How many hrs/week (on avg) do you invest in growing your career (networking, reading, studying modeling/excel, CFA/GMAT, etc)
None - I'm already perfect
9% (72 votes)
up to 1 hour
7% (53 votes)
12% (90 votes)
25% (189 votes)
20% (155 votes)
11% (87 votes)
16% (121 votes)
Total votes: 767
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): See his original post here: "<a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/hey-you-ocr-little-fcksL">HEY you OCR little f*cks</a>" </em> all schools are apparently filled with tweedledees and tweedle f*cking dums because all of...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy) - Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted 2/28/12</em> Tried the search function, but couldn't find anything. I am a senior at a non-target. I wasn't able to get into banking. So I am considering alternatives to make some cash (high...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- My content intern @Lucas_M" is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check out our <a...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> With Valentine's Day two short weeks away, some of your girlfriends are no doubt ratcheting up the pressure on you to pop the question on the most romantic day of the year. Maybe you...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- Hey guys, so we hear of pretty crazy, competitive situations in nearly all levels: professional sports, high schools, university, and of course the workplace. There's examples everywhere: whether it's Michael Jordan ruining friendships over a game or the latest Tiger Mom shelling out...
- In the old days many people perceived joining Wall Street was a golden ticket. They figured if you put your head down and work hard your career can be whatever you want it to be. Some thought they...
- I wrote this because while the other OCR thread was hilarious (and accurate), I wanted to reach out to those who may still be struggling even though they are doing everything right. This applies to...
- Interesting article in the NY Times today about the workload in Investment Banking and recent suicides (link inside the post). Deaths Draw Attention to Wall Street's Grueling Pace In retrospect,...
- Ready to tackle the toughest private equity interview questions? Recruiting season is right around the corner and just in time we've released version 2.0 of our popular PE interview Prep Pack. This...
- I've heard from some people that they had trouble finding out how to sign up for this list. Add your name/email to the form inside the post and you'll be notified of future webinars. FYI I email...
- Does anyone have any advice or experiences they could share about anxiety at work? If you do experience it at work, is it only involved with work or is it something you battle with regardless (e.g....
- Undergoing recruitment is a very stressful process and one term that is constantly thrown at your face is "networking". With the pressure to network, students attend career fairs and networking...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. See...
- Happy to answer any consulting-related questions. I'm currently being sponsored by Deloitte S&O for my MBA. In consulting I focused on M&A in Life Sciences, working on deals from $350M to $4B...
- ugh, how much does this piss you off? Is this what some students in debt really think?! fwiw: i'm very liberal on social matters, fiscally conservative, but this makes me want to punch someone...
- I would love to hear different people's opinions on this topic. I have talked with several different people recently and many seem to think we are approaching the end of this cycle (maybe less than...
- AMA - I work in corporate development at a professional services company (Fortune 500) in NYC. My career path to corp dev is non-traditional and didn't involve IB but may be of some help to a couple...
- Hi, I currently have two offers .. short background with me, graduated without an IB offer out of undergrad, took a job in macro research for 1 year, and am looking to switch. Basically, there is a...
- There are various web website places realistic which can be giving valuable data on Movers and Packers inside Delhi and some of the significant spots on the great region like given that Indian. On...
- We are excited to announce a brand new new and improved 2015 investment banking interview Prep Pack, just in time for recruiting season! As always, we keep improving our resources at least once a...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 490