Do you have an advanced degree?
Yes, MBA only
8% (31 votes)
Yes, MSF only
12% (49 votes)
Yes, CFA only
5% (22 votes)
Yes, CFP only
1% (3 votes)
Yes, CPA only
4% (18 votes)
Yes, CAIA only
1% (3 votes)
Yes MBA, and CFA and/or CPA and/or CFP and/or CAIA
5% (21 votes)
Yes MSF, and CFA and/or CPA and/or CFP and/or CAIA
3% (12 votes)
Yes, 2 or more of the following: CFA/CPA/CFP/CAIA (but no MBA/MSF)
1% (6 votes)
No, I do not have one of the above-mentioned advanced degrees
60% (245 votes)
Total votes: 410
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- What's your current advanced degree status? (mba / msf / cfa /cfp / phd / equivalent)
- Hedge Funds: MBA vs. MSF vs. CFA vs. CAIA
- CFA worth it if I have a top MSF/CPA?
- License & Certificate make me sick!! Need your advice. (CFA, CMT, CFP, CHP...)
- I need help.... CFA or a 2º degree?
- How much do you think having an MSF would help getting into a top MBA prog?
- Will banks pay for J.D / M.B.A joint degree?
- Will banks pay for J.D / M.B.A joint degree?
- <em>Mod note (Andy): Throwback Thursday, this post originally went up on 3/2/12.</em> In the past few months, I've been approached on a few occasions by college-aged folks asking the typical question: how to succeed on the street from a less-than-stellar undergrad background....
- Long time lurker, but first time poster here looking for advice. So anyways, I graduated from a non-target, but very well respected school last year with a finance degree. Despite having a 3.87, two boutique PE <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- This is the next book review in a series of installments that will be coming from <a href="http://www.deconstructingexcellence.com/">DeconstructingExcellence.com</a>. See my other book summaries on WSO <a...
- Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to share my background and answer questions for those interested. Background: 7 years of investment research experience prior to b-school, mostly in equities (some credit) with half of that on the buyside at a hedge fund; sectors...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on twitter at @dailydirtnap</em> Some context is needed. Yes, I...
- Ouch.... Will this happen at any other banks or just RBS? Anyone personally affected by this? Is RBS a sinking ship? From NYT Dealbook: [quote]“Hearing from incoming summer analysts (now soon to be full-time hires) that their offers were rescinded and they were all given a 10k...
- That was, in my opinion, the GOAT time period for music: - Incubus - Staind - Vertical Horizon - Linkin Park - Puddle of Mudd - Nirvana - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Lenny Kravitz Etc. Every time I just lay back and listen to any of the above I have an eargasm. Post your favorite...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- <em>Mod note: Best of Eddie, this was originally posted on 2/11/14.</em> God, I love the free market. This is absolutely hilarious. Call me old fashioned, but I look back with fondness on the days when a guy could walk into just about any strip club and witness the cold war...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. <strong><a...
- For occasion, 1 people may talked unfavorably about your company and you begin to believe that perhaps he was correct. After a whilst, an additional people would speak some other terrifying things...
- Hi, I am an incoming Citi FT 1st yr analyst trying to get a place in Manhattan. Since I do not have any background living in NYC before, I need your help. (I already searched through the site for...
- When you do the numerical reasoning online test, do the banks take into account your CV in order to go into the next round or they just reject the ones who didn't make it to score at their bare...
- Hi- long time lurker, first time poster. I landed in Equity Research out of undergrad at a firm ranked between 5-10 in the Institutional Investor equity research poll covering an energy subsector. I...
- Hi guys, I was wondering if there are any top positions(high finance, industry, etc.) that require no travelling with a car. I don't mind flying/taking a cab, etc. For personal and physical reasons,...
- Will a bank ever bs and say you're still in the running when that's not the case after you followed up just because they don't like to be bothered with more questions? Also when does the situation...
- Hi, could someone enlighten me on what exactly I'd be doing in an "Asset/Liability Analyst" position. It seems somewhat back office with little mobility. Please let me know your thoughts. I was...
- This summer I'll be beginning my career in big 4 consulting in NYC and with rent for a 1 BR at $2000, I was wondering if any consultants used Airbnb to rent out their space Monday-Thursday....
- Hi WSO, I created a new login to protect my identity. I took an offer within a Big 4 MC group in January. I was recruited into a product group from industry as a Sr Asso, ( I'm post-MBA). I...
- What would you consider to be the "standard" as far as benefits go as an entry financial analyst at a F500? Things like insurance, PTO, retirement, etc.
- I've had a number of discussions with people on this site asking me about my experience with HBS's 2+2 program and I've decided to create a post to consolidate that discussion. First a little bit of...
- Hi everyone, So, I wanted to ask for some advice on how I can write, on my resume, about a job I have that has, at times, paid me, and not paid me. I took up an opportunity with one of my professors...
- Both internships are located in Frankfurt and have the same duration (6 months). After that, I will do another 6-month internship and then a summer internship (preferrably in the Bulge Bracket). It...
- Obviously a lot of people in finance travel into the city from the suburbs. I was just wondering what do you guys do on the train to and from work?
- Just wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about this company. It'd be really helpful. Thanks.
What's your favorite possession?
TV / Entertainment system
Clothing & accessories
Laptop / tablet
Xbox One / PS4 etc
Stereo / audio equipment
Nothing, I'm a broke student
Other (add to comments)
Total votes: 40