Login to Start Application
Funds Finance Manager-Southern California - New York City Offices
We are seeking an individual with a strong finance background, preferably in the investment management industry, as well as a proven project and process manager. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills as there will be regular interactions with senior management.
* Perform various financial analyses and modeling including profitability and breakeven analysis, comparison of costs under various assumptions.
* Review and document current workflows and controls, identify areas for improvement, review recommendations with management, establish/augment procedures, measure results.
* Review and management of invoice payments processes.
* Actively work with third-parties that support and supply with financial information. Maximize those interactions and the contributions of the third-parties.
* Develop and analyze budgets; calculate and recommend accrual amounts.
* Develop enhanced and automated methods to extract financial data from various systems and distill it into relevant management reporting.
* 5-10 years relevant financial experience, preferably within the investment management industry. Experience with revenue and expense oversight/management, budgeting, accruals, financial controls and management reporting.
* Bachelor's degree in finance or related field, MBA or preferred
* Solid understanding of investment management industry, fund and fee structures
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong project management skills; ability to meet deadlines while managing several projects simultaneously
* Strong automation/efficiency orientation
* Ability to consistently produce accurate, high quality results with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to work well both independently and in a team
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Proficiency with applications such as ReadSoft, CounselLink, or SAP a plus