Silver BananaTopicReplies
Favorite Night Club

e36M3

Where and why?...

Playtex takeover

HedgeHog

From Dealbreaker.com: Playtex Products (NYSE: PYX) is having an especially heavy flow day, up almost 16% to a new 52-week high after Energizer announced it would acquire the company for $1.2 billion. Energizer has looked to stop the bleeding from its core products with a regular cycle of spotting a...

New Blog!!

[email protected]

Check out this new blog, let me know what you think. Obviously this is just the beginning. http://theopportunitycosts.blogspot.com/ thanks...

Manhattan parking spot going for $225,000

Kools

Where do regular people park their cars? http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/070712/071207_parkingspots.html?.v=4...

What do you enjoy the most?

CompBanker

Just a fun thread: What part of the job do you enjoy most (or are you looking forward to the most for the prospectives) ??? I don't mean things such as "the money." I mean: which part of the process (ie diligence visits, industry research, etc)??? A "why" would be nice as well....

Public Schools and T-Shirts

imisscollege

this may incite a bit of hellfire on the discussion board, but i feel the need to share. blame it on my liberal arts background. when i was walking by a bb yesterday i noticed a summer scurrying in with their blackberry and a t-shirt with this emblazoned on the front: 4 yrs tuition @ public schoo...

One of the worst crimes I've heard of

sleepyguyb

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2642.html...

Does citi have a gym?

luke77

...and if so, is it decent (plenty of free weights) and is it available to analysts without charge? Asking for a buddy of mine who'll be working there. Thanks...

Ulysses

Grinder86

So how many peop le go for drinks at Ulysses after work on thursday nights?...

Physically mismatched couples in NYC

Brady4MVP

So I was talking to a bunch of my friends in NYC, and they all told me the same thing: that there's TONS of average and even below-average looking guys with hot girls in NYC. This really confounded me because in every other city, couples are generally well-matched. So you might see a guy who's a 5 w...

A modest proposal

ivy_leaguer

The American leadership at the top banks came from the top schools: Goldman (Lloyd Blankfein, Harvard; Hank Paulson, Dartmouth) Morgan Stanley (John Mack, Duke; Zoe Cruz, Harvard) Citibank (Robert Rubin, Harvard; Sandy Weill, Cornell) Deutsche Bank (Michael Cohrs, Harvard) Lehman Brothers, JPMorgan...

Which internship would you take for summer?

midnightoil

say you got these options for your sophomore summer... 1. Federal Bureau of Investigation 2. a presidential candidate's election office on the year of presidential election 3. finance internships that we see thousands of times in this website 4. white house if you were given any of these choice...

I AM SCREWEDEDEDED

das_king

got back from a trip with the boys down to cacun where we partied like typical college students for a week and half, then i got home to find a big package waiting for me. So I got an internship for the fall and they just mailed me 1600 pages of materials that I need to "master" before starting to w...

Going to Switzerland

guyjer

Hello, I am going to Switzerland for about 10 days in August after my internship is done. I'll be staying at my friend's apartment in Zurich while I am over there. For those of you who have been, what are the sites and the places to go that are relatively local. I'm staying only for a short amount ...

Where's Miss Ind?

UserAccountDeleted

Did she disappear for good?...

2007 Bonus Season

Patrick Bateman

Since bonus season is right around the corner, how are people planning on spending their hard earned bonuses this year?...

best place to get laid in NYC????????

banklove

which bar/pub/club/brothel in NYC is the easiest place to find someone to blow off some juice with after ahard night's work????????...

Demographics of a BB

e36M3

what are the typical demographics of a bank? I know that michael lewis makes it sound pretty white and male...is that still the case? ...

Anonymous AutoAdmit/XOXOHTH posters the subject of a lawsuit

UserAccountDeleted

AutoAdmit/XOXOHTH pwn3d: http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=643868&mc=539&forum_id=2 HTH...

The Last Tycoons - The Secret History of Lazard Frères & Co. (Book)

fibows

I saw it at the bookstore the other day and glanced over it briefly. Anyone read this yet? Any good? Got two nice reviews on Amazon, but wanted to hear opinions here as well....

