Get a Job
- Wall Street Oasis SEO Interns Needed NOW
Wall Street Oasis is looking for several hard working individuals to join our intern team to help with online-marketing tasks, specifically Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and link-building. See inside the post for more info > > > ...
Forum topic - AndyLouis - Jan 29 2015 - 3:20am - 48 comments
- INTRODUCING: The WSO Applicant Database. Take 5 minutes on WSO to Reach Hundreds of Finance Recruiters and Finance Companies
Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO Applicant Database. This vision for the database is to ...
Forum topic - WallStreetOasis.com - Jan 28 2015 - 4:06am - 77 comments
- Cold-Emailing 300 firms- please give feedback on my email template
Hey Guys, I have just finished a list of about 300 boutique PE and IB firms. I'm going to email all of them, so I built a quick template that I will slightly modify for different firms. Could you give me feed back on my template please. Thanks!! Hello ...
Forum topic - takenotes08 - Jan 28 2015 - 9:05pm - 31 comments
- How I moved from backoffice to Commercial Banking to Investment Banking/Private Equity (coming from a non-target school)
Dear All, I'd like to share my experiences with you to let you know that it is possible to work for a private equity firm or investment bank coming from non-traditional routes, but the process is completely different from the traditional ...
Forum topic - Doobsmeister - Jan 28 2015 - 6:01pm - 13 comments
- Sending Thank You's to interviewers on Linkedin- Stalker/creepy or not?
Hi all, I recently had f2f interviews but thing is, I didn't get their business cards that day. I found them on linkedin and sent sent my interviewers thank you emails on linkedin a couple of days after the interview. Would that be considered being a ...
Forum topic - astfin-juki - Jan 18 2015 - 4:00am - 29 comments
- AMA: Investment Manager at Emerging Market
- 10 years of experience in finance- 5+ years of experience in investment banking and private equity services- non-target education for both undergraduate and graduate in US- getting a job as an international student experience in US (i.e. CPT, OPT, H1B)- ...
Forum topic - FUMoney - Jan 11 2015 - 11:00am - 54 comments
- I'm so pathetic--I can't get past 1st round Interviews
Background: A Finance Major at an Ivy League. 3.8 GPA. Junior Year right now. Had two solid internships at botiques (one unrelated, one equity research at investment management last year) in the past. Goldman Investment Management Interview: rejected after ...
Forum topic - Pizz - Jan 13 2015 - 2:40am - 53 comments
- Filtering resumes- what I looked for when screening 200+ resumes
We're preparing for our OCR interview day for summer interns from one of our target schools and our team received 200+ resumes from HR. Thinking "I can make a WSO thread about this", I volunteered to do the initial cull over the Christmas/NY ...
Forum topic - SSits - Jan 11 2015 - 2:00pm - 79 comments
- My journey to BB: 5 lessons to share
Mod Note: Each day we'll be posting the top WSO forum posts of 2014. This one was originally posted on 11/17/14 and ranks #33 for the year by total silver banana count. You can see all our top ranked content here. Hey guys. I just recently accepted a ...
Forum topic - Banananker - Jan 2 2015 - 12:00pm - 69 comments
- Need to Brush up on your Accounting Skills?
Some of you may have heard that Harvard Business School does not teach introductory accounting classes anymore. One of the reasons is that they use an online accounting software from a BYU professor, who is now providing his course for free. Has some ...
Forum topic - Mr. Manager - Jan 1 2015 - 8:07am - 50 comments