- Navigating Extremely Technical Interviews
Hi Fellow Monkeys, I am a junior at a liberal arts school studying something very non-quanty but have an interview lined up next week with an elite boutique that is known to have extremely rigorous technical interviews. I spoke with an analyst beforehand ...
Forum topic - jeremyxx1 - Jan 8 2015 - 12:51am - 4 comments
- Wall Street Interview Questions for a Finance Job Interview
Guide - webthingee - Jun 17 2014 - 11:19am
- Non-Controlling Interest Question- Calculation of EV
So I learned today that NCI is added in the calculation of Enterprise Value (EV) for comparability measures. Because if you own over 50% of a company, you have to consolidate the financials with your existing company. If you didn't add NCI to EV then ...
Forum topic - coldemailmaster - Sep 24 2014 - 3:10pm - 2 comments
- Determining Working Capital/Minimum Cash Levels
Can anyone shed any light on best practices for determining a reasonable estimate of a company's working capital requirements?- I'm mostly interested in this in a restructuring context for adjusting a company's working capital when it gets ...
Forum topic - J-Man - Nov 15 2014 - 2:01am - 1 comment
Forum topic - TheBlueCheese - Nov 1 2014 - 8:40pm
- 2 Technical Questions that I don't understand
1. Our company has a 12% WACC and a 10% IRR for a project. Should we pursue it? I was told the answer is yes (since the 10% IRR is lower than the cost of capital) but I don't understand... if IRR is lower than WACC then aren't you making less? ...
Forum topic - bladedunk - Feb 7 2014 - 12:50am - 8 comments
- Quick technical questions for IB
1. Why would a PE fund NOT use WACC as the discount rate when valuing a potential target? 2. How does nol affect the 3 financial statements? and could anyone help with the intuition behind a merger dilution model? I don't really understand purchase ...
Forum topic - zeroblued - Jan 20 2014 - 9:45pm - 6 comments
- Accounting technicals
Last week at work, someone shared this potential interview question as we discussed full-time recruiting for those trying to lateral. I would love to hear people's answer to this question: "Give 5 ways to increase cash without touching the income ...
Forum topic - Some Unknown - Aug 12 2013 - 12:50am - 5 comments
- Technical: Pre-tax WACC = unlevered cost of capital (APV)
I can derive the pre-tax wacc from an infinitely recursive cash flow stream, but why is this equivalent to using the "unlevered cost of capital"? Because this discount rate assumes a constant leverage ratio (i.e. fluctuating debt levels), how can ...
Forum topic - bbkingblues1 - Jun 25 2014 - 3:11am
- 3 Secrets For Your Next Interview
Hey Monkeys, We are in the middle of recruiting season so I wanted to make sure you are ready to go. Here are 3 secrets so you can come out ahead: ...
Blog entry - WallStreetOasis.com - Sep 20 2012 - 9:34am - 10 comments