WSO: how's your love life?
Single, not looking
27% (120 votes)
29% (130 votes)
6% (27 votes)
In a relationship
27% (123 votes)
Engaged / Married
9% (40 votes)
2% (8 votes)
Total votes: 448
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Confidence matters. Often it matters more than whether or not you’re actually qualified. Hewlett Packard discovered this years ago… They were researching the discrepancy between men and women in upper management. Sexism was certainly a potential factor. But they found another factor...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- In case you missed them, here're some of last week's most popular topics: 5 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Consulting Post By @Alistair-ClarkI worked as a management consultant for 4 years and...
- Box Office Movie Platinum, Watch Creed Online Free Download Creed (2015) Movie Free Full HD Putlocker, Megashare, Viooz, etc. WATCH Creed Online Free Watch Creed Full movie 120mnt, without register...
- Hey monkeys, I'm looking into the GS SSG process and am curious as to what the thoughts on their internal groups are. They've made it more publicly available recently but the four teams are: 1. Multi...
- I am curious to know about which groups are best groups to work in at Jefferies, based on exit opps/ deal experience. I know everyone has a huge hard on for the HC and energy group at Jefferies, but...
- Hewlett Packard (HP) is no longer the same old company as we might remember it, well at least not all of it! After 76 years HP has put an end to an era where it was a single tech company and has...
- Hey everyone, Just looking for some basic employment info on Fredericks Michael and Co... I've been looking aggressively online for details but can't seem to find any. glass door has reviews but...
- Everything about their performance over the last 20-30+ years is absolutely amazing. I've been wondering how it is that they can do all of this? They've beaten the hell out of everybody since they've...
- Both are NYC Investment Banking. Leaning heavily towards UBS because of fit and because of DB's recent layoffs but want to hear more. Commentary on good groups at both also appreciated
- Hi Guys, I came across this, and similar worded paragraph, since the start of the debate on whether the Fed will raise rates this year or next: The probability the Fed will increase its benchmark by...
- I am currently back to the city I interned last summer for Thanksgiving and I'm wondering if it is appropriate to drop by the office impromptu to say hi? I will be joining them next year for full...
- Regarding Minneapolis... A lot of people's concerns is the weather. I actually don't like hot weather (although I know it gets hot in the summer) and would be dying in the Southwest heat. I love...
- We are excited to announce a brand new new and improved 2015 investment banking interview Prep Pack, just in time for recruiting season! As always, we keep improving our resources at least once a...
- Finished SA recruiting at a top target school and came away with these offers in NY. MS and BAML are generalist offers so I wouldn't know what group I'll be placed into. Greenhill & PWP are...
- Talking about MBA level FT recruiting, for North American offices. If selected for round 1 interview, what % move on to 2nd/final rounds and what % of those who moved on to 2nd/final rounds got...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1183