Who is the 2012 WSO Member of the Year? (Poll ends Jan 20th)
In The Flesh
2% (6 votes)
7% (26 votes)
10% (34 votes)
27% (97 votes)
30% (108 votes)
3% (10 votes)
4% (15 votes)
12% (41 votes)
other (please comment)
5% (18 votes)
Total votes: 355
- <em>Mod note (Andy): Throwback Thursday, this post originally went up on 3/2/12.</em> In the past few months, I've been approached on a few occasions by college-aged folks asking the typical question: how to succeed on the street from a less-than-stellar undergrad background....
- Long time lurker, but first time poster here looking for advice. So anyways, I graduated from a non-target, but very well respected school last year with a finance degree. Despite having a 3.87, two boutique PE <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- This is the next book review in a series of installments that will be coming from <a href="http://www.deconstructingexcellence.com/">DeconstructingExcellence.com</a>. See my other book summaries on WSO <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on twitter at @dailydirtnap</em> Some context is needed. Yes, I...
- Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to share my background and answer questions for those interested. Background: 7 years of investment research experience prior to b-school, mostly in equities (some credit) with half of that on the buyside at a hedge fund; sectors...
- That was, in my opinion, the GOAT time period for music: - Incubus - Staind - Vertical Horizon - Linkin Park - Puddle of Mudd - Nirvana - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Lenny Kravitz Etc. Every time I just lay back and listen to any of the above I have an eargasm. Post your favorite...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- Hi, I finally got the book: Distressed Debt Analysis: Strategies for Speculative Investors PM me if you need it! Please let me know if you also have any interesting books, sharing is caring! :) Best, K
- <em>Mod note: Best of Eddie, this was originally posted on 2/11/14.</em> God, I love the free market. This is absolutely hilarious. Call me old fashioned, but I look back with fondness on the days when a guy could walk into just about any strip club and witness the cold war...
- Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. <strong><a...
- So I applied for a 100 IB and F500 internships online and didn't get an answer. Now I know networking is very important for somebody like me who goes to a school ranked in the 160's on U.S. News....
- 1L JD here, working in corp dev for 2015 Summer. If I choose to continue to pursue non-legal opportunities, should I be shooting for analyst or for associate positions? (I'm unsure just because...
- Anybody from Asia has some insight into Maybank IBD and its culture, deal flow etc.? Currently based out of Singapore Any info appreciated - thanks !
- Hey everyone, I've lurked a ton of threads on this website but this is my first post so I apologize if I'm not formatting this correctly. I know this topic has been beaten to hell and I've probably...
- Hi All, I'm currently at a non-target uni and have coursework and professional experience focused around finance. I'm interested in eventually transitioning into strategy consulting (or analytics)...
- Anyone know of any headhunting/recruiting agencies that specialize in IBD lateraling for analysts? I am aware that many of the agencies that do buyside recruiting also do some IBD recruiting, but was...
- Can acing a quantitative masters offset a mediocre undergrad GPA when recruiting for management consulting firms?
- Does anyone have any info about how Holy Cross places in BB IB FT/SA? Thanks
- Hi guys, A little bit of background: 3.1 GPA from well-respected but generally unknown university in Lebanon 3.5 GPA from WUSTL MSF; 710 GMAT (willing to retake - took it 4 years ago) Passed all 3...
- We have recently purchased a loss-making food and beverage business in Europe. Our plan was to rebuild this company. In terms of the revenue, they have Euro 5 - 20MN p.a. (deliberately vague, but for...
- Hello everyone, I'm a Canadian working at a small L/S fund in Toronto and want to make the move to the US. I'd appreciate any advice you guys may have. First a bit of background: I majored in...
- I'm a girl and I dyed my hair in high school. It's platinum blonde right now, but should I dye it back to black?
- I'm currently a Big Four auditor in London but wish to move into IB/ER after I finish my accounting qualification. My CV is a bit premature in the sense that I can't move quite yet but I would like...
- Hello All- Looking to obtain more information regarding UBS internships, and people who have interned there in the past. If you would be kind enough to provide daily tasks in addition to the work...
- Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on...
Men: Besides a watch, which fashion accessory (for work attire) do you most care about?
Shoes (in regards to the appearance aspect, not the functionality)
Tie / tie knot
Socks (w/ colors, patterns etc)
Pocket square / handkerchief
Eyewear (in regards to the appearance aspect, not the functionality)
Briefcase (or equivalent)
Don't care / Other (add to comments)
Total votes: 406