Hot Chocolate

monkeyintraining

My office this summer has a hot chocolate machine. It's pretty much the best thing ever. Discuss....

Social scene in Chicago vs. NYC

Brady4MVP

I live in Chicago but have been to NYC quite a few times and noticed a very sharp difference in the respective social scenes. Chicago seems much more fratty and bar oriented while NYC is a bit more upscale and pretentious. The girls in NYC also dress a lot better as well. I would like to hear opinio...

Car

fastlane168

What car do you currently drive? and your dream car is.......

Fellow WASPS, let the following add to your cynicism

net worth or nothing

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/1579.html God bless Albania, petty thugs....

0 2
Dress for IB Presentations?

milkman84

With IBs coming to campus in a few months for their firmwide and group presentations, I was just wondering...what's the dress code for these (as in, what do most u-grads wear)?...

Cell Phones - How to beat them?

aadpepsi

Does anyone subscribe to ANY cell phone service and pay their monthly dues, say $59.99/month AND actually just get a statement for $59.99/mo.? It seems like I keep upgrading and upgrading my monthly plan and I STILL get charged for all kinds of random shit. Have any of you kids figured these carri...

Nordic desk

random99

Whats the nordic desk like at your banks. I was doing some work with our division hoping for some leggy swedish girls. There is one swedish girl working in nordic sales but the rest are just guys....

club etiquette

Warren Buffett

When someone gets bottles/couches at a club, what's the etiquette later on in the night, when there's a free couch? I can't believe I'm posting on here about clubbing. I'm going to go crouch in fetal position and reevaluate my life. ...

New Phone/company suggestions?

Banking on Investments

I'm currently with sprint and use the ppc-6700 but I'm having some troubles with the internet, the pc part has glitches, and the overall quality of the connection with sprint sucks. Since it'll be nearly 2 years with this phone I was hoping you'd guys give me tips. I definitely something like the pp...

Jamaica vs Virgin Islands

tubs

I am thinking about going to either Jamaica or the US Virgin Islands before I start in July. Would any of you recommend one over the other?...

How many bankers?

zzz888

How many bankers does it take to put in a lightbulb?...

Careers Before Finance

fibows

Anyone have any whacky careers before getting involved with banking/financial services? Or maybe you do them on the side (if you have time). Any previous circus performers, stand up comedy acts, etc.? ...

Former JP Morgan / Carlyle Analyst Sues Borat

opticalcharge

Jeses, what a tool. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0606071borat1.html JUNE 6--A New York businessman who is seen being chased down Fifth Avenue by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen in the film "Borat," is suing over his unwitting bit role in the hit comedy, claiming that his civil rights...

Good luck to those who have a CFA exam today

Ivan

This is a very important Saturday, good luck to everyone involved...

gmail.

monkeyb

i cant stop clicking refresh while gmail is open....

Can anyone help me out with an accounting problem? - Gain on Sale?

Sunlounger

Given: beginning gross PP&E: $100 ending gross PP&E: $256 cost of gross PP&E purchased during the year: $237 beginning accumulated depreciation: $29 ending accumulated depreciation: $98 depreciation expense during the year: $124 proceeds from sale of PP&E during the year: $49 Question: calculate t...

Converting a one bedroom apartment.

mrbubba

I have heard of people doing stuff like building walls, etc. Does most luxury buildings approve this, or what else do people do to split one bedroom apartments?...

Summary of 99% of the people you will ever meet in college

dixm655

http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2223241470 Best thing is that it's all true and hilarious....

AHHHHHHHH

monkeyb

i am going INSANE. TOTALLY INSANE. ...

How to run a scam.

thirdallnighter...

This is a long article about one person's adventures in one of the online-gaming worlds (Eve Onlne). Fascinating. Extremely well-written, it shows exactly just how one person can take dominate and fool others. If you don't like to read, don't have a decent knowledgable background, don't bother. Ther...

Dice-K: 7IP, 6H, 1ER, 1BB, 10K

BABanker

Awesome...just awesome....

10 Weeks in Manhattan - What to do?

saywhat

I'll be in Manhattan for ten weeks, living around the East Village. I've never been here before and I def. want to get the most out of my summer experience. So, during the time I won't be working (not i-banking, so I may actually have free time, haha) what suggestions do you have? Whether it be foo...

