Wells Fargo SA 2020

Wells Fargo SA 2020 applications opened up today for IBD so I just wanted to get a thread going to stay up to date with the process. Does anyone have an idea of what the timeline is looking like, and whether they're sticking with phone interviews or using hirevues?

Good luck!

Not 100% sure how the process is going to work but I believe the online app is just for Non-target schools and it should be phone screen in August and then super day in September.

Yep - luckily I'd done some research so I knew it was open for only 3 days from July 12-15 and applied the day it opened. Probably to cut down the number of applications, like the other guy said.

Genuinely interested - did you do any networking at WF? And do you think that there is the possibility that they dinged you because they think that you are apt to accept at the same BB/another better firm?

Array

Anyone have a good answer to "Why Wells Fargo?" "Because you will give me an interview" is obviously a bad answer but is basically the truth. Should I just go for the "strong growth of IB and Securities side, heard good things about culture and learning opportunities...."

How much of the interview would you say was technical vs fit / behavioral? Was kind of assuming it would not be very technical at all. The S&T first rounds were entirely behavioral / fit except for a couple easy math questions.

Had mine today, much like the S&T interview, very short and almost nothing technical. Seems odd, not sure what they’re going to be deciding off of.

Does anyone know how much they are paying for this position (NY vs Charlotte) ?

Non-target, interned at Wells this summer, got a phone interview, haven't heard back for Superday

Wells took the approach of only having it open for three days this year. Likely to weed out those people (ie most people) who apply to every bank under the sun regardless of networking done with the firm. Makes it easier for WF, but it is unfortunate for people who were unaware of the application dates.

Array

The program, if it exists, will only be for kids who went to the freshman diversity event. Previously it used to be a sophomore diversity event; now, the sophomore diversity event is for MO roles. Acceleration made it unrealistic to recruit sophomore SAs during sophomore spring for FO roles because other banks were doing junior FO recruiting at the same time.

I think they screwed up with their recruiting this year or something. I go to a semi target (but not for Wells) with a mediocre / decent GPA and got interviews for both IB and S&T with resume drops through their site (no networking of any sort). First rounds were insanely easy, and they actually called me directly four days after superday signup deadline and asked if I was going to attend. Seems kind of weird for such a large firm, maybe their super short app windows backfired on them.

Array

haha yeah they tried to get ahead of "acceleration". sorry, but only JP/GS/BAML can generate interest starting in the fall.

My guess is that I went into a lot of depth on the basic questions that demonstrated a pretty good understanding of the concepts, and so I think because of that they may have just cut some of the technicals out. I also think that WF cares a lot more about fit which may explain that.

Array

Had pre-interview dinner on Monday, OCR first-round on Tuesday, and SF superday on Wednesday. Superday was only 30 mins long, only a few technicals. Overall a very strange process.

Most Helpful

Just received an update. WF has all of their target school offers expiring this week and HR is still working out the numbers on how many of us they'll take from this past Friday. Wouldn't shock me if we didn't hear until this Thursday or Friday. I'm sure everyone who gets offers will be called on the same day.

Target school, 3.5 GPA with an Econ/Math double major, no networking, just received my offer. Overall, the process was quite interesting. The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen and the second interview was 20 minute behavioral/“what would you do in this situation.” Everything people in this forum have said about Wells caring a lot about the person seems true. Good luck everyone

that's quite a stretch to assume more offers for non-targets... my thinking is everyone is being pushed back and non-target offers don't go out until next week

Odd that offers were given out because I received the same email saying they were going to START giving offers out by end of next week. I have still yet to hear anything. I wonder if all offers have been given out for 9/20 process or if they are still waiting to see who accepts from target schools and will continue with others next week.

Also interviewed 9/20 and liked my chances, haven't heard anything yet.

I was at the non target Super Day and received an offer this afternoon. HR from Charlotte called me directly. They did not specify location as that occurs at the placement day in a month or so. Best of luck to everyone else.

Could be people who listed outstanding offers or upcoming decision deadlines that were notified on Friday. Can anyone who already received an offer speak to this?

Anyone know how they could possibly be ranking the waitlist if they interviewed in groups of 5? Maybe top person in the group got offered and 2nd is "on hold"? How do they compare across different interview pools?

I still haven't heard anything and am on the waitlist, but if it makes anyone feel better, my friend and I both declined spots with Wells. So at least that's another two spots for you guys. Best of luck

Array

Chances are low of getting off of the waitlist are low. Source: someone at the bank.

I know it’s not the news a lot of us were looking for. The person said acceptance rates this year were higher for some reason.

I also heard the same thing after some final correspondence with people at WFS. They had a lot of great non-target candidates but had to give priority to the target students.

TLDR: Probably not much mobility in regards to waitlist positioning.

Array

You'd think they'd certainly block off some spots for non-target kids right? At least for purposes of keeping relationships w/ certain non-target schools?

Sorry for the news, but the spots are completely full. I was told by a VP and an associate that they would let me know if anyone renages after the placement day. They both had some less than choice words regarding HR. "The decision was made by fucking idiots who have power in the recruiting process and those people shouldn't have any power." - the associate

Array

Eum qui doloremque debitis iste maxime. Minima sed mollitia distinctio ea. Dignissimos et architecto natus natus veniam numquam. Tempore libero corporis quasi. Sunt quo architecto omnis at ipsam molestiae praesentium. Ea quaerat animi ea qui occaecati autem.

Repudiandae nostrum eum porro sunt totam. Blanditiis fugiat itaque nesciunt quo. Voluptatum voluptate hic quo. Rerum excepturi non sed voluptatum eligendi ut.

Mollitia ut vitae nemo optio repellat. Vel doloribus voluptatem quia. Et alias dolores maiores exercitationem recusandae. Consectetur necessitatibus maxime saepe sit voluptatem veniam.

Nostrum nulla similique temporibus inventore quasi maxime qui. Temporibus dolores nobis alias. Fuga voluptatem quia praesentium reiciendis et eveniet.

Enim excepturi consequuntur eligendi est illum. Deleniti ipsum provident alias doloremque quasi pariatur corrupti. Ratione sit expedita placeat minus porro.

Impedit quod ullam autem itaque perferendis. At nobis omnis aliquam est autem aperiam. Voluptatibus recusandae velit molestiae quis expedita officia est voluptates.

Dolorem eligendi et commodi incidunt est et. Voluptatem veniam soluta velit voluptate libero temporibus est sapiente. Magnam vero distinctio rerum et cupiditate nobis quia rem. Nemo perspiciatis quae et cumque.

Consequatur laborum ab voluptatem facere vel voluptas. Vero ea laborum magni soluta non eum. Fuga iusto voluptatem ut recusandae sunt atque pariatur. Et fugiat eius veritatis.

Rerum impedit velit non. Odit reiciendis laborum dicta. Pariatur in est consequatur aut quidem laboriosam dolor. Et nulla quisquam illo facere.

Voluptatibus delectus neque facilis et. Sequi error est voluptatem rerum magni et dicta. Qui totam tempora veniam exercitationem. Aperiam iste natus tempore sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”