Investment Banking Analyst
Login to Start Application
Our client is a boutique investment banking and restructuring firm offering advisory services related to mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and financial restructuring. In addition, the
Firm has the ability to take equity participation in select transactions. The company and its professionals have executed transactions in a wide variety of industries, including restaurant, food, consumer products, real estate, retail and agriculture.
Analysts are considered critical members of each deal team and will have the opportunity to work closely with senior professionals on a variety of transaction types. Candidates should have an exceptional undergraduate record and 1 to 3 years of work experience. Special consideration is given to candidates with “Big 4” accounting experience, and local candidates are preferred.
This is a pre-MBA position. The firm will assist analysts seeking an
MBA in the application process.
ANALYST ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Gather and interpret pertinent financial, strategic and operating data
• Create the “books” (all materials needed for meetings, pitches, presentations, conference calls, etc.)
• Basic deal processing (mechanical deal functions as well as firm memos and procedures)
• Conduct industry research
• Support team members whenever necessary to meet client goals
• Edit all work for accuracy and precision
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF POTENTIAL ANALYST CANDIDATES
• Quantitative and Technical Skills: Fundamental grasp of accounting and corporate finance theory; competent
with financial ratio analysis and forecasting; familiarity with valuation and pro forma analysis; able to draw
conclusions from quantitative analysis.
• Research Skills: Able to research topics thoroughly using both standard and creative resources; able to
synthesize information and present clear, concise conclusions.
• Computer and Modeling Skills: Highly proficient with , Word and Powerpoint, able to build
spreadsheets and , pro forma analysis, etc.
• Written and Presentation Skills: Able to write and present in a clear, concise and persuasive manner; able to
use exhibits creatively to present and support conclusions.
• Accuracy: Focused on high level of accuracy and attention to detail in both quantitative and qualitative work
and presentations; allows for time to check work at every stage of a process.
• Teamwork: Works well within assigned project teams; accessible to and respectful of all team members,
regardless of relative seniority; willing to train and mentor others; strives to be a value added resource to other
groups throughout the firm.
• Work Ethic and Attitude: Dedicated to accomplishing goals; strives for excellence; maintains a positive
attitude through stressful situations.
• Time Management: Able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities; able to follow through
and meet deadlines; able to manage expectations appropriately; able to use firm’s resources efficiently. Thinks
ahead to identify any obstacles and to enhance likelihood of success.
• Personal Characteristics: Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, maturity, intellectual curiosity, initiative
and good judgment; takes pride of ownership for wins and accountability for losses/mistakes; knows when to
ask for help.