Private Equity Associate
Login to Start Application
Our Company is a fast-growing private equity firm that makes for-profit equity investments in microfinance institutions and other social enterprises located in the developing world. The Company is a leader in the Impact Investment space, currently managing over $140 million through two funds and several one-off social investments.
There are three main components to a Private Equity Associate’s role at the Company:
1. Evaluating and pursuing new investments: identifying potential targets; performing detailed on-site due diligence and business analysis; reviewing and analyzing materials; writing investment summary reports; performing market research; assisting in valuation, modeling and deal terms negotiation.
2. Monitoring Creation’s portfolio companies: compiling and analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual financials from Creation’s portfolio companies; providing on-site assistance to the businesses when needed; participating in calls with management; evaluating exit opportunities when they arise; ongoing reporting.
3. Assisting with Fund administration: assisting in tracking, reporting and managing communications to our current and potential investors.
As a lean, entrepreneurial company, flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherever needed is critical.
* College degree with demonstrated academic excellence
* 2 years of investment banking, or commercial banking experience
* Expert in , accounting and
* High competency working with Microsoft Office, including , Powerpoint and Word
* Self-starter who enjoys an entrepreneurial atmosphere
* Experience traveling or living abroad in lesser developed countries
* Ability to learn quickly and to work both independently and as part of a team
* Acts with the utmost integrity at all times
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* High internal motivation and attention to detail
* Willingness / Ability to travel frequently
* Fluency or business proficiency in Spanish
* US Citizen with valid passport
* Knowledge and familiarity with microfinance and international development work
* Shared commitment to the social mission
Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience
* Benefits include medical insurance, dental, and 401(k) participation
* Bonus and profit sharing eligible
Why The Company?:
* Private equity training and experience
* Social impact investing experience
* Emerging markets travel
* Commitment to work / life balance
* Opportunities for career advancement
* Use your marketplace skills for a deeper purpose