Trending Content (see all)Replies
+14
The Unfortunate Truth

apples38

I see a lot of people writing inspirational stories of networking and I just want to be honest with all the users on here. Those stories, are RARE. Everyone in my group goes to a target school, knew someone within the group, and/or has an insane story. Also, the group likes to recruit from its...

+9
Top 10 Undergrad, Top 10 MBA... Unemployed 3 months, 2 not great offers to decide between

NotFunEmployed

My story: - did a degree at a top 10 undergrad - a few years consulting at a small place focused on industry A - Went to top 10 <abbr title="Masters in Business Administration">MBA</abbr> - Did internship in strategy for largecap firm in industry A - Switched to...

+8
Destroy my resume - ER FT

RandomWalkTheory

Hey everyone, Rising senior at a non-target looking to recruit <abbr title="equity research">ER</abbr> full-time and was looking to get my resume shit on. I'll also be sending it to a few <abbr title="investment banks">IBs</abbr> that I have...

All Pods
All Events
Recently Active Topics
Replies
Do all alums review resumes?

Phoenix09

Say you are applying to IBD. Do alums in your school from IBD only see your resume, or will alums in other divisions such as S&T get to review as well?...

Lunch Etiquette

monkey1000

When a potential employer meets you for lunch to discuss a Summer Analyst position, what is the proper etiquette about paying for the meal?...

Networking contacts tapping recruiters

studentfrmtarget

I'm a junior at a Midwestern target with a solid business school (think UMich, UChicago, Northwestern). Through the business school, I've been able to network with a lot students pursuing their MBAs who have previously worked in banking. These students have put me in touch with people from their ban...

Do you have any advice for a College Sophomore?

Jgib5328

I'm just looking for some guidance for people who have made it, or for people who know how to. I am currently a sophomore at the University of Rochester with a 3.24 GPA going into my fourth semester. I've always had a strong desire to get into the investment banking world (I am really interested in ...

Non-IBD jobs at BBs

argus_eyed

Does anyone know what is the remuneration like for non-investment banking finance jobs (like credit risk management, asset management, research etc.) at traditional IB firms like GS and MS? ...

How to network for spring internship?

orangemonkey

I've never networked before and not sure how I would use networking to get a spring/summer internship. I have a free spring quarter at school (April-June) during which I'm hoping to get an internship (if something like this exists), so I would probably have to do this through networking since usual...

Do most S&T professionals take off this week

Monkeybone

I have been trying to contact someone from a BB with little success. Do people in sales and trading take off this week or should I try harder?...

Does everyone get the chance to got to 2nd stage ML?

Chger

Did some Merrill online test recently, I had the impression that I did quite bad(mistyped on calc several times). Then I got an email to complete 2nd stage of online application. Does everyone get this email despite their result? Or does that mean I passed the online test? Thank you!...

jobs viz GPA tradeoff

gortozaran

Currently, I am a jr at a top-tier school. I've been interning (abt 15 hr/wk; started off freshman year with admin/data entry, did some settlements soph year, now doing occassional trading when working Asia hours) at a boutique HF in the city. Though not burdened with personal crises so far, my cu...

how marketable from LAC

ewong

if coming from a top tier liberal arts college (wesleyan, ct) with a 3.5ish gpa as an econ/math major, with leadership in extracurriculars, what are your odds for: 1) getting a summer internship before senior year at a BB in NYC? 2) geting a regional boutqiue internship before senior year? 3) get...

Might seem like an odd question...

ak8282

... but I was lucky enough to get an informational interview with a senior banker (through a close family friend). I left a message with the person asking to meet with them to gain some insight into their profession and experiences, which was pretty standard, but I might have ended the VM with somet...

Sophomore internship: Operations -- Which one?

jaz

I'm a sophomore applying to an ops summer internship for one of the big5 in Canada. The breakdown for their operations unit is of follows: Office of the COO: Diversity, Business Continuity Management, Operational Risk and Training. Accounting: accounting for all business products. account reconcil...

Advice for Undergrad with 3/yrs of Trading Exp. With Job Search

jsr42

Hi all I am new to the site but was wondering if anybody could provide me with some insight/advice for my situation. I have interned as a trader assistant on the floor of the NYMEX for three summers as well as one operations stint at SIG. I am a Div.1 college basketball player but attend a non targe...

income as an indicator of potential

relinquo

is it bad form to tell recruiters - headhunters one's income? i'm thinking that it would help position one better for more desirable roles. could it backfire by making one seem boastfull? thoughts?...

