- How many hrs/week (on avg) do you invest in growing your career (networking, reading, studying modeling/excel, CFA/GMAT, etc) - 767 votes - open
- Interns - How has your summer internship been so far? - 577 votes - open
- What are you up to this summer? - 944 votes - open
- How was your bonus? - 392 votes - open
- What are your plans over the holiday? - 51 votes - open
- 2013 College Graduates: Do you have a FT Job? - 187 votes - open
- Why would you NOT go to the 2013 WSO Conference? - 53 votes - open
- What's your #1 priority this summer? - 200 votes - open
- MBA Class of 2015 Results - 283 votes - open
- UPDATE: How has SA recruiting gone for you? - 354 votes - open
- How is SA recruiting going for you? - 487 votes - open
- What is the 2012 WSO Forum Post of the Year (tiebreaker) - 64 votes - closed
- What is the 2012 Forum Post of the Year? (Links for each post are in comments) - 157 votes - closed
- Who is the 2012 WSO Member of the Year? (Poll ends Jan 20th) - 355 votes - closed
- What are your holiday plans? - 410 votes - open
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted on 1/21/14. To see all of our top content from the past, click here. I think intellectually we all know that the game is rigged, and it's...
- I've heard from some people that they had trouble finding out how to sign up for this list. Add your name/email to the form inside the post and you'll be notified of future webinars. FYI I email...
- I've been hearing chatter from highly placed people in the Consulting Industry that AT Kearney (first) and Bain & Co (second) do not have scale to survive on their own and might be bought out by...
- So I'm a skinny guy and over the summer I gained 10+ pounds due to a pretty lax schedule. However, now things are a bit busier. I'm wanting to buy a set of adjustable dumbbells. I was wanting a...
- I was told that my superday is going to be in January but I had my phone screen 2 weeks ago (with a BB). Anyone know why they put me on a superday this late?
- About a year ago as a sophomore microbiology major I opened a brokerage account after a TD Ameritrade commercial caught my eye. I figured the average return of the S&P was better for my small...
- Hi, Few weeks ago, I was contacted by a major investment bank Fixed income sales division. Last week, I got an full-time offer and I will start to work next July. To be honest, I do not have...
- Maybe you've been here, maybe you haven't. I've been recruiting for mostly S&T, a little bit of IB and at this point, anything to get me into finance. I'm in my last year at a target in Canada,...
- How much does lifestyle (hours) improve moving from 3rd year analyst to 1st year associate? Do associates still get crushed and have absolutely no life?
- The Mossack Fonseca Group recently planted over 1,000 seedlings in Camino de Cruces National Park as a part of National Reforestation Day and the "Alliance for a Million." Panama City, Panama -...
- WSO is now accepting applications to be a Campus Rep at your university for the second semester of the 2015-16 school year. We currently have 52 reps signed up but would love to add 15-20 more. We...
- Hi Monkeys, I will be an Investment Banking Summer Analyst at BX/LAZ/HLHZ this summer in the Restructuring group. After my 2 years as an Analyst, I would pursue a career at a top distressed debt...
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many...
- Hey all, Long time member facing a bit of a career dilemma. Situation: - Target -> Consulting (non MBB) -> PE portfolio mgmt -> Top B-school -> (Offers to go back to old PE fund or a HF...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1192