Anyone know about Tudor City?

johnwate

Does Tudor City offer good apartments to live? How is that area? Thanks!...

+2
random finance homework problem

sleepyguyb

Zylon Co. is a U.S. firm that provides technology software for the government of Singapore. It will be paid S$7,000,000 at the end of each of the next five years. The entire amount of the payment represents earnings since Zylon created the technology software years ago. Zylon is subject to a 30 perc...

Google hack - free music, videos etc

a_round_assassin

Here's how to get your hands on free goodies: 1) Paste this into Google -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size +(wma|mp3) "Nirvana" 2) Change "Nirvana" into what ever you're looking for 3) Change "wma|mp3" into your preffered media forma...

Doonstang

titanboxer

ok so i know everyone is inviting people, but apparrently its good to have a few more friends... so post your email here if you need an invite....

UFC walk out song

Craven Moorehead

The upcoming Liddell v. Jackson fight made me start thinking about what song I would walk out to if I fought in the UFC. I was thinking one of the following: Bodies (Hit the Floor) - Drowning Pool Chop Suey - System of a Down Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit What song would you walk out to? Craven...

New Hires

random99

The other day we had the new hires come in. We have hired 11 analysts and 5 associates some summer hires others full-time. Out of all 16 there were only 3 girls. Two could do with some serious help, but the third one had a nice body. Anyone else met the new hires for the summer....

Best Pre-Law Oasis?

just didnt fit

Sorta off topic--what is the best pre-law forum (ibankingoasis esque) on the web? ...

How do you know when your nerves are shot?

ElaineSeinfeld

Is it when your reach a certain point where you just can't seem to concentrate..or even if you do concentrate you don't absorb anything. Do you shed a few tears? Does your brain hurt every time you need to work out a problem? And once you've reached this impasse, what is the best solution?...

Ron Paul M.D. for President 2008

JackDole1029

Dr. Ron Paul is a beast. Sign here if you support Ron Paul's candidacy for President of the United States in 2008. ...

New Linkin Park album

monkeypoker

Who else is disappointed? The whole thing is a bunch of softy crap with intermittent screaming. What were they thinking?...

- very good chance Bloomberg and Hagel will make a run for it!

JackDole1029

Drudge linked to a Wash Post story regarding a possible Bloomberg-Hagel 3rd party ticket. Acoording to close associates of BB, he is willing to spend $1 billion on a possible run. Sign me up....

Social hierarchy in the real world

japped187

All throughout middle school until college, it seems as though the jocks have the highest status/get the girls. Does this hold true in the real world? How do all the hardworking kids in school turn out in the real world? Also, what happens to the jocks?...

changing my forum name, heads up to those who care

Banking on Investments

Just decided that since my name is unique I should try hiding my identity a bit better. And yes I know saying this will blow my cover, but this is intended for the future since I doubt I will be in a compromising position with anyone on here now (I would hope). ...

Advice - PMed for advice

JackDole1029

Somebody PMed me for advice. I told him I was a phuck head just like he. But I also included this: Always aim for the abyss. For any deviataion, as picayune as it may be,... may cause urine to touch the seat. ...

Bank of America....what's up?

holymonkey

I know nobody here works in commercial banking because commercial banking's for lameos, but um I have a question. It has to do with credit card payments. I made a payment through transfer online yesterday and on the confirmation page, they would "update" today, but those bozos still haven't posted m...

have exam on damordan tomorrow

sleepyguyb

on his investment valuation book second edition. god i am so tired of hearing about R&D and leasing and how he adjusts everything. why cant he just use normal, non-adjusted stuff....

When is the time to buy a cool car

japped187

How much income and net worth should I have before buying buying a cool car, say a Porsche Carrera S (low 80K)?...

Cheap MP3 player for Rowing Machine

john doe

I'm looking for a cheap MP3 player that I can use while on the ergonometer (i.e one that I can wear around my neck). About two years ago I bought one from LondonTech and it became unplayable after a month (the headphone socket became damaged) and I don't want to go down that route again. The criteri...