Financial Planning... Any value?

ak8282

I am a consultant looking to break into the financial services industry. I'm not sure if it's due to a lack of finance experience or the job market, but job interviews are few and far between. I was recently pushed by my recruiter for a Financial Planning position with a well-known Insurance firm, w...

Competitveness of smaller regional MM banks?

Dang

We all know BB jobs in NYC and SF are extremely competitive but what about some of the Middle Market firms in regional offices such as Minneapolis? Right now I'm a junior going to a total non-target, econ major with a 3.7 GPA and president of the college investment club. only work experience is at ...

I'm Willing To Answer Your Questions

DavidHernandez

Hi, My Name is David, and I worked at JP Morgan in London. I'm here to help you on any advice regarding your ambitions to enter the banking field. I can tell you what to include on your resume in order to get through the door; additionaly, I can tell you what not to write. I attended LSE and gradua...

Advice Please - New to forum and wanted insight

batsum

Hi, I'm new to the forum and wanted some insight into my situation. I come from a science background in that I have a B.S. in Biochemistry from Texas Tech University. I pursued medical school for a year and decided that a career in medicine was not my passion. I am highly interested in the stock mar...

How to proceed next?

tinybanana

Hi, I am from a target school, although not for S&T at JPM. I've been speaking with an S&T guy at JPM through emails though (he is also an alumnus). We've talked about my some of my interests in learning about trading, and he's asked me to send him my resume. Now the problem is that I have a rath...

Need Advice on Outcome of Interview

aspringidiot

I had an interview the other day for an S&T summer associate position. I got a call from HR today saying that they could only take 1 candidate from this week's interviews and that they would like to put me on "hold." They said to check in with them in a few weeks. Is this a nice way of saying no,...

Help for Recent Undergrad

jcb2828

Hi, I graduated from Undergrad Business School in May of 2006. My school's undergrad business program is in the top 25 in the U.S. (not ivy league). I planned just stayed at my part-time job in the hospitality industry that I've had throughout college for a while. I am now ready to begin my career....

Advice on career change strategy!!!!!!

Dante

Right now im self employed and im looking to make a shift in my career. After closely studying the branches of banking I believe asset management appeals more to my personality, im use to putting in long hours, researching and above all im use to interacting with clients. I currently live in Greece ...

S&T Final interview (i think)

pooface

I've had two previous telephone interview with a prospective boss of mine on a Hedge Fund Sales Desk. In the previous interviews, I'd say it was quite comprehensive, a little bit of personality, a little bit of technical (asked what I knew about Hedge Funds and what are the strategies), asked me to...

doostang problems

kynnad316

Is doostang not working for anyone else today. I tried logging in and it said my username/pw was incorrect, which neither of them were....

Research Compliance

crocodileboxer

I just got a call from a BB if I was interested in an internship in Research Compliance this spring. Right now I'm a junior at a target, studying econ and politics, and I'm looking for SA positions this summer in research or S&T. If I get the offer and I take it, will it help my chances to be a SA...

Looking for regional banks to apply to

BigRedFan

I attend the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, and it is obviously a non target school with very little attention from anyone in the Investment Banking World. I will provide you with a little background information, I am a junior with a 3.3 CUM GPA, and a 3.75 major GPA. I am involved with many act...

Some Resume/Cover Letter Questions

fibows

1) Does it matter if you have your address/phone number/email at the bottom of your resume, rather than the top? 2) On the internship experience section, what pieces of information are necessary? e.g. Can you leave out the city? 3) After a list (e.g. of extracurricular activities) should there be ...

sending resume

oasising

when I email my resume & cover letter to HR without any connections, what should I put for the title of the email? thanks....

!!Please help, time sensitive!!

markets405

I have an interview tomorrow for a Credit Analyst position at a bank. I’m entry level (Graduating next semester), and it’s my third interview (phone). Up to this point it has been strictly behavioral/fit style questions. I’m fairly well versed in what they ask at ibanking interview (What’s t...

MM/Boutique

markets405

Does anyone know of any MM/Boutiques that have not started(but will be) or are currently recruiting[undergrads]? No geographical restrictions here but NYC-area preferred....

IBD w/ philanthropic aims? (CL, interview, etc)

And8

When I apply to any bank (I guess more specifically BBs), does it matter what I would want to do in the long-term with my training at the bank? Say, take my 2-year-analyst skills + some and eventually apply IB concepts to help non-profit organizations raise capital or even merge or something like th...

