Mezzanine Fund Analyst/Associate
Login to Start Application
A private investment fund that invests subordinated debt and preferred equity in the media, telecommunications, education and business services industries. With two funds and $280 million under management, a leader in providing subordinated debt and preferred equity capital to these sectors and an active portfolio manager. It typically invests from $5 to $15 million, and up to $30 million with co-investors. It is affiliated with a nationally renowned communications consulting, valuation and research firm specializing in both traditional and new digital media together with telecommunications; headquartered in Chantilly, VA a suburb of Washington, D.C. another affiliate, is anand registered broker-dealer, that provides strategic financial advice and arranges private debt and equity for clients in amounts ranging from $10 to $200 million in these same industries.
I. Assist Fund partners as needed (90+% time allocation).
•Evaluate potential investments.
•Perform initial financial analysis and forecasting.
•Attend client meetings and participate in conference calls.
•Assist with due diligence.
•Prepare investment memorandum.
• committed investments and prepare quarterly valuations.
•Prepare analysis and communication for Limited Partners and leverage sources.
II. Research segments within the media, telecommunications, education and business services industries in which the firm currently focuses or desires to focus in the future. •Identify current and future industry trends.
•Identify and research target firms within identified industry segments.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills.
• Strong computer skills: spreadsheet, word processing, PowerPoint, database, and Internet research.
• Self-starter who demonstrates maturity and high integrity.
• Able to build trust among clients and colleagues.
• Intelligent, creative, flexible, confident.
• Extremely personable - in person, on phone, within Company and externally.
• One – two years of relevant work at a commercial bank, accounting firm, or firm.
• Undergraduate Bachelor's degree in Business required, preferably with a Finance or Accounting concentration.