Silver BananaTopicReplies
ibankingoasis.com's favorite aspiringmonkey posts'Everyone has their favourite "advice" that the beloved aspiringmonkey has graced us with...my new favourite; "send her dick pics"...
Cool Midtown Highrise BuildingsOkay so I am obsessed with the Biltmore and am leaning heavily towards living there, if there is an opening this summer. What other comparable high-rise apartment buildings are in the same area?...
In this thread, we talk about Mis Ind's bodyPlease jot down any bit of evidence you can remember that will help us piece together an image of Mis Ind's body. 1. She has a fiancee. As many of you know, it is all too tempting to let yourself go once you have nobody to impress. Consider that she is also the breadwinner in the relationship,...
in wich university you've been graduated?and at what time do you get your first i-bank job?...
Advocates for Global WarmingFace it, being Investment Bankers most of us are forced to deal with the Cold weather of NYC and Chicago. But why settle for that? The answer is, it doesn't have to be so damn cold. All we have to do is pollute so that our atmosphere will turn into a greenhouse and conserve the heat. Just imagine, i...
Your best banking experience?with all these tales of horror, i'm sure the many students in this forum want to know about the brighter side too... (besides the obvious huge bonuses, expense accounts, going to strip joints/bars, etc.) so please share your happiest moment after being employed!...
The Soundtrack of Our LivesWhat songs or artists connect with you the most? After watching the movie "Wall Street" recently, I fell in love with "This Must Be The Place" by Talking Heads. Confused but hopeful lyrics, a beautifully tender song that describes where I am right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGa52pQ-z4E htt...
Murray's HillGreat story line, entertainment wise on leveragebuyout.com If only networks would actually make such a show, i'm sure an audience would be there. It could actually be very similar to Entourage...which is by far one of the best shows out there....
Ring around the collarWhat is the best way to get out a stain in dress shirts -- like the yellow ring around the collar stain specifically? Thanks...
0 3
Excellent Readhttp://www.gawker.com/topic/the-bitter-investment-banker-email-016011.php...
Leisurely read...I find it ironic and supremely entertaining that Wasting Time openly admits he's incompetent at accounting. He further shares that he's "more of a CMIS type guy, that stuff just comes natural to me, easy A. The only bad thing is I have no idea how a person would get into the technology sector of ...
So I started with the siteIf you remember my old thread, about wanting to make a quick reference guide website to getting a job in IB...well I started working on it...here is the layout I'm going to go with. http://andrew.dreamhost.com/UPLOAD/files/1/ibsite.jpg That excel pic, is where the banner will go, I want the banner...
Bateman in LondonThere is a movie called london and one of the charectors is bateman. good movie....
Let's start a pact on AssMonkeyLet's ignore whatever AssMonkey has to say. Stop replying to his posts or arguing with him/her. Let's not waste our time. ...
pigeonholedsummer interning at a BB, basically spent the summer asking for modelling experience, kept getting corp fin stuff (read: make pretty pages) and wondering wtf was going wrong. finally found out that it was deliberate pigeonholing, trying to force me into corp fin. this colors my whole view of the fi...
Borat... Star Wars...Saw the movie last night. I fake laughed during parts of the movie from peer pressure because everyone else was laughing and didn't want to be the lone contrarian. I don't get the hype. Now for real cinema, is anyone doing the Star Wars marathon on Cinemax this weekend or am I the only geek?...
I hate liberalsThey are absolutely worthless. Can't believe they took over, fuck, which means higher taxes that will only benefit minorities and illegals, fuck. Those self-hating anti-white liberals, I despise them. Looks like open borders boys, South Africa = your future. ...
Interesting phenomena...A couple of weeks ago one of our MDs showed up on a Friday wearing blue jeans, a dress shirt with rolled up sleeves and a fleece (?) vest. Today, I can count at least 5 guys in the office mimicking the style. Sigh. (I notice such things when I'm bored.)...
Colorado DreamingDoesn't belong in this section, but I can't stop dreamin about skiing. Slopes are already open out west. Any other skiers here? If so, where ya goin? and where ya been?...
Sometimes You Just Can't WinSo it was 3:30am, I had to be at the airport by 6:30am and my model was #Reffing out as usual. My associate starts jumping up and down like a lunatic behind me because we haven't even started printing the 35 pitch books...even though he was the one that messed up the model in the first place by ask...
