WSO Weekly Wrap-up
Your search yielded no results
- Check if your spelling is correct, or try removing filters.
- Remove quotes around phrases to match each word individually: "blue drop" will match less than blue drop.
- You can require or exclude terms using + and -: big +blue drop will require a match on blue while big blue -drop will exclude results that contain drop.
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): See his original post here: "<a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/hey-you-ocr-little-fcksL">HEY you OCR little f*cks</a>" </em> all schools are apparently filled with tweedledees and tweedle f*cking dums because all of...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy) - Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted 2/28/12</em> Tried the search function, but couldn't find anything. I am a senior at a non-target. I wasn't able to get into banking. So I am considering alternatives to make some cash (high...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- My content intern @Lucas_M" is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check out our <a...
- I wrote this because while the other OCR thread was hilarious (and accurate), I wanted to reach out to those who may still be struggling even though they are doing everything right. This applies to more than OCR candidates, anyone that has not yet been able to break in may find it encouraging. ...
- In the old days many people perceived joining Wall Street was a golden ticket. They figured if you put your head down and work hard your career can be whatever you want it to be. Some thought they would make their money and be done in their thirties or forties. Others imagined they would keep...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> When women get together with their friends and talk about the new guy in their life, one of the first questions that always comes up is, "What does he do?", which - let's face it -...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011. With Valentine's Day two short weeks away, some of your girlfriends are no doubt ratcheting up the pressure on you to pop...
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many...
- Is this the norm? I just started as a junior trader on the desk 3 months ago but have been increasingly yelled at and reprimanded for things that nobody even told me to do / taught me to do in the...
- I applied to MSRE programs for this upcoming Spring semester and am having trouble deciding if I should defer enrollment. I have no CRE work experience so it'd probably be best for me to secure a...
- Hey guys, if one is based in europe, how difficult will it be to transfer offices overseas? (e.g. Bay area) Let's assume it's a BB.
- Hey guys, I have a question regarding the exit opps and main differences of IB and ER since I was recently contacted for an ER "superday". So generally IB is better compensated and more prestigious...
- The City of Manila is a place where different Filipinos of a wide variety of languages, traditions, culture and languages are gathered in. To cater to different demands, it is interesting and amazing...
- In case you missed them, here're some of last week's most popular topics: Another take on OCR recruiting (the ones that did everything right) Post By @MephistophelesI wrote this because while the...
- Mod Note (Andy) - "Interesting Things" by user Adventure_Capitalist (a PE professional) is a new addition to the site that we hope to have each week. This is a newsletter that he has been sharing...
- Can anyone offer any insight on the culture, deal flow, hours and reputation of Houlhan Lokey's TMT practice in San Francisco?
- Hello All. I recently started my first banking internship at a small boutique bank. Here's the thing, when I say small I mean MICRO. The company was founded about 2 years ago and thus far only has...
- I am by no means at this stage yet (studying towards an MSc Finance), but I'm sure you all have some idea of a way by which you could retire early, maintain a comfortable lifestyle, and increase/...
- Hi All, I graduated from a semi-target last year and have been working in a medium size NYC REPE shop for about a year now. I think my future career is in Asia so Im beginning to look at RE...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find right here), we would also create a WSO...
- Could any of the people who have worked with Accenture Strategy shed some light into the kind of work Core Strategy division does vs. the kind of work the Natural resources or Resources division does...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 477