Who is the 2012 WSO Member of the Year? (Poll ends Jan 20th)
In The Flesh
2% (6 votes)
7% (26 votes)
10% (34 votes)
27% (97 votes)
30% (108 votes)
3% (10 votes)
4% (15 votes)
12% (41 votes)
other (please comment)
5% (18 votes)
Total votes: 355
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Throwback Thursday - This was a originally posted June 2012</em> So the <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/searching-for-a-summer-internship">interns</a></span> are out in full...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Confidence matters. Often it matters more than whether or not you’re actually qualified. Hewlett Packard discovered this years ago… They were researching the discrepancy between men and women in upper management. Sexism was certainly a potential factor. But they found another factor...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted.com on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here is a message from Natalie who will be checking this thread every few days to make sure she is staying on top of questions: I'm here to answer any questions you...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with my perspective on how the business is changing and then moving on to posts on Valeant's business model and the runaway story...
- I recently joined my school's investment club as an equity research associate. I've performed company valuations and equity research, and will be including these on my resume. Can I include '...
- At risk of sounding totally entitled and arrogant, I'm just gonna ask it the way it is... I'm 20 and have have inherited enough money that I probably have a higher net worth than most MD's I would...
- Compiled a list of 10-15 small boutiques that I have applied for today and I know I need to cold-call/ email asap. A fellow wso'ER who's in ib and certified told me that it is ok to be more direct...
- Bonjour! I am currently an indian born US Citizen looking to gain experience in the financial sector of London. I go to a small private school in New York and I'm currently in my last year doing an...
- From Bloomberg:"Many people in the sector still believe they should be paid entrepreneurial wages for turning up to work with a regular salary, a pension and probably a health-care scheme and playing...
- All comments are appreciated. My goal is to move into equities, in Asset Management or equity research. Do I have a chance at all? What could I do? Thx in advance!
- Undergraduate senior at a ~top 50 undergrad B school looking for FT IBD Position starting next summer/fall. Asking for solid concrete advice to make this stronger in any way possible. Any suggestions...
- Selling Brand new iPhone 6s , iPhone 6 Unlocked /Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge with complete accessories sealed in original box never opened Comes with original receipt .Wholesales Prices on all Mobile...
- Good afternoon Monkeys, I just received news that I have a 1st round interview with Goldman Sachs for their Strats group. My understanding is that it is a general interview for Stats (not for desk,...
- I'm a freshman at UNC right now, and I'm looking to pursue NYC IB. Will having a low SAT math score (630) hurt me? I'm good at math, I got all As in advanced/AP math classes in high school, and I...
- Hello all, I am a senior at a public business school. I would say it is one of the strongest undergraduate targets in the Midwest. Recently, I was offered two positions: one with Deloitte as a...
- Anyone got thoughts on how the two programmes compare, or more broadly how you would rank the two banks in London?
- First year analyst at a BB. I recently took some time off to come home for Thanksgiving. While I'm here I decided to catch up with an associate who used to be in my group; we're from the same area...
- anyone have any insight in what it is like to work at a firm that invests via a separate account with an investment manager? i recently interviewed at a large institution that is investing from it'...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1164