented, but able to work independently.
• Strong sense of integrity and professionalism.