- Long term, which career path interests you the most? - 1194 votes - open
- 2015 Interns - how would you describe your summer internship experience? - 568 votes - open
- WSO - what's the main reason you wouldn't watch one of our webinars? - 92 votes - open
- What's your current monkey status? - 736 votes - open
- How many hours per week do you spend at the office? - 962 votes - open
- What's your favorite suit color for work? - 320 votes - open
- What's your favorite possession? - 674 votes - open
- Men: Besides a watch, which fashion accessory (for work attire) do you most care about? - 459 votes - open
- What would it take for you to stay in IB long enough to become a VP? - 452 votes - open
- What do you (or did you) see yourself doing after 2-3 years as an IB Analyst? - 484 votes - open
- Who will win the superbowl? - 229 votes - open
- Who is the 2014 WSO Member of the Year? (voting ends Jan 6th) - 385 votes - closed
- What's your favorite finance related book? - 1026 votes - open
- Who will win the superbowl this season? - 149 votes - closed
- What's your go to energy stimulant when you need an extra boost for work/study? - 1495 votes - open
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer! There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully...
- No surprise here. This trend is only going to accelerate, as hedge funds and asset management firms hire brilliant computer scientists for research and investing roles. It will be interesting to...
- I think this would be very helpful for MBA candidates. I'll shoot first . Was in Chicago visiting Kellogg and Booth, met a handful of current students (& alum) and learned something I found...
- From Bloomberg:"Many people in the sector still believe they should be paid entrepreneurial wages for turning up to work with a regular salary, a pension and probably a health-care scheme and playing...
- We are looking for several talented student writers / young professionals to contribute posts to WSO with the goal of raising the level of quality of content in our forums and on the frontpage....
- I worked as a management consultant for 4 years. I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations. I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. See...
- I've received an offer for a 6 month M&A internship where the best interns are hired full time. Having met the other candidates, my competition, I'm concerned that I might be out of my depth. A...
- Mod Note (Andy): See the great comment below by user APAE At risk of sounding totally entitled and arrogant, I'm just gonna ask it the way it is... I'm 20 and have have inherited enough money that I...
- For 24 hours only (until 2pm ET Saturday 11/28/15), WSO is offering 50% off access to our video library which is full of 100+ Exclusive Finance Videos, including mock interviews and ALL of our...
- I am currently interning at big bank and will be attending my first office holiday celebration. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the most of this or advice on how to navigate this kind...
- Hello all monkeys, During the last couple of weeks many doors have opened to me and I'm full of doubts about what should I do. My main objective in the medium term (1-2-3 years) is to be in London...
- So I just signed a contract with JPMorgan for a summer internship in "Global Treasury Services" and was wondering which classes at University I could take to do good during the internship and...
- Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted on 1/21/14. To see all of our top content from the past, click here. I think intellectually we all know that the game is rigged, and it's...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1194