Best place to find resume and cover page advice?

Does anyone have a good site to pick up some resume and cover page tips? Or any other helpful info regarding trying to get yourself ready to get a new job? (career move, not a fresh grad)...

Houlihan Lokey: Summer internship deadlines

lllll

Could somebody tell me about the deadlines for summer internships at Houlihan Lokey in the US? I think I understand that you have resume drops at different unis and therefore the date varies? Any estimate on the range of dates though?...

how long does one have to wait?

ElaineSeinfeld

I had an interview on Friday. It lasted longer than it was supposed to and I had HR after two managers. I don't think HR liked me at all---one of the managers was neutral and the other is either a really good actor or seemed to like me--asked me fit questions till the end. I don't want to come acro...

what can a first year expect in terms of compensation?

ducky

I'm from a state school and it's almost impossible to get into anything good. What in your opinion is an acceptable compensation for your first year in this case?...

3.5 @ Wharton

Warhawk_1

I just found out the results of my Fixed Income Final, and it looks like I'll have a C for my final grade in this class, which could drag my GPA down from 3.6 to the 3.5-ish range. This is kind of worrying to me since OCR starts this winter. I keep on hearing a few different things about this: 1) I...

Advice on unique situation please...

I am needing some advice on making a move in my career... My situation: 25 years old Top 30 university (non target) Graduated highest honors (3.75) Played collegiate sport Played professional sport for 2 years Currently working in private client (retail financial advisor) at a top 3 firm. Want ...

silly question but just want to clarify this

ElaineSeinfeld

Is it stupid to consult notes during an interview? By notes I mean research that you've done on the company and any questions you might need to ask. The problem is that I usually get flustered and forget everything I've prepared....

Bear Stearns dress

the show

Are all employees of the firm required to wear a suit? Thanks...

Doostang is trash

juicyj

They're charging $499/month now! You can't even contact other users without paying, who do they think they are...idiots. ...

Sweet Article on Different Finance Careers

BlackStoner

I just came across this great article about different career paths in Finance- http://www.dealmaven.com/community/blogs/student/archive/2007/11/28/careers-in-finance.aspx Although the blog is pretty good, I thought their analysis of some of the classic pre-MBA and post-MBA feeders was a little off...

What's my chance

Charlie

I have a bad GPA of 2.9, and majored in economics from UC Berkeley. But I also took an accounting class, and am fluent in interpretting and extracting information off the major financial statements such as balance sheets. I also took a one month seminar from Investment Banking Institute (ibtrainin...

Help on Superday interviews!

pooface

I just had a S&T superday with a BB in Asia. They flew me all the way from where I lived to their office in Asia and paid for pretty much everything. There were 3 back to back interviews. One was alright, one brainteaser, talked about the market but the guy was very indifferent. The second went re...

do extracurriculars matter?

neutralnuke

I'm a freshman at a target school. I see a lot of conflicting information about whether ECs matter to finance interviewers. Some people say that only GPA is considered but some say that ibanks place a lot of importance on ECs too. If you do think that they are important, what kinds of clubs do you...

Things to know for a SA for S/T interview

jfahnbul

Forgive if this has already been answered, my search must have not been up to par, but I would like to know if anyone could give some tips as to what banks would expect a non-finance major to know when interviewing for a summer position in S/T. Thank you...

what next after Snr VP in Deutsche bank

mastermind

Hello, Might seem to be a silly question, i will be attending an interview with Deutsche bank for the post of Snr VP, so i would like to know what is the next level after Snr VP. I am working as a Snr manager with a Consulting coy is Snr vp = Director or ED title in other Inv Banks. where can i f...

Lateral question, regarding length of employment

net worth or nothing

Just a general question: Would you stay at a job a few extra months so that you're employment history looked organized... Work an extra month to make 2.5 years as opposed to 2 years 5 months, etc? Weird question but my friend needs to know and he's not getting on IBO anytime soon. Thanks....

Contacting Boutiques

AgreeWitMe

Should I email them? call them? what do I say? any help would be great. When is the deadline for internships at boutiques for the summer?...

Resume opinions..lack of ecs

ssb101

I just realized that when I apply for ibanking internships next year I am basically only going to have enough space for an: Education column consisting of - BBA program (low gpa) - Summer school at LSE - Canadian Securities course, wall street prep Work Experience - 1 asset management summer inter...

