How many hrs/week (on avg) do you invest in growing your career (networking, reading, studying modeling/excel, CFA/GMAT, etc)
None - I'm already perfect
9% (72 votes)
up to 1 hour
7% (53 votes)
12% (90 votes)
25% (189 votes)
20% (155 votes)
11% (87 votes)
16% (121 votes)
Total votes: 767
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Confidence matters. Often it matters more than whether or not you’re actually qualified. Hewlett Packard discovered this years ago… They were researching the discrepancy between men and women in upper management. Sexism was certainly a potential factor. But they found another factor...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- Finished SA recruiting at a top target school and came away with these offers in NY. MS and BAML are generalist offers so I wouldn't know what group I'll be placed into. Greenhill & PWP are...
- Talking about MBA level FT recruiting, for North American offices. If selected for round 1 interview, what % move on to 2nd/final rounds and what % of those who moved on to 2nd/final rounds got...
- Some students are privileged to have the freedom to have their own space either provided by their parents or availed at their own will and means. Yet, either way, being a student would usually mean...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot...
- I am a junior from an extreme non-target state school, with interest in consulting. I am applying for summer internships and have one MBB referral, but I want to have options in case I don't end up...
- I am graduating next month with a degree in Finance, from a non-target school. I'm extremely interested in joining an FLDP program, but am running into some serious barriers. The main barriers being...
- Hey guys, just joined up and am looking forward to learning a lot more about the industry. Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!
- Hey Wall Street oasis, I've known about your guys' site for like 5-6 years but this is my first time posting and making a serious thread. Basically I want to be a banker, I want to get through...
- The Purchase Marriott International, one of the world's largest hoteliers, agreed to acquire Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. for $12.2 billion. To be precise, Marriott is going to shell...
- Hi All, Do you think there are risks joining a LevFin team as an Analyst 1 in the current climate - e.g. interest rate rises, volatility - for MM shop in London? I have seen some deals pulled and low...
- Hello, My resume is terrible at the moment. I decided to major in Finance the year I was supposed to graduate (undergrad), so I am taking an extra year. I don't have much relevant experience besides...
- Does anyone know anything about the Advisory Board Company? How is it perceived; what are the exit opp and b-school placement?
- Hewlett Packard (HP) is no longer the same old company as we might remember it, well at least not all of it! After 76 years HP has put an end to an era where it was a single tech company and has...
- we are one of the best movers and packers in pune
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1180