Silver BananaTopicReplies
+1
Pragma Securities

loosingmyreligion

I have an interview from a firm called Pragma Securities located in midtown Manhattan and was wondering what others thought about this firm? They're a broker dealer who sells algo's to buy/sell side firms. I was hired into a technology role however, my long term goal is to become a quant and thought...

+1
Interview questions for Treasury Analyst

km123

I have an interview for Treasury Sr Analyst position. What kind of questions can I expect based on the job description below? Essential Functions and Responsibilities • Manage and administer hedging platform and execute on hedging strategies, which primarily include FX, but also some commodity an...

Switching from Economic Litigation Consulting to Investment Banking

StatisticallySignficant

I'm looking for some advice on lateraling into investment banking. My main concern was that I missed the boat by not entering out of undergrad, but after doing some research I feel like I'm not too far removed in that aspect. Non-target undergrad, double major in finance and accountancy with a soli...

+1
GS Offer Process

warner_warner

+1
How much do banks really talk?

fnaw

I've read all sorts of horror stories about banks (esp BBs) talking to each other, and I wonder if anyone has had any personal experiences to share and/or can attest to how true this really is. ...

+1
Post grad internships

FXCapitalist

Hi does anyone know if you can still intern after being graduated a few years? For example if you've been working elsewhere but not in Finance specifically, would it advantageous to do so or just apply regardless having minimal direct experience within Wall St the past few years? Thanks....

+1
Fixed Income to Equity Buy-Side Career Switch

anonymousnancy

I've been working in FI at a large pension for 1.5 years now after graduating from undergrad and would like to transition back into equities. I work in securitized products, which is more specialized and less relevant to an equity role than a corporate analyst would be. I'm trying to figure out what...

+1
Deloitte Peformance Enhancement Advisory Analyst - Financial Advisory (Canada)

FreshPrinceDot6

Networked with Deloitte Financial Advisory in Canada and noticed that they were hiring for this group (sub-division of restructuring). Has anyone interviewed/worked with this group? If so, what are the interviews and recruiting process like? It doesn't seem like typical M&A/Valuation service lin...

+1
How does networking benefit you when it comes time to apply for IB internships?

parmarh0

Hello Everyone, So I will be a junior undergrad this year and am networking as much as I can before next summer. I just wanted to know that when it comes time to start applying, how will these networks help me? ...

+1
CV Templates?

Studentofthegame

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me to any quality CV samples? I have been searching through the internet, but I couldn't find one from Mergers and Inquisitions (my usual go-to) or one that seems reputable. Thanks! ...

+1
WSO Networking Guide Testimonials?

secrethidden

The content on the WSO forum for the most part is very helpful but I was wondering if the WSO networking guide has anything else to offer? Or will it just be a repeat of what people are posting on the forum. ...

+1
Cold emailing - how can I get them to look at stock pitch?

xxyx

I'm currently a sophomore at a target with a pretty average GPA (above 3.5 cutoff, but not great). I've been doing more formal/OCR recruiting over the past couple of weeks or so, mostly applying for Asset Management/hedge fund/investing related roles, but nothing has really panned out with the inter...

+1
Leaving Audit after 6 months- too soon?

OttoReadmore

I've been working in Big 4 Audit for about 6 months now- and I can't stand it. I have no motivation at work because I'm extremely uninterested in being here. The pay is decent for entry level (fresh out of school), but the work isn't very interesting at all. Is it too soon to leave? My family and f...

+1
Business Continuity?

dfrusso

I have recently accepted a Business Continuity Management position at a BB and I was wondering if anyone on these forums is in a similar role or knows anyone in a similar role. I would like to talk with someone to get an idea of what to expect as far as hours/bonus/networking opportunities/typical ...

+1
Edmond de Rothschild reputation on wallstreet?

takenotes08

Hey Guys, I have the possibility of interning as an analyst at Emond de Rothschild this summer in Europe. I wanted to know if any of you could give me some insight on its reputation on wall street. What tier is this seen as? Whats its reputation? etc. Thanks!...

+1
UBS Fixed Income Platform Solutions

ilovecme

I have a first round interview for a Fixed Income Platform Solutions analyst role at UBS Asset Management this week with the global head of fixed income analytics and data management- anyone have any idea what types of questions they would ask for the role? Would they still ask market/investment que...

+1
Breaking into a junior or entry level Asset/Wealth Management position.

Paul-Chung1

Hello WSO Community, I've been trying to find ways of breaking into the finance industry- possibly asset/wealth management, however, I don't have a background in finance/econ (I work in tech. and have for the past 5 years). I do a lot of self study on finance, love staying in the loop with all the...

+1
Finance Vs. Ops at a BB IB firm vs. Corporate finance rotation at non- bank

afcpitt14

I am currently working as an operations sales assistant at a BB IB (MS) and I have recently received three job offers: Financial Controls Analyst (JPM) & Business Mgmt (PDP) rotation at Northrop Grumman & junior asset manager/ financial analyst Greystone Servicing Co. Strictly leaving pay out of i...

+1
Business Selection & Conflicts Group?

LondonMonkey09

Can anyone shed any light on this team within a top IB? Have a full time offer vs an offer in Credit Risk for the same IB - deciding between the two in terms of comp, skill set developed and exit opps. A bit about me - currently interning in a MO function at a top IB. Thank you...

+1
resume background check for cfa

jordanko

hey guys just out of curiosity, does the CFAI reveal exam details to any 3rd party background check companies like First Advantage if it asks for verification? I wrote that I passed CFA lv 1 on my resume to apply for an internship at a BB, and if I get the offer, am worried if those background chec...

+1
Final Round Summer Analyst Interview with Securities at Goldman Sachs

lseundergrad

Hi All, I have my final round interview with GS on Monday and I was just wondering if any of you could help me out with a few things: - Is there anything Goldman are pushing out from a brand/ culture perspective to the market at the moment? - I understand it is 3x 30 minute interviews with MDs, do...

+1
Has anyone ever asked for an Office Visit/Tour?

vegankid

I recently had an informational phone interview with an Associate from a BB in NYC. I was connected to the Associate through a Women's diversity event. The conversation went well. I live in CA but will fly to NYC for the holidays. Do you think it is worth to ask for an office visit/tour? I am an MB...

+1
Vault Guide to Leveraged Finance / Interview Help

OhHi

Hi All, I have an upcoming interview in Leveraged Finance / Acquisition Finance and I am not particulary familiar with the field. Can anyone here help me out and send me the vault guide to leveraged finance? Also, do you guys have any further interview preparation tips? Any help would be much ap...

JPMorgan Linear Quantitative Research

Patrick Rhine

Hi, What do you think of this internship : http://goo.gl/BDOq0 Is there a risk of doing MO/BO work ? Does someone know the Linear Quantitative Research group ? Ultimately, I would like to be HF prop trader but I am interested in algo trading too. What do you think ? (Hong Kong is no problem for me)...

Background check on volunteer experience

mortonsseasalt

Do employers do background checks for volunteer experience? I volunteered at a nursing home throughout high school but I extended the years on my application to note volunteer experience in college (at the same nursing home). Problem is it was very off and on. I volunteered during winter breaks but ...

+1
Risk Management Interview at Derivatives Trading Firm, what should I expect?

BlackDog

Hey guys, Great to be on this forum! I am a sophomore studying math and finance. I am expecting a 20-30 minute phone interview from a derivatives trading firm for a part time internship. the job description is: As a Risk Management Intern, responsibilities will span a wide variety of programming, da...

Pages