Quality Gyms in NYC

MetalJack

Haven't seen a thread that lists actual gyms. All input is appreciated. Location? Cost? Hours? What kinds of equipment? ...

Looking for wine delivery Chicago

Kalidane

Hoping someone out there knows of a firm that does wine deliveries in Chicago, specifically looking for wines from New Zealand and can deliver to 60606 area code Any locals maybe got the inside tip?...

iBankingOasis.com and Google to Merge

killjoy

New York, NY - In an unprecedented move, Google has announced "a merger among equals" with the leading investment banking forum, iBankingOasis creating "iGoogleOasis". CEO Eric Schmidt sites the "unbelievable synergies" and "attractive niche segment" as reasons for the merger. Wall Street was not ...

Fred Thompson for President 2008

jbauer

Some of you may know him as the old and wise D.A. from the Law and Order series. He is also thinking about running for President. What do you all think?...

What do these abbrev mean?

Cest

European Equity Strategy: 03 May 07 While we were thoroughly positive on European equities two months ago, the situation looks much less clear-cut today. For the short term we find many reasons why the market should move higher but at the same time, more and more signals suggest a more cautious sta...

Who else is outraged that Imus got fired?

JackDole1029

Al Sharpton is a scumbag. What happned to free speech?...

Can You Get Ripped from Just Push-Ups and Crunches?

goldson23

Can You Get Ripped from Just Push-Ups and Crunches?...

The Election 2008 Thread

john doe

Any views? Anyone?...

What is with all of this Queen bullshit?

JackDole1029

Right now I'm watching the live feed of Dubya and the Queen at the State Dinner off of a Drudge link. WTF? All I've been hearing about is the Queen and all of her baggage-bullshit. WTF id so special about the Queen? 15 Americans died today in Iraq. Fuck the Queen and her bullshit....

R Debate

JackDole1029

Who placed where? Full Disclosure: R 1. Mitt (Very polished) 2. Mccain (Looked intense and jackked) 3. Hunter (Articulate) Giuliani didn't do as well as a thought....

Can someone explain to me what "tap" means?

Bananalyst

I know it is a strange question but I see it from time to time on message boards and I have no clue what it means. Someone usually says it after a bull-sh*t post...

Fifa vs Pro Evo

Jimbo

I've never played Pro Evo. How does it compare to EA's fifa line?...

Poker - Tutor

aadpepsi

Harvard law and Steve Levitt on POKER I have a poker tutor. I'm a tragic player at best. Yet, I hope to pay my B-school student loans this upcoming July in Vegas baby. Ha!...

Who else thinks Iraq is going to be some weird Orwellian eternal war?

midnightoil

I'll be long dead before we leave Iraq/the Middle East......

Another survey

random99

As there isn't much going on at work. We done another one of our surveys. this time it was on type of legs we like on women. Most of the guys preferred nice calfs to thighs. There was a good percentage of guys who preferred thick thighs on their women. I don't mind either if it goes with the body bu...

I-Bankers Do You Have Time to Wack Off?

goldson23

So do you i-bankers who only get 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night even bother jerking off anymore or its not worth the time and missing a minute more of sleep?...

New Hires

random99

It's been quite for the last few weeks at work. Not a hot dame insight. I have been told the new analyst class will be joining in about a month. Met two of them one guy and a girl. Unfortunately she isn't a looker, neither are any of the other girls joining i have been told by employees who met them...

Lawyers v Bankers chics

random99

So this wek we had some solicitors/lawyers come down from a few top firms and I visited one as well. I get the impression chics in law are hotter then banking. As most of these chics are pt in front of clients so have to look the part. looks like most women are hired on looks. ...

Finance Hwk Help?

aakashn

We are currently working on payoff diagrams in my intro to investments class. Was wondering if anyone could help me draw a payoff diagram to the following problems. Is there any easy way to do this? OPTIONS (3) Determine the payoff at maturity for the following portfolio: A long forward contract o...

Which bank has the best looking female analysts?

dav3100

Which bank has the best looking female analysts? I'm not asking which bank has the best looking women, including secretaries and other admin people. It'd be nice to be working alongside a hot gal at 2am. Also, what's the consensus on dating someone at your bank but not in your group? What about som...

