• Prospect in IB - Gen
Sep 23, 2020 - 12:33pm

If you don't know black sholes by heart, quant-fund brainteasers, and where the fintech space is going in 10-yrs, you're fucked!

• Prospect in
Sep 23, 2020 - 2:01pm

Really depends on your interviewers. I was ready to go bananas on some fama french, but got simple DCF and accounting questions instead (1 each). Also if they think you are impressive, they seem to just assume you know certain questions. I only finished 60% of my DCF answer before the guy moved on, assuming I knew the rest.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Sep 24, 2020 - 6:41pm

I did it. It was relatively chill - typical behavioral questions tbh, and some technicals which were not hard. You should be more than fine. You also have unlimited tries to record your answers lollll. You might as well knock it out.

• Intern in HF - RelVal
Oct 29, 2020 - 4:40pm

Deal flow is insane. All transaction-focused, little to no pitching, and they charge insane fees because they do so many transactions. Also comp is above street

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Nov 5, 2020 - 12:26pm

No pretty sure comp is above street. Heard starting base is 90k?

Nov 2, 2020 - 8:17am

For me, first round was 2, 30 minute video interviews. It was all pretty behavioral and basic technicals.

Questions I got were:

1. Tell me about yourself

2. Why Investment Banking?

3. Why FT Partners?

4. What was the most difficult class you've taken?

5. Tell me about your most recent internship experience, what was a project that you've done, what did you learn?

6. Tell me about this other work experience you have

7. What are some valuation methodologies?

8. Why is LBO considered the floor?

9. How do you get to unlevered free cash flow from revenue?

Good luck!

• Intern in IB - Ind
Nov 21, 2020 - 2:58am

Anyone else get an offer yet? Accepted an offer for SF SA tonight. Interviewed October and this month.

IB Sucks. I'm out
+183IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Generalist">Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
IB is not intellectually challenging
+68IBby Intern in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Intern in IB-M&A
VP Lying
+28IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A

97.8