Advice for Engineering Undergrad

ketsumonkey

I just found this forum this weekend, some really informative topics and a lot of helpful, funny people. I think it's a great resource. I did some searches for information for engineering majors, but there's generally not much, it seems most people are majoring in finance (or close variants) here, j...

Can someone give me some advice?

rightkickhospital

I truly have no idea what to do, so please bare with me. I have been accepted to a target school for August of 2008 for a one year program in economics/finance. I'm doing this because my undergrad school isn't strong enough to get me an analyst position at a ibank and to be quite honest, I'd like ...

Lehman essay - guidance desired!!!!

meehgs

Deleted - the old title of this thread is cached on Google and it creeps me out because I don't want other applicants to get any ideas from my essay topics......

Bear Stearns - Email server?

the show

Does anybody know how Bear Stearns email server is set up? Is it something like this? ... [email protected] thanks ...

Early MBA from 2nd Tier School - Less work experience

rita_MBA_24

Hi there, I am currently facing the Early MBA and Less work-experience issue, while searching for I-Banking jobs. I finished my MBA (Finance) - GPA 3.3 from 2nd Tier school - www.Thunderbird.edu - (overall). School is 2nd tier overall in MBA, however, the school is ranked #1 in International Busin...

hsbc commerical banking trainee

markets405

any one have any info? perferable someone who did a first round, what type of quetions etc... PMs are fine. ...

Please, I'm pleading for some help...

EpicWinner123

Hi all, I was just wondering if ANYONE could be kind enough to post the information for this link here: http://doostang.com/Group/JobPage.aspx?jid=25188&searchid=6bb5f747-9736-4956-95f2-b202d7033ddd It is for a IB Summer Analyst Internship, but I can't even read it. I would greatly appreciate thi...

Resume Question - Working on finishing up my resume

_RK_

I'm working on finish up my resume to have it ready for when the banks come to campus after the first of the year to start looking for people for internship positions. I've never had a finance related job or internship. My only job has been a basic summer job, just to help me pay for some of the cos...

Market-Making (Warrants) vs Quant Analyst

sandy007

Folks - i currently have two offers (from the same bank): 1. Market-Maker 2. Quant Analyst Just based on the two functions - which role has better growth prospects ($$, career options) ?...

Last round of interviews

cfanalyst

I need some help. I have a last round of interviews with a bank in the South. It is an analyst position with the Treasury department. The bank is paying for my flight and accomodation during the interview. I will like to know what is my probability of landing this job. I am really interested to be a...

IB / Asset Management Placement Agencies?

NSX

Any good ones out there? I have strong grades and work experience, but don't go to a target school. Will they do a decent job helping you get interviews?...

Operations Compensation?

EpicWinner123

Hey all, just wondering what one can expect to earn if he/she decides to join ops full-time at a BB. More curious about growth/earning potential of the first 5/8 years, as most BBs pay roughly the same (45/55K + 10K + ~5K) Let's say GS, JPM, LB Please include base, signing, and bonus....

Family Friend in London help to get US position?

Master

I'm a sophomore at any ivy league school. I have a close family friend in Goldman Sachs London doing something in Research (don't really know what). He's probbaly an upper-level associate by now. I'm looking for an internship after sophomore year. Do you think my friend can get me an interview wi...

Best move for someone like me

calvin

I've been trying to break into IB/Research for a year. I don't have the relevant experience to break in at any other level besides bottom floor. Given the recent layoffs, market turmoil, and future predicted layoffs...what should I do? Apparently, people are playing the waiting game on bonuses, s...

Help for Interns?

nychimp

If Interns need any help / more insight, I came across the links below at Internmemo.com The first link below has tips on how to get finance internships from Lehman Brothers and UBS recruiters http://internmemo.com/archive_entry.php?id=4714416991ecc The second link has quotes from bankers at Mo...

E-mail conventions

markets405

I know alot of people who read/respond on these forums are currently with BBs so i have a questions for you guys. What are the email name conventions for some of the banks. (i.e. My name is John Smith and I work for morgan stanley, my email is [email protected], or [email protected], [email protected]

haven't heard back..

freakonomics

i had a final round interview, and was told that they would contact me in two days if i got it. Well today was day three, and the weekend has arrived as well. Does this mean i have no chance of getting it now???...

Hiring question

pureinst79

So i interviewed 2 weeks ago with BB operations division and they said it would take 1-2 weeks for a decision. I received an email yesterday stating that they need more time to make a decision and i will hear within 2-3 weeks. Is this a general "you are an alternate" type thing or since it is operat...