Brokeback BankersI'm sure many of you can relate... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-nKwycdJ_0...
Can't say no[quote]Court: Woman Can't Say No After Start Of Sex POSTED: 9:13 am EST October 31, 2006 UPDATED: 9:30 am EST October 31, 2006 ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- An appellate court said Maryland's rape law is clear -- no doesn't mean no when it follows a yes and intercourse has begun. A three-judge panel of the C...
Michael Milken's first job out of Wharton: What was it?I'm just kinda curious. What was his first job at Drexel? Ben Stein's book basically says he doesn't know and there are varying reports, ranging from IT work to operations to risk management. None of the above sound right. Somewhere else I read that he started in operations and clawed his way ...
11 page resume guy gets interviewed by inside edition(link)story http://www.insideedition.com/ourstories/inside_stories/story.aspx?storyid=439 apparently there is the video at http://www.insideedition.com but I only get the first 20 seconds or so...
+1
What Is Going On With Uber?If you haven't been paying attention, Uber has come under a lot of fire recently. Apparently, they have had a total of five scandals in two short weeks. First, they had that HR and sexual assault issue. Next, they had a scathing report on their terrible culture and Google also filed a lawsuit agains...
+1
Stagnant IndustriesI've been thinking about what industries are most outdated/out of touch with current times and the automotive industry comes to mind, but Tesla seems to be pioneering their way through the sludge. We've seen GM, Volvo, and Toyota all take up reins and begin modernizing their organizations and produc...
+1
Toastmasters?I know investment banking requires very good oral and written communication skills. I'm part of an organization known as Toastmasters. Its essentially a club that meets once every week and members engage in a variety of speaking activities. Its fun and you can directly and indirectly improve speakin...
+1
Working abroad- how difficult?How difficult would it be to work abroad after my mba program for a multinational company? Is it extremely difficult to get a Visa for South America/ Europe/Asia? Thanks....
+1
Dealing with (my own) type A personality Many people think that I am too intense and I get too stressed out over little/trivial things. It's just my nature that I will go through whatever lengths to make my final results perfect. From what I understand, this type of personality is best for IBD or s&t. But maybe it's not for anything else. ...
+1
Marketing MajorI was sold on finance/accounting from the start and so I have a great understanding of the entry level opps/career progression of these fields, but wanted to learn more about the exit opps for kids who graduate with a marketing degree. To be honest I don't know of a single marketing major going into...
+1
WSO Community Resource listSo, I thought that I can spare new users from making new threads regarding what kind of sites they should visit and study from as well as where they can get resources to study for. Anyone is free to add sites and other stuff to this list, just reply in the thread and i'll add your suggestion and you...
+1
Automated Webcam InterviewI have a F500 webcam interview coming up and I need some tips. There is a set amount of time per question, I don't know what the questions are until I start the interview, and there are no breaks or re-dos. I have a tough enough time preparing presentations to be exactly 3 minutes (or whatever the ...
+1
How to Inspire Your Team as A LeaderBeing a leader is one of the hardest roles to handle. The shoe may just seem to be too big to fill that some leaders choose to take it off of their feet. Pressure in handling the job and the weight of responsibility sometimes makes leaders oblivious of the things around them. As a result, communicat...
+1
Would you work in Dublin?In light of Brexit, the London offices of banks will likely have a tougher time accessing the rest of Europe. As banks are now looking at other cities to put their main European offices, Dublin seems to be the first choice for BoA. [quote] Bank of America Corp. views Dublin as its default destinati...
+3
How to avoid gold diggers?Nowdays it seems like any asshol* is bragging on his instagram or facebook things he can't afford, such as 10 bottles of dom perignon/night, or the expensive boat trip, or the pic on the fast car on 10yrs lease, etc... Am I being paranoid if I try at all cost to hide my wealth and I don't want a w...
+1
Amazon Is Becoming Bigger Search Engine Than Google According to a NYU professor, Amazon is becoming a bigger search engine than Google. Approximately 55% of all searches relating to shopping now begin on Amazon, bypassing Google. While I think Google still dominates Amazon in other search engine areas, I'm not surprised about the shopping. Personall...
Reflection of 9/11I wanted to post an excerpt from a speech that was given to me when I was a senior in high school, right after the attacks. The Jesuit teacher who was the orator and writer of this and many more literary offerings(37 books), and was the technical advisor on "The Exorcist" as well as a small cameo. ...

Pages