More or less - probably supplement it with some further prep specific to the role you’re interviewing with eg Consumer/Retail primer etc

In my opinion still the best mainstream guide out there - however does not mean that if you know all 400 questions you’re set for the more technical EBs (CVP, MOE, LAZ, EVR, PWP, Q and a couple others). With that said it is more than sufficient for most BBs. Most important thing is understanding concepts (ie. 3 statements, merger models, LBOs, etc) rather than simply memorizing answers from the guide.

Source- just went through 2024 SA recruiting cycle

Thanks for the detailed response. What additional resources should I be looking at for the EBs?

Most Helpful

Good question, it's a bit of a tricky one to answer to be honest because the basic + advanced M&I guides go over pretty much all the content that EBs will require. With that said, I think the required level of technical comprehension is quite a lot higher for EBs which is why their questions may go beyond "walk me through the 3 statements" and evolve into something more complex such as: "walk me through how the 3 statements may differ between a SaaS business, industrials business, and internet company" (I was asked this by an EB). This tests your business acumen more so than your "technical understanding"…I was lucky to interview for top BBs like GS and MS as well as top EBs like Evercore, Lazard, and Moelis - I can definitely say that my EB interviews was far more business acumen heavy. Some things that helped me land offers was a) preparing industry trends (mostly applicable for coverage groups like tech and healthcare), b) reading the news (ik it sucks but it does help), and c) going above and beyond in terms of extracurricular (stock pitches, investment clubs, case competitions, etc.)Feel free to PM me if you have questions btw - always happy to help :)

Quia earum nihil delectus. Placeat labore illum aliquid dolor. Optio nemo doloribus et rem eum velit rerum. Exercitationem rerum vitae et enim expedita. Adipisci laudantium error qui asperiores dolor ducimus incidunt. Harum non voluptas deleniti beatae recusandae blanditiis fuga neque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”