What are you up to this summer?
27% (259 votes)
Same ol' same ol' with current employer
14% (129 votes)
Other finance related internship
13% (121 votes)
Internship or work - non-finance related
7% (70 votes)
17% (156 votes)
8% (75 votes)
5% (45 votes)
Summer before starting grad school
4% (42 votes)
5% (47 votes)
Total votes: 944
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Throwback Thursday - This was a originally posted June 2012</em> So the <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/searching-for-a-summer-internship">interns</a></span> are out in full...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Confidence matters. Often it matters more than whether or not you’re actually qualified. Hewlett Packard discovered this years ago… They were researching the discrepancy between men and women in upper management. Sexism was certainly a potential factor. But they found another factor...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- How do you turn someone down but without making it sound like "well, it is not you, you are a cool guy, but it is me, and I am not ready, blah blah blah..."? Last time, I said, "I am sorry, I am not...
- Kind of missed the boat with all the accelerated recruiting that happened this year. Which banks are still in the midst of recruiting? Thanks.
- Hey Guys, I am an undergrad student in my last year and I have interned at a private equity funds of fund that focused on the lower middle market. I have this idea that I would like to share and get...
- Anyone know anything about this group/the interview process? I've heard that Greenhill is rough on technicals, but this group doesn't seem very IB focused?
- I've heard Bocconi is reasonably well regarded in London. Wondering if someone could explain what the appeal is of the program and why it draws an international crowd. I'm not an EU national (...
- So I have two offers at the entry level analyst role, I was wondering which one you all think sounds better in terms of exit opportunities. 1. Corporate Banking at Citi in Houston (Energy) 2....
- Hi guys, I've been thinking about the following issue today: Say you have a company with $100m EBITDA, and you want to LBO it at EV = 10x EBITDA = $1bn. Let's also assume that your (you = the sponsor...
- Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!: Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a private equity resume template, click here.. For...
- Hi America! I am from Hong Kong, working as investment in a reinsurance company. And I am looking forward to working in PE industry in the future. I am now planning to get my MBA in USA and try for...
- Does anyone else start feeling depressed during holidays? I feel like my whole life stops when I am not working and do not have a schedule to tackle. Is it normal? What do people do during...
- Hi all, Was wondering if anyone had any insight on Greenhill's Real Assets Capital Advisory group; I was thinking of applying for a summer analyst role, and I was wondering if anyone could give me...
- Hello all, I'll try and keep this as short a possible I need some help deciding between two internship offers. But first, a little background about myself. I am a non-target, state university junior...
- Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer! There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully...
- I use IF statements for balance checks on my balance sheet: =IF(Asets - Liab. = OE, "OK","NO"). They all add up but for some cells, I'm getting the false value ("NO") even though A - L = OE (or A - L...
- Disappointing that pump & dumping microcap stocks is still very unregulated but I was curious how common it is for international hedge funds? I've heard stories of HF managers using it to their...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1175