Login to Start Application
Executive Assistant to the Managing Director
Let me start by informing you that the title "Assistant to the Managing Director" does not do justice to what this position will actually be. While in essence you will be assisting the Founder and Managing Director of this NY-based financial research and analytics firm, you will actually be acting as his “right-hand”: providing strategic input, which you may be called upon to implement with nimble and creative execution.
If you are asking yourself, what are my hours, then, with all due respect, you are not the right fit for this opportunity. This unique position is for someone of exquisite and sophisticated intelligence, possessing a worldview, acute adaptability, and, maybe more critically, a desire to build an extraordinary career for him or herself.
The successful finalist will not be reporting to the kind of person who is the usual chief corporate executive. This Managing Director is a visionary mathematician, generating new ideas at the most unusual and odd hours. As well, you will find him to be energetic, charismatic, entertaining, and even captivating. While you most likely will not save the world from its evils or self-immolation, in this position you will nevertheless be part of something extraordinary, life altering, and assist in generating significant amount of revenue. This is an incredible opportunity for a proven professional with a dedicated work ethic to leverage influential business relationships while contributing to a performance-driven team.
As you may have gathered, the person selected for this position must be highly intelligent, flexible to work overtime, travel extensively, domestically and internationally, and must be available on iPhone 24/7. Scrupulous organization skills, a high level of discretion, and sophisticated communication skills for frequent high profile interaction are required.
- Support the executive branch in the daily operations of the Company; provide strategic support and utilize excellent judgment to make independent decisions, always keeping the preferences of the executive in mind;
- Collaborate with this firm’s range of contacts to take the lead on one-of-a-kind special projects;
- Extensive calendar management, including scheduling meetings and events;
- Organize all travel needs and prepare complex travel itineraries; travel with the executive to most locations;
- Prepare expense reports on a monthly basis;
- Review and monitor Company documents and rectify inaccuracies; maintain accurate documentation and filing systems;
- Conduct extensive online research;
- Comprise and deliver timely reports and summaries on a wide range of topics pertaining to Company operations.
- College graduate is a must; top university is highly preferred;
- Must be detail-oriented and proactive in every approach;
- Must be self-motivated, intellectually curious, and have a global perspective on business opportunities;
- Must have a keen eye for detail, an understanding of who’s who in New York, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Well-developed business sense and a dedicated work ethic to deliver high standards of excellence;
- Financial Services experience preferred; investment banking experience is a major plus;
- Foreign language(s) a plus;
- Thick skin to work alongside strong personalities and be poised under pressure in a deadline-driven environment;
- Dynamic, mature-minded individual, who will take ownership of all responsibilities to anticipate all needs;
- Comfortable handling confidential documents and information, including abiding by and executing confidentiality protocols;
- Must be facile in all forms of written and spoken communications.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks:
- Salary commensurate with experience: up to $110k base + discretionary bonus;
- Paid meals every day;
- Company-provided Mac laptop and iPhone;
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits;
- Many more...
It is not just experience, but also personal qualities that we look for during the interview and hiring process.
We value people who are:
- Excellent problem-solvers with strong analytical abilities;
- Self-starters who are committed to success for the long term;
- Exceptional communicators – both written and verbal communication skills are key;
- Intellectually curious;
- Strong team players that also thrive individually.
This world-class firm offers a team-oriented work environment and a fantastic mentor and boss. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file. Thank you for your potential interest in this career opportunity.
The Company does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
EEOC/Drug Free Workplace
To Recruiting Agencies: Please note that the Company does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from staffing agencies or search firms. Any resumes submitted by staffing agencies or search firms via the Company’s website or directly to hiring managers will be considered unsolicited resumes, and the Company will not be responsible for or pay any placement, referral, or other fees in connection with these submissions, even if the Company hires the candidate.