Dumped

markets405

I just got dumped from an interview a day before I was supposed to have it (first round). Anyone have a hypothesis as to why? I assume the worst, i.e. there's something toxic about me I'm not seeing. But about 24 hours before the interview I got. An e-mail saying "over capacity" and "no longer be ab...

Emailing recruiters...

UES802

Hey all, I'm a junior Finance/Accounting major from a non-target (U of Pittsburgh), and am preparing to send out resumes to recruiters expressing interest in Summer Analyst positions. My question though is this… I have a cover letter for every bank. Should I use that as the body of my emai...

College Major...Opportunity Costs?

EpicWinner123

Hey guys, I am a junior and I go to a target school...for Operations. But really, my school is a non-target, but everyone now and then we do send an analyst to a BB. Anyways, I was wondering whether or not if my chances of landing an analyst position weighs heavily on my major. I understand that GP...

Experienced Hire - S&T advice needed

UpperEastSide82

I would like to get the opinion of the masses, preferably those of you in S&T, before I begin to talk to some of my alumni networking contacts and explore the possibility of switching firms to a role that will help me achieve or get closer to my goal. My goal is to get on to an institutional sales...

Writing the SEO Essay: what professional goals of a trader?!

MadCatz

Hi guys, I'm currently a junior in college. I heard about SEO, a free program that places you into an investment banking summer internship after an application, phone interview, and in-person interview. Sounds great right? Unfortunately, you have to write an essay asking: "What are your professi...

Approaching Recruiters

waltersobchek

If you wanted to aggresively pursue a recruiter regarding a SA position (MM bank NYC), would it be better to cold call them and try to sell yourself, or to just email a strong cover letter/resume? They dont have a a huge HR dept, and no formal application system. However, this guy carries a large am...

Help! Need to apply but have no experience!

ElaineSeinfeld

I need some advice for my cover letters. I need to apply to as many financial institutions (and law firms) as I can in order to get some sort of part-time student job. The problem is, I live in France; I started college here and it looks as though I'm going to be here for awhile. I go to a fairly go...

Big Four Corporate Finance divisions

Stele

Hello all, I'm a senior graduating in December looking to get into one of the Big Four's corporate finance divisions. First, a little about my background. I don't go a target school, in fact it's a regional state school (the kind with a direction in the school title :( ) and my internship experienc...

Doostang Selected Practice Groups

ib_bound

Hey, I want to join the Investment Banking & Capital Markets Selected Practice Group on Doostang, however my request has been rejected. Does anyone know why that would be so? I have been accepted in other related selected practice groups, but for some reason this one (ironically, the one I'm most in...

Getting an interview with Boutique/MM banks

grape

Hi, I'm a recent grad with an Accounting degree from a non-target school near NYC. I'm currently working in Big 4 audit but I feel unchallenged and want to give investment banking another shot. I don't really have any financial modeling experience, nor have I ever interned at an investment bank. ...

JP Morgan Day-in-Bank (IB Ops)

MSG1226

Hey all, I've been invited back for 2nd round interviews/"Day-in-Bank" at JP Morgan for a IB Operations analyst position? Apparently, this Day-in-Bank is 5 hours long and includes 2 interviews, 1 case study presentation, and 1 group project. This seemed a little intense for just an Ops job, don't...

starting salary for me? please tell me on 2nd year year of college.

migueljs

Hi, I go to a Liberart arts college ran27 in this country...my minor is french and I can speak portugues italian and spanish fluently......my Major is going to be Finance I have a GPA of 3.7 what can I expect for a starting salary? where is the best salary (state wise)? how can I get to the best jo...

Jumping markets

calvin

I have been in NY for a year now trying to transition to IB. It's been very difficult to say the least, and I was offered a job at a boutique in Florida. I grew up in NY, and don't want to live anywhere else - if I were to work in Florida for a short time, how difficult would it be to come back to...

Summer Internships without a Business Major?

Myrmidon73

Right now, I'm in undergrad, but I'm not a business major (I'm in engineering instead). I'm having a tough time finding summer internships that don't require a business major, or a high level degree. Has anyone else been in the same boat? Or have you guys worked with non-business majors during in...

Summer Intern to Full time - Which firms have gave out FT offers?

sgt_hippo

i believe summer interns would have ended their internship around mid-end of july... i would like to know which companies have given out their FT offers for their interns and which companies have not as for myself... its been 12 weeks since i ended my internship... still no news from the bank to an...

