2013 summer analyst
- How to nail an interview
You have networked like a ninja. You’ve tapped all connections available. (Or you go to a target school or something of that nature.) You’ve read through WSO, M&I, WSJ, DealBook, and all relevant literature. Through persistence, dedication, etc. you ...
Forum topic - baabaablacksheep - Feb 10 2013 - 9:45pm - 15 comments
- SA 2013
So monkeys, The most painful season of IB recruiting has arrived for fellow juniors. I was wondering how many of you have actually received any offers from BB 's for an SA position, particularly on the west coast. Just wondering where everybody is ...
Forum topic - jungleboy - Jan 3 2013 - 7:25pm - 31 comments
- What Do I Do Now?
Can someone please give me some advice? I applied for IBD roles across all BB 's, elite boutiques, MM firms, Big4 etc- no luck (well- 1 top 3 BB IBD interview- dinged after round 2). ...
Forum topic - cujo.cabbie - Feb 3 2014 - 4:50am - 18 comments
- Bank of America GWIM US Trust Summer Analyst
So I got an offer for a summer analyst position with US Trust, BofA GWIM for this summer and was wondering if anyone had any information about the experience. It's in Boston and in the High Net Worth Group within GWIM. Thanks. ...
Forum topic - nideknil - Feb 21 2013 - 9:56pm - 6 comments
- Future SA who hasn't taken corp fin or accounting. How fucked am I?
Somehow I got an SA position at a great bank in NYC, but I'm not taking either of the mentioned courses until next year (didn't realize importance until it was too late). Is the learning curve going to be impossibly steep? Or does most SA work ...
Forum topic - black mamba22 - Feb 17 2013 - 8:35pm - 12 comments
- Duff and Phelps IB Chicago M&A summer analyst phone interview
Phone interview on monday. came out of nowhere, was not expecting this. non-target, 3.8, no IB experience. I have two internships in finance on my resume, one in PWM and one in investment operations, however not many transferable skills. They said it will ...
Forum topic - Mrbusiness - Feb 9 2013 - 8:52pm - 12 comments
- IBD SA Decision DB/JPM/BARCAP
DB (accept by 3/1) waiting on JPM alternate waiting on Barclays alternate Trying to hold out for as long as I can to see if jpm/barcap contact me. JPM is clearly #1, but I see db v. barcap as a toss-up. I like db's product groups. any opinions? ...
Forum topic - The Fisher Account - Feb 18 2013 - 2:00pm - 10 comments
- Rothschild vs Houlihan Lokey vs Deutsche Bank
Hi, Looking for input on these options, one of which I have an offer, the others which I believe I have an excellent chance. Rothschild and Houlihan would be for their restructuring groups. DB is not group specific. I am interested in both M&A and ...
Forum topic - distressedmergers - Jan 18 2013 - 4:08am - 13 comments
- Top Global Macro HF or MM IB for SA
Hi guys- I have been following the site since the fall, but wanted to wait to post a thread until I actually got offers. Quick background- I am from a non-target, but strong LAC school. I am studying abroad in Italy for 3 months starting in mid-February ...
Forum topic - amann219 - Jan 18 2013 - 11:15am - 12 comments
- Where would you go?
Let's assume IBD. Of these 'question mark' firms, where would you go for a SA spot. Rank the order in terms of current reputation, job security (or lack thereof), etc. KBW- recently sold to Stifel Miller Buckfire- also sold to Stifel ...
Forum topic - Black Jack - Jan 3 2013 - 9:45pm - 14 comments