Investment Banking Associate
Login to Start Application
We are seeking an experienced professional to support the industry investment banking groups. Associates assume meaningful roles in business development and deal execution and work directly with Managing Directors and senior management. Associates are given broad-based and in-depth exposure to exciting growth companies and their managers and Board of Directors.
Associates are key members of an investment banking team and are typically responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple projects. Specific duties include: creating, managing, and effectively explaining complex; assembling client or prospect presentations; and producing descriptive memoranda.Outstanding candidates will have the ability to out detailed analysis and research, and then champion ideas for potential strategic combinations and acquisition targets to Industry Bankers. Associates are expected to maintain regular dialogue with our client’s management teams.
• Develop familiarity with industry and related companies.
• Assist in preparation of written industry and company specific reports.
• Assist in development of for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, , and quarterly projections for client engagements.
• Assist banking teams with identifying potential strategic and financial suitors for client engagements; support with industry research for memorandums and technical knowledge related to clients and prospects.
• Conductvarious financial and valuation analyses including publicly-traded comparables, precedent M&A transactions, discounted cash flow and EPS accretion/dilution analyses.
• Prepare pitch books for prospect meetings.
• Manage collection, organizationand review of due diligence materials.
• Prior experience related to mergers, acquisitions, or OR prior experience as an equity or industry research analyst OR prior experience in the Life Sciences/ Healthcare industry.
• PC skills sufficient to create Word documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations.
• Exceptional writing skills to efficiently produce reports in a concise and timely manner.
• Communication skills to effectively summarize, explain, and field questions about important industry, company, and market-related developments.
• Quantitative and analytical skills sufficient to assist in the development of corporate financial projections and equity valuation metrics. Familiarity with financial statement analysis is required.
• Salesmanship and public-speaking skills are a plus given the need to present strategic financing and acquisition strategies to clients.
• Organizational skills sufficient to perform duties with frequent interruptions and changes in response to client engagements.
• Must be able to work in an extremely fast paced environment with little supervision and meet critical deadlines
• Experience with Capital IQ
• Attention to detail
MSF or MBA,or Bachelor’s Degree and progress toward a CFA charter (candidates not meeting these specific requirements, may be considered for an Analyst position)