Bring a resume

milkman84

I signed up for a Lehman presentation at my school geared towards freshmen-juniors about jobs in their IBD/capital markets divisions. It's an RSVP event and it says "meet Lehman alumni from ___." Should I bring a resume to this thing? My GPA currently sucks (3.12) but I'm hoping to get it up to a 3....

UBS operations or Merrill Lynch pwm? Which internship will help me more in the long run?

mack387

I'm currently entering my Junior year this fall, and would like to know which internship would help me more in the long run. I'm not 100% sure if I want to do ibanking, but what I'm trying to do is build a name for myself, and beef up my resume. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated ...

Pre-Interview Reception

eyedea

I've been invited to a pre-interview dinner at a place near campus with all candidates that will be interviewing. The dinner is the night before interviews. What would be the appropriate dress code for this event? Would business casual do or should I play it safe and go formal? Any feedback apprecia...

To UK candidates

Disjoint

Good luck applying! Our deadlines are coming soon. I'll be flooding the City with my CV in the next couple of weeks. Hope you all get the interviews you want!...

Cover Letters - Applying to a top bank in trading

Grinder86

When applying to a top bank (sales and trading) for summer analyst position are cover letters really necessary? Will the recruiters not even consider you if you do not have a cover letter. I know a few people who got SA offers and did not ever write a cover letter to the bank. Thanks for the help...

Bank of Canada salary?

ib_bound

Anyone know how much a typical starting Bank of Canada employee makes (bonus too) if they are in the Financial Markets division? i assume the bonus is much less than IB's since i understand they dont work crazy hours. thx....

winter vs summer internships

freakonomics

Which internship is less competitive? When does recruiting start for each (Interviews) thnx....

Include Summer Course Classes in GPA calculation?

dvd56x

Is it proper to do this if I took 2 summer courses at a much easier school? It would help my GPA, but my actual school only records the courses on my transcript as TRANSFER CREDIT....

Putting Former School In Resume

theonlymember

I recently transferred to a top public school (UVA/UMich/Cal) from a lower public school. How would I go about putting my former school in my resume or should I put it at all? I would think that it needs to be addressed since one of the jobs in my "work experience" category and a lot of the activi...

Summer Internship Chances

onamission

Hey all, I'm new to the site and was wondering what my chances are at landing an internship at a top IBank. I'm currently a junior at a target school (one of the top liberal arts) majoring in Economics with an overall GPA of 3.4 and a major GPA of 3.6 (i should be able to bring both of these up a ta...

Summer Internship Pay

HarryWang

Hey guys, I'm currently working at Siemens in the Tax Department, and have the opportunity to get to Smith Barneys. Not for IB, but perhaps Portfolio management...only problem is, they pay $8/$9. Why is this? This is significantly lower than what I expected and am paid now. Do you think it's worth i...

Are you looking for a job or internship

heynownow

"Doostang, an invite-only career community started at Harvard, Stanford, and MIT. You can use Doostang to find a job or internship, network, and access valuable career information from peers and industry professionals." www.doostang.com "Doostang members have successfully received offers from: Gol...

Internships - Emails from my school about summer internships

AgreeWitMe

I keep getting emails from my school about internships (especially marketing) Are they worth applying for or should I just stick to ibanking/finance internships?...

Resume Question - Recently declared my major

nydawg

I recently declared my major and was selected into an honors track in the department. Also my major requires admission into the program (i.e. not everyone can just enter into the major just because they go to the school). I think this is somewhat common (I think Michigan has some business programs l...

Part-time job: Discount brokerage?

Mzzzz

Hey guys, I'm going to interview for an entry-level part-time (im full time undergrad) position at a Discount brokerage firm. On the phone, the guy told me that I will mainly do cold-calling and book appointments for the senior guys. Would this be a worth-while opportunity? Could this be decent resu...

What goes on during campus visits?

duke2010

I was just wondering what goes on during campus visits? What should one wear and what kind of questions should someone ask?...

Will a consulting Internship add value to my resume

monkeydonkey

Hey, I have the opportunity to do a consulting internship this fall. Im a rising junior and my resume is already full. Will this add value. The reason im asking is that i already have a pretty heavy workload, im taking 21 credits and im combining that with being an athlete. ...

Networking at a Company

waltersobchek

Hey all, So I've been networking with alumni/friends from home for the last few weeks. And recently, I was considering networking through my company (GE) to try to get in touch with the in house M&A guys ( I would think they definitely know people in banking). As a junior, I am mainly looking for a...

Pages