Assignment help - Researching A Stock

alex

I'm writing an undergrad assignment at the moment that involves picking a stock on the S & P 500 (I've chosen Fedex) and writing a report giving a buy/hold/sell/etc. recommendation based on whether I think it is under/fairly/over valued. I'm having some trouble putting the info before I make a decis...

Why bother going home?

nickj4

I usually hear that people who work in IB work like 100+ hours. I was just wondering what is the point of even having home if all you need is a bed to crash into at the end of the day. Any thoughts?...

Anyone else still looking for summer housing???

mrlover1

Just wondering because i'm still on the hunt. Looking for something downtown, i know their numerous threads about this but is there anyone else in my situation. What's your plan of action??...

Beer. What would I do without it?

BABanker

I love it. I mean, I'm always trying new beers. I visit breweries. I take whole trips planned exclusively around getting new beers or beers I know, only fresher. Visiting 2000 person villages to celebrate their annual festival. I'm not an expert on the science and brewing of beer; however, the ...

Deadliest Catch Comp

matty200

According to the interview, they can make 50k+ in a week! Not sure what the bonus is like, but the hours are pretty rough....

Imus and XM/Sirius

MH8944

Do you guys think that either XM or Sirius will pick up Imus in the near future. If so which company will it be and how will it effect the merger....

what does the / mean??

lifeofpurpose

what does the / mean?? for example they say in a uni's website that they require for the graduate school a licienciado / profesional title with an overall mark of 5.0 or above. does that mean and/or? does that mean that i dont need profesional title and that the licienciado is enough. just for your ...

Caught with phonesex - will i be fired?

PowerLoser

I'm an IBD associate at a BB in NY. Since it is unbelievably difficult to find some time to meet the ladies, I occasionally (2-3 times a week at most) use my company cell to call 1-900 services, usually on my way home in the black car. Now apparently those jealous friggin lowlifes in accounting have...

Guys and gals, hot or not?

JackDole1029

http://www.ml.com/careers/campus/americas/global_markets/gm_associate_why.htm I think she's a cutie....

Pitch Book stories

SmartBanker

We all know making pitch books is one of the necessary evils of analyst life. The endless editing, thankless work and useless data sent to clients, often never even read or realized to be irrelevant halfway through a client meeting. Tell us your best stories! ...

I'm hammered...anybody else?

BABanker

It's 3:45 European Continental time. I hope I am not the only one. This is a completely pointless thread, but it is the Monkeying Around section and lately it has only been stuff about god, so let's see where this goes, if anywhere. ...

Advice Needed - School Debt

Texas10

I'm a college freshman with $5,343.73 of debt. $3,604.00 from a student loan, $1,100.00 from taxes which are due on the 17th, and $429.99 and $209.74 from 2 credit cards respectively. I have a full scholarship at my school, and whatever money isn't spent on school/housing goes to my pocket. My paren...

"Doomsday for the greenback"

StreetLuck

Article Curious to hear what you all think about this.. For once, let's try to keep the discussion on the topic, and not turn this into a Republican vs. Democrat or American vs. European debate....

How to diffuse a situation

random99

I forgot to write up this presentation, well wasn't my fault it was assigned to a number of people and somehow ended up with me. The last person in the email was my colleague and he handed it over to me and I forgot about it and everyone thought he was meant to do it. Nevertheless I got it done on t...

No new talent

random99

I haven't seen any new talent at work for a while. We use to have consultants come in once in a while and contractors, students, temps ect. But nothing for a while. We have had some new ladies but they cant be called talent. I see some run down women who look tired as if have been working for days....

Deal or no deal

uppereastside

Anyone know what the Banker on Deal or No Deal gets paid? What kind or culture and hours does he/she face?...

Which one of you ibankers is this?

sleepyguyb

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cas/306693956.html...

$3000/day for a cab ride?

aadpepsi

Now this is just silly: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070408/ap_on_fe_st/odd_taxi_move ...

Brazilian girl Workout [NSFW]

Seanc

http://www.veoh.com/videos/e79045PeHd9CT7?searchId=8336474385243287490&rank=4 That is